Action Fans Unite

Phallic symbol that’s all. Here some shizzle from my personal collection. Enjoy the dicks:

Got plenty more ;D

I’ve got some obscureish action VHS that I’m going to sell if anyone is interested.

So many musclebound hunks swinging their impressive artillery! It’s making me go all

;D

Thanks for sharing the covers, Bad Lieutenant. I haven’t seen any of those except for Truck Turner. VHS covers were so much crazier than most modern stuff, although some releases are starting to do some cooler designs again.

Finished watching Fireback last night, pretty good although the gun did not live up to the cover :smiley: I thought Blood Debts was more enjoyable but Fireback was still plenty entertaining and will for sure be watching again

Most of them are pretty watchable, except Deodato’s Flashfighter which is utter crap.

Whatta ya got?

Watched Invasion USA tonight. You guys were right, this movie is awesome. For a 1985 actioneer, it sure holds up well as a parody of some current day American ideas, so it has a particular humor to it watching here in the US. The action is freakin’ great too

Directed by Joseph Zito who has a few good films under his belt, and music by Jay Chattaway

This is the third action flick I’ve watched in the last week that ends with a dude being blown up from some kind of rocket gun.

Just for last.caress :

Glad you enjoyed it, autephex. And yeah, it’s pretty damn awesome!

Quote from: Yodlaf Peterson

I’ve got some obscureish action VHS that I’m going to sell if anyone is interested.

autephex

Whatta ya got?

:wink:

Born American is the uncut version of Renny Harlin’s Arctic Heat.

What about this?

this…

and this:

[quote=“autephex, post:45, topic:3270”]Blood Debts (1985) -
“I haven’t had this much fun at the movies since Terror Force Commando!” - autephex

Wow, this movie is basically perfect for the category of film it occupies. Its an extremely watchable blend of action and charming straight forwardness in presentation with no time-wasting bs-badly-written drama to sit through. Richard Harrison stars and co-wrote the film with director Teddy Page.

I never heard of Teddy Page before but will definitely be watching some of his other films now.

Richard Harrison is just fucking awesome.[/quote]

Viewed this the other night. Had alot of fun with it. Film just gets into it from the start, and the film just keeps you watching. Ripped some music from other films, in particular this Roy Budd track maybe from a 70’s thriller called The Black Windmill.

Good to hear. I think Blood Debts is my favorite out of the bunch I’ve viewed recently. I’m not sure what the track is, but the main one that was used constantly through the film was stuck in my head for days afterward.

My last viewing was Enzo Castellari’s Light Blast (1985)

Have never liked Erik Estrada all that much, but he does a decent job playing his role here. Some distinctly Castellari elements to this film, such as some light hearted goofiness and general style of direction. I didn’t really understand why this light gun thingy always had to shoot digital clocks to work, maybe I missed something or maybe its just typical kind of stuff that never really has any reason to it. Good action sequences but the car chases are a bit weak for me. Also some entertaining face melting type FX that doesn’t look very real but still kinda gross.

Know what you mean re the “Chips” bloke Estrada.

Watched Fireback the other night. The english dub was that crap I had to smile. The ripped off theme that stayed in my head to this one was a version of the main theme to Capricorn One by Jerry Goldsmith :smiley:

I used to have the U.K. and Japanese ones. Japanese one has photos and text on the back of the sleeve.

what a fine bunch of movies i’ve never heard of ;D

Warrior of the Lost World.

A mercenary bike rider of the future gets involved in a mission to rescue a professor. Robert Ginty plays the lead who looks the part and is an enjoyable role for the star. Not as low budget as some of the other kinds of film from the same period. Donald Pleaeance has a good time playing a role similar to his James Bond role. Was reading about the director of the film who was shipped to Italy and shown a poster of the film, and told to make a film around the poster as there was no script for the film at that point.
Anyway, the film is enjoyable cheesy stuff.

Bookmarked Warrior of the Lost World for later. Nice looking custom DVD over at CG

Uploading Blood Debts for Mickey, and figured I’d go ahead and share here in case anyone else would like it :slight_smile:

Just copy this magnet link and open it with your torrent software to download (1GB avi - xvid):

Only going to leave this up for a short time, so grab it if ya want it (plz don’t share this link beyond members of this site)

^^^ Looks like Mickey’s grabbed it, leaving up for a few more days if anyone else wants to download. Got it on my server so DL should be nice n’ fast

I grabbed it indeed, thanks! :slight_smile: