Action Fans Unite

I have a feeling when you view The Evil That Men Do you will enjoy that one. My favourite Thompson / Bronson film.

I really like The White Buffalo and Death Wish 4

Messenger of Death was tough to sit through for me, very slow tv movie feel, where nothing really happens until the last 10 minutes

Another J. Lee Thompson / Charles Bronson double feature

I have a feeling when you view The Evil That Men Do you will enjoy that one. My favourite Thompson / Bronson film.

You were right ENNIOO, this is a good one. It reminded me of a western in many ways, with Bronson playing the gunman coming to take out the corrupt, powerful baddies running amok in a Guatemalan town. Some pretty dark elements to the film and again Thompson seems to like opening on a dark note with the torture scene. The bar scene was pretty funny and great scene that follows also. The ending is good as well and adds some more western feel to the film. I think 10 To Midnight and Death Wish 4 are still at the top of my JLT / Bronson list, but The Evil That Men Do would come in at a close 3rd. Will probably go back and watch those two sometime soon to see if they hold up.

Murphey’s Law was also an enjoyable viewing, but does have some drawbacks. The story involves a crazy lady who Bronson’s character helped put away, and now she is out and seeking revenge. I assume its somewhat of a ripoff of Play Misty for Me, but not sure as I don’t remember much about that film. Murphey’s Law suffers a bit from an annoying girl sidekick who is constantly calling Bronson stupid names like “dogsnot”. She does have one short, funny scene involving some “marihuana” growers, but aside from that, would have been a better film without her. Because of this and some other things, its a bit too light for me at times but the action is still fairly well packed in and the creepy woman seeking vengeance adds some darkness to make up for the obnoxious girl, including some pretty violent killings. Definitely worth a watch if you’re a fan of Bronson or this kind of crime-action-thriller.

Glad you enjoyed The Evil That Men Do. Like that poster to the film by the way not seen that version before.

Blood Debts (1985) -
“I haven’t had this much fun at the movies since Terror Force Commando!” - autephex

Wow, this movie is basically perfect for the category of film it occupies. Its an extremely watchable blend of action and charming straight forwardness in presentation with no time-wasting bs-badly-written drama to sit through. Richard Harrison stars and co-wrote the film with director Teddy Page.

I never heard of Teddy Page before but will definitely be watching some of his other films now.

Richard Harrison is just fucking awesome.

I laughed out loud during this scene:

And laughed again at the final scene which is incredible and again, basically the perfect ending for this film.

I’ve got a DVDR copy of the US Continental Video VHS, so I made this custom DVD cover using the same VHS cover:

Above is a small image, here is the hi-res RGB printable cover:
http://cinemacemetery.net/covers/Blood_Debts_custom_cover_aute.jpg[/url]
And here is a hi-res CMYK image which has stronger colors (may show slightly different or not at all depending on your system’s graphic config):
http://cinemacemetery.net/covers/Blood_Debts_custom_cover_aute_CMYK.jpg[url]http://cinemacemetery.net/covers/Blood_Debts_custom_cover_aute.jpg

Original plus a couple more VHS versions:

Harrison with a bright red track suit top ? and a big looking gun thing…sounds like a watch :smiley: .

Blood Debts (1985)
This looks awesome, i didn't know of this film before. Have you seen Fireback from Ted Page and Harrison? It's my all-time favorite bad movie, so bad that I just love it.

I think you’d definitely enjoy Blood Debts, ENNIOO. You too, Bill.

Hadn’t heard of Fireback, will be watching that asap. Looks great!

Haha, that gun is priceless!

If you can resist watching Fireback after seeing that cover, you’ve no business viewing this thread :smiley:

I actually want to view the flick, looks cool and ridiculous at the same time, but I can’t find it anywhere. :frowning:

If you’re ok with downloading the film in XVID format (Fireback), I can set you up

Yeah, of course, why not. Thanks auteprex! :slight_smile:

I actually stumbled upon a vhs on Amazon if you’re willing to drop a few bucks on it ;D

Edit: oh, and this, a DVD claiming to be uncut Japanese version in R0 and NTSC. It’s a couple hundred dollars though and is just a resell of Revok.com’s DVD:

I do remember actuallly watching some of this since it’s on VideoAsia’s Mercs set. It was copied from a shitty vhs though, so there’s problems there to contend with.

The copy I have is sourced to a PAL VHS with English audio & Swedish subtitles which are hardcoded into the picture since its VHS source. Runtime is 1hr31.5min. Not sure of the exact release but is said to be uncut. Looks like the US Sybil Danning Adventure Video release is “unrated” and runtime on box is 90min. US HQ VHS runtime on box is 85min.

Will probably watch tonight if I have time

I have Fireback on finnish vhs along with it’s “twin movie” Hunter’s Crossing by Teddy Page. I believe these films were shot back-to-back with same cast and same locations. Same special car is used in both of them.

Cool, just got a copy of Hunter’s Crossing also. Looks like Teddy Page did several “jungle war” movies, a genre I have a hard time getting into. I prefer my action to be one-man style.

Some more covers for Hunter’s Crossing:

What is it with men on the front of action film video boxes holding their “massive weapons” high, erect and proud like this, every single time? ;D

Definitely some sort of penile dysfunction thing going on, or homosexual latency, or something. :slight_smile:

This’s a cute pic, last caress. :wink: