Action Fans Unite

This is a thread strictly for action films.

I’m particularly interested in hearing about any good 60s-80s titles to check out, along the lines of stuff like Terror Force Commando. 8)

I’ve seen alot over the past 3 years… I’ll leave out better known ones… but I rated these highly (no PM films)…

Hong Kong
A Hero Never Dies (1998)
Meltdown (1995)
From Beijing with Love
The Last Blood (1991)
Enter the Eagles
Burning Paradise (1994)
Anything with Chow Yun Fat before 1998

US or UK
Missing in Action 3
Platoon Leader
Excessive Force (1993)
Tough and Deadly (1995)
Action U.S.A. (1989)
The Soldier (1982)
The Protector (1985)
McBain (1991)
The Perfect Weapon (1991)
Exterminator 2
Terminal Island
Brute Corps
Cannon for Cordoba
99 and 44/100% Dead
Hard Justice (1995)
Darkman III: Die Darkman Die
Battle Truck (1982)
Battle Creek Brawl
Gymkata
China O’Brien

Philippines or Indonesia
Godfather Squad (1974)
Lady Terminator
Wheels of Fire (1985)
Angelfist (1993)
Firecracker (1981)
Equalizer 2000
Stryker (1983)
Nam Angels (1989)
Eye of the Eagle (1987)
Live by the Fist (1993)
Killer Instinct (1987)
They Call Her Cleopatra Wong
Dynamite Johnson (1979)
Final Score (1986)

Japanese
Anything by Atsushi Muroga (Score (1995), Blowback Love & Death)
Professional Golgo 13 (1983)

Italian
Double Target (1987)
Light Blast
Bronx Warriors 2
Hands of Steel

That’s quite a list there, chuck connors brother, and I haven’t seen most of them. Looks like I’ve got quite a jumping off point already

Conspicuously, you can also watch something by Seijun Suzuki and other Nikkatsu stuff, eliding Branded to Kill. My recommendations:

I won’t list the mainstream blockbusters, you’ve probably already seen it, so here are some of the ones that I’ve seen that you might like.

The Challenge (1982)
Uncommon Valor (1983)
Anything with Bronson
Rolling Thunder (1977)
Lone Wolf and Cub series
Walking Tall Trilogy (original)
Krull (1983) more of a fantasy but oh well

More a crime film than an actioner in strict meaning of the term, but a great movie anyway. However, I feel auteprex must have seen it already.

Invasion USA

Rolling Thunder (1977)

More a crime film than an actioner in strict meaning of the term, but a great movie anyway. However, I feel auteprex must have seen it already.

Haven’t seen it yet actually, but bookmarked it so I can do so.

Anything with Bronson

Tend to agree… still a few Bronsons I haven’t seen yet, like Messenger of Death

Invasion USA

Haven’t really paid any attention to Chuck Norris stuff because I don’t really like the dude and not a big fan of American styled martial arts action films, but I’ll give this one a shot

What do you think of the Shogun Assassin dubs? I’ve seen the first one, that combines the first two LW&C movies, thought it was good fun ;D but a friend of mine, who’s a big fan of the original series, manga and all, hates em.

I’ve only seen a couple Lone Wolf & Cub episodes, but I liked Shogun Assassin a lot

There is a music piece in Shogun Assassin that is very infectious, that always stays in my head.

I’ve haven’t seen the Shogun Assassin version.

Haven't really paid any attention to Chuck Norris stuff because I don't really like the dude and not a big fan of American styled martial arts action films, but I'll give this one a shot

I didn’t like him that much until I saw Missing in Action 3, Invasion USA, and Code of Silence … now I think he can be ranked with the best 80s action stars

Some favorites:

Leon
Rambo
Rambo: The First Blood
Death Wish
Desperado

And of course there’s the italian cop films of the 70’s but there’s too many to mention.

I didn't like him that much until I saw Missing in Action 3, Invasion USA, and Code of Silence .. now I think he can be ranked with the best 80s action stars

I’ll check all those out.

Leon has been one of my all time top films since I first saw it at the cinema as a youngin’ (was the same age as Natalie Portman’s Matilda). Great film

I’m rather fond of the entire Death Wish series, but the first is actually the one I like the least.

Desperado is also great, along with its predecessor El Mariachi. Speaking of Rodriguez, looking forward to Machete Kills:

Hey, great, especially as it could become I-watch-everything-with-Amber-Heard part 8.

Invasion USA is just plain awesome!

By the way, if you’re in the mood for something of totally different craptacular proportions: Deadly Prey!!!

Deadly Prey looks great, thanks

With a sequel aswell :

With a sequel aswell :

Deadliest Prey (2013) - IMDb

haha, wow… 2013 even

edit- See its not released yet actually. Pre-order includes a signed copy by Ted Prior:
http://deadliestprey.com/ordering.php