Action Fans Unite

Looking forward to it :slight_smile: .

Yep, me too!

My VHS of Deadly Prey:

Used to see that tape alot in the U.K when going round car boot sales. There was a sleaved box version and a carton version.

thanks for the VHS art, I think I like that cover better actually

Large Hi-res cover download: http://cinemacemetery.net/covers/Exterminator_2_DVDCoverC.jpg

Exterminator 2 last night. Lots going on in this film - 80s styled, underground criminal oriented messiah revolutionary and his breakdancing crew of thugs, super nice garbage man that isn’t very nice to punks, baby-faced flame throwing exterminator vigilante and his broadway-dancer turned showgirl ladyfriend.

Good stuff!

Making of feature: Exterminator 2 - Making Of (1984) - YouTube

Thanks for the cover, do you prefer the first film ?

Actually, I still haven’t seen the first film yet. Suppose I should take care of that

Saw them both, the first is the better one though they’re both good. I actually went out of my way to get the first to justify buying the shout factory action 4-pack :wink:

Yeah, you couldnt mistake Exterminator 2 for any other decade… the first one isn’t really an action film, but I like them both equally, James Glickenhaus is such a good director

I see that Synapse has released a bluray of the director’s cut for the first Exterminator with a new transfer that looks like really great quality.

Prefer the first film out of the two, still packs a punch after all these years.

Just finished The Exterminator - pretty, pretty, pretty fuckin’ good. Definitely like it way more than part 2, much grittier.
Cool to see Christopher George who I’ll always relate to Pieces.

Also watched Deadly Prey, good entertainment and I think I maybe enjoyed the dialogue more than the action

Speaking of the Exterminator, I was just looking over my bookshelf and remembered I had the Exterminator novelization. Hadn’t yet read it, but it’s got color photos from the movie inside it, and looks badass in general. I’ll try and get some pics after school ;D

Speaking of books, Exterminator has some interesting reading material at his pad:

Where does that bootleg of Exterminator 2 come from?

The cover I posted is for a CG DVDR that is a rip from US VHS. I got just the making of feature from it, but have the German DVD for the film. The DVDR is just VHS quality. Do like that cover though

[quote=“autephex, post:34, topic:3270”]Speaking of books, Exterminator has some interesting reading material at his pad:

[/quote]

Yknow, I was gonna pick up a copy of The Anarchist Cookbook when I was in Florida, but opted out :stuck_out_tongue:
Also, what’s the name of the book on the top in the 2nd picture?

The Condemned of Altona by Jean-Paul Sartre

I’ve got this, only watched the Busey so far though.

Last night it was a J. Lee Thompson / Charles Bronson double feature:
Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects
Messenger of Death

Both of these were good, although more crime drama thrillers than action flicks and especially Kinjite was slower moving than I had expected. Messenger of Death begins with a nicely shot opening scene that reminds me of Death Wish 4, and is the kind of style I really like from J. Lee Thompson. The bulk of both these films are spent on story-building/drama and the twist in the story of Messenger of Death is kind of amusing with modern knowledge of how “artesian water” companies operate.

My favorite J. Lee Thompson / Bronson titles are still 10 to Midnight & Death Wish 4: The Crackdown, and I’d place both of these very far above Kinjite & Messenger of Death.

More Thompson / Bronson pairings I have not yet viewed:
The Evil That Men Do
Murphy’s Law
The White Buffalo