200 Spaghetti Westerns

[quote=“sartana1968, post:58, topic:1600”]all day you search westerns??? it’s so many! i must search 10 years to watch all this![/quote]It actually took me 10 years.

I would say probably around 120 or so at this point .

10 years? a very long time…!

Time goes fast :slight_smile: .

Time really goes fast. I guess the spag fever hits like… a fever. :smiley: There are times when one searches spags like a lunatic and times when one is relatively sane.

Took me 7 years to collect around 200 spags, 170 of them on dvd.

edit. Time plays tricks on me, took me 7 years to collect those 170 dvds, more when you count the tapes.

the crapy one are so many! the good ones not so many

the crapy one are so many! the good ones not so many<

The top 50 list here ranges from great to good… There are a lot of very good ones that didn’t make that list. I think its safe to say there must be over 100 “good” SWs…All depends on individual taste I guess. I count 107 DVDs in my collection (not all of them good btw :wink: )

until now i had only 57 good westerns

[quote=“volonte, post:65, topic:1600”]Time really goes fast. I guess the spag fever hits like… a fever. :smiley: There are times when one searches spags like a lunatic and times when one is relatively sane.

Took me 7 years to collect around 200 spags, 170 of them on dvd.

edit. Time plays tricks on me, took me 7 years to collect those 170 dvds, more when you count the tapes.[/quote]

any collector isn’t meant to be measured in a normal kinda way. i’ve watched italos since 1977 and liked them since 1980 and loved them since that time.
the joe hembus western film book was some kinda bible for me, but i never understood why he , joe hembus, just celebrated a dozen italos and didn’t like the other 200 very good italos.
if something you love, but isn’t liked by others - you feel different. give up, or stand for whatever you have to stand up to.

as i have seen it in my live, collecting/loving movies doesn’t make you weaker for the important things in life - it makes you stronger, for being different and being consequent.

all you ever do - do it for yourself - and it will never do you any wrong. the numbers of italos, and the years will never compare to the love to a hobby (like italos), IT WILL NEVER BE WASTED TIME !

keep on watching

I estimate that I’ve probably seen about a hundred by now, but not many more than that. I couldn’t even begin to know how to count them. Many I don’t remember the names of after having seen them, and some I dozed off while watching or watched half-heartedly while doing other work.

I assume he simply hasn’t seen them. He was a very open minded guy, and I’m sure he would rate them very different today.
His Lexicon simply states which westerns were important then (1974), and which not. And all these SWs were relatively unknown then, and most were considered then as cheap garbage.

i have also a reworked second printing from 1995, now 1567 western are listed, with new contributions by his son Benjamin.
now there are western listed til at least 1993, but not included (only to name a few) :

Deadlock (i know its a german film, and you can discuss if its a western)
Ein Fressen für Django / W Django!
Fahr zur Hölle Django / Il figlio di Django
Mannaja – Das Beil des Todes / Mannaja (1977 - too late for the first printing,
but how could his son forget this one ?!?)
Mörder des Klans / Prega il morto e ammazza il vivo
Petroleummiezen / Les pétroleuses (which had a german cinema-release date in 1972)

every western fan should own the “western-lexikon”, but it doesn’t show any respect for italos.

You get a good overview of the most important SWs, but beneath these classics it misses a lot.

But despite it’s flaws it is such a great read. It should be reworked and then given the SW more space.

[quote=“Stanton, post:73, topic:1600”]You get a good overview of the most important SWs, but beneath these classics it misses a lot.

But despite it’s flaws it is such a great read. It should be reworked and then given the SW more space.[/quote]

the second and reworked printing from 1995 has only 314 italos included.
someone should write a Hoe Jembus Lestern-Wexikon with all, lets say 600, italos and give High Noon only space for 2 or 3 lines.

[quote=“viva matalo, post:74, topic:1600”]the second and reworked printing from 1995 has only 314 italos included.
someone should write a Hoe Jembus Lestern-Wexikon with all, lets say 600, italos and give High Noon only space for 2 or 3 lines.[/quote]

Did you count them?

Anyway the book contains only the ones released in Germany, so only a few are missing, but also a few US westerns.

And High Noon surely deserves more lines than most SWs. And Hembus is btw not very fond of High Noon.

yes, i did. and also the other books :

• Django Sartana Ringo (Jasper P. Morgan) 69 reviews
  • Für ein paar Leichen mehr (Ulrich P. Bruckner) 120 topfilms / 537 Italo-
    and 153 Eurowestern
  • Leichen pflastern ihren Weg – w. Koch DVD 432 short reviews
  • Western-Lexikon (Joe Hembus) 1567 films (314 are Italowestern)
  • Willkommen in der Hölle (Christian Kessler) 420 reviews, +140 Eurowestern

I’ve enjoyed sixty of them, but seen close to eighty or eighty five., and I own 98. At the time of this writing, I have three on the way and one downloading. I plan on buying every spaghetti wild east puts out dvd, as long as their in my price range. (Anything under 150). By the end of the year, i’d like to get close to 300. I don’t watch cable or news tv often, and don’t care for reality tv shows. I watch Spaghetti westerns, theirs nothing like them. This database is the best website on the internet. Period.

1 Like

That’s right…but it would be better to design an instagram page.

i havent seen 200, but i have about 200-300 SW

i have seen over 150

I’ve just had a count-up and I’ve seen somewhere in the region of 160-170 at this point. Prior to landing here at the SWDB, I’d seen the Dollars trilogy, OUaTitW, and Django. There are still a couple of dozen titles I own on cheapo box sets I haven’t yet seen, and I still have a few on my PC I haven’t looked at yet; A Bullet For Sandoval, Vengeance is Mine, Sonny and Jed and Get Mean being probably the most prominent among them.