Zorro Films (Westerns and Non-Westerns)

Just viewed The Three Swords Of Zorro, and this a western for me for sure. Better than the one I viewed a few posts ago.

Enjoyable enough film made in 1963 and fans of pre Leone westerns should enjoy this one, and a young Guy Stockwell stars.

Well thought I would pop another Zorro film in the player…The Shadow Of Zorro.

Well this is a western for sure and very much Spaghetti in style I thought, and the film stars a young looking Robert Hundar who seems to have more hair than usual :D.

The only downside was my copy was of very poor quality.

And I thought he was born old.

Stupid name though…
Zorro is the Spanish word for fox - making the title ‘Fox The Fox’. ???

[quote=“Ming, post:24, topic:1526”]Stupid name though…
Zorro is the Spanish word for fox - making the title ‘Fox The Fox’. ???[/quote]

Thanks for the information.

I haven’t seen any of these but I used to watch the TV series when I was very little and I’d say it’s in the borderline between western and adventure.

Still have a few to view, will try and view another this weekend.

I saw Zorro the Rebel recently, there were one or two familiar SW faces in the cast

Have you seen any others Lindberg ?

Only Zorro and the Three Musketeers (mentioned it in the beginning of the thread)

But maybe there are some hidden gems among these Zorro flicks? :smiley:

The one by Duccio Tessari is perhaps a good one?

I hope so :wink: .

I liked it. Not a masterpiece, but it was pretty entertaining

Some decent action in ?

Mainly of swashbuckling variety. The final fight is very nice to watch.

Btw. I’m trying to determine which Zorro movies can be considered SW and need some info on that matter. I’m not to strict, for example Tessari’s Zorro is westernish enough for me even though it’s set somewhere in south america, but i wouldn’t call stuff set in 15th century a western [one of Zorro movies in our database had synopsis like that]

I think reading through the thread and looking at the database opinion will of course vary on this. The following which I have viewed in the last couple of months are all westerns for me; Zorro The Fox, The Three Swords Of Zorro[font=arial][size=2] [size=1]and[/size] [/size][/font]The Shadow Of Zorro.

Well may be obvious things to say but we have; regular guys dressed in western clothes, gunplay and horse riding etc in all these. I cannot recall when they are set. For some though I suspect they will lack the Spaghetti style in atomosphere and I have not really noticed the music in these films like I do in the Spaghetti westerns that are considered such by everyone.

Silver Wolf has alot of Zorro films maybe he can shed some light on things.

Just viewed Zorro and The Court of England.

The man in black fights againt a corrupt governor of a colony.

Not a great deal of action in this, but plenty of familar faces from Spaghetti land. Lots of attension to detail in the clothes people wear and in the set design. Not like a western for me this one.

15th Century and Zorro in a British colony ?

I don’t know much about Zorro, nor of the movies, but I always thought he was a Spanish Don living in California, fighting corruption and other evils.

1 Like

I know what you mean :wink: .

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:37, topic:1526”]15th Century and Zorro in a British colony ?

I don’t know much about Zorro, nor of the movies, but I always thought he was a Spanish Don living in California, fighting corruption and other evils.[/quote]

He became like Maciste and Hercules after a while, turning up in different historical times and places. I’m slightly surprised he didn’t team up with Hercules in his battle against the Moon Men.

Anyone seen any of the Merino Zorro films (I keep thinking Zombie films)?