Your favorite Gemma western

Hello,
suitable to the review for Tex Willer i’ve listed the 17 Guiliano Gemma western.Wich do you like most and wich are the worst ?

Pistola per Ringo, Una (1965) / Eine Pistole für Ringo / A pistol for Ringo

Dollaro bucato, Un (1965) / Ein Loch im Dollar / One silver dollar

Ritorno di Ringo, Il (1965) / Ringo kommt zurück / The return of Ringo

Adiós gringo (1965) / Adios Gringo / Adios, Gringo

Arizona Colt (1966) / Arizona Colt / Man from nowhere

Per pochi dollari ancora (1966) / Tampeko - Ein Dollar hat zwei Seiten / Fort Yuma gold

Lunghi giorni della vendetta, I (1967) / Der lange Tag der Rache / Days of vengeance

Wanted (1967) / Wanted - Für drei lumpige Dollar / Wanted

Giorni dell’ira, I (1967) / Der Tod ritt dienstags / Day of anger

…e per tetto un cielo di stelle (1968) / Amigos / A sky full of stars for a roof

Vivi o, preferibilmente, morti (1969) / Friß oder stirb / Alive or preferably dead

Prezzo del potere, Il (1969) / Blutiges Blei / The price of power

Amico, stammi lontano almeno un palmo (1972) / Ben und Charlie / Ben and Charlie

Bianco, il giallo, il nero, Il (1975) / Stetson - Drei Halunken erster Klasse / The white, the yellow, and the black

California addio (1977) / Der Mann aus Virginia / California

Sella d’argento (1978) / Silbersattel / Silver saddle

Tex e il signore degli abissi (1985) / Tex und das Geheimnis der Todesgrotten / Tex and the lord of the deep

My Top 5 are - Man from nowhere , Day of anger , Ben and Charlie , A pistol for Ringo , Fort Yuma gold

not seen all of them but my favourite guiliano gemma films (so far) are

1. a pistol for ringo
  2. man from nowhere
    3.california
  3. price of power
    alive or preferably dead is the one i’m not fond of (so far).

Hmm, let me think…

1. Price of power
  2. Day of anger
  3. Ben & Charlie
  4. A pistol for Ringo
  5. Days of vengeance

But then again, these could be switched around depending on mood. Still not seen Return of Ringo, bare that in mind.
Didn’t care much for California and Fort Yuma gold. Wanted was slid, but nothing grand. The white, the yellow and the black was fun. I’ve seen The man from nowhere in drunken state and don’t remember much of it. Think I still need to see the rest of the bunch Gemma did.

California
Return of Ringo
Silver Saddle
Alive or Preferably Dead
A Sky Full of Stars for a Roof

I really enjoy watching A Pistol For and Return of Ringo back to back, and seeing how the actors change roles. It’s almost as if they were an acting troupe (were they Tussari’s regular stable?).

George Martin as the sheriff in Pistol For Ringo was the weak point of the film for me…

…But as Paco Fuentes in Return of Ringo, he’s by far the best part of the movie.

I also like the conversion of Antonio Casas from the proud ranch-owner to the worn-out drunken sheriff.

Also: Fernando Sancho!

Still remember the the city, cinema, day and time of my first Gemma
Eindhoven, Rembrandt theatre, saturday afternoon 2 o’clock
The year must have been '68 or '69
The film was Return of Ringo
Have been a fan ever since

1. I Giorni dell’Ira
  2. I Lunghi Giorni della Vendetta
  3. Il Ritorno di Ringo
  4. Una Pistola per Ringo
  5. Un Dollaro Bucato

(Haven’t seen E per tetto un cielo di stelle and Sella d’Argento))

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:6, topic:1231”]Still remember the the city, cinema, day and time of my first Gemma

1. I Giorni dell’Ira
  3. Il Ritorno di Ringo
  4. Una Pistola per Ringo
  5. Un Dollaro Bucato

(Haven’t seen E per tetto un cielo di stelle and Sella d’Argento))[/quote]

I wish I could say I have been a fan as long as you.
That’s love found early. Nice memory.

1. Il Ritorno di Ringo
  2. Una Pistola per Ringo
  3. Il Prezzo del potere
  4. I Giorni dell’ira
  5. I Lunghi giorni della vendetta

1. Il Ritorno di Ringo
  2. I Lunghi giorni della vendetta
  3. Una Pistola per Ringo
  4. I Giorni dell’ira
  5. Il Prezzo del potere

Bottom

1. Il bianco, il giallo, il nero
  2. Tex e il signore degli abissi
  1. Day of Anger
  2. Return of Ringo
  3. Pistol for Ringo
  4. One Silver Dollar
  5. California

[quote=“stanton, post:9, topic:1231”]Bottom

1. Il bianco, il giallo, il nero
  2. Tex e il signore degli abissi[/quote]

Ha. Good thinkin’. He did make a couple of stinkers! Do you really think Tex is worse than Il Bianco?
I couldn’t even bring myself to watch the whole thing (Il Bianco). I think Tex is a whole level above the other. It’s still the 6th circle of Spaghetti hell (maybe, maybe not) but it ain’t the bottom.
I kind of upset someone on the forum some tiime ago when I said I thought that after Il bianco, il giallo, il nero Tomas Milian should have retired and spent the rest of his life hunting down and destroying every know copy.
You think Tex is WORSE? I knew you had a strong stomach from all your dealings with SD but I’m still surprised.
Heehee. Dang.

Not too sure, but sure that both are at the end of the list, keeping a distance to the other 15.
Sure that both were only a waste of time for me.
Sure that it would be a better world without those 2.

Maybe it was only that Il bianco is the better directed of the both, or that I still have a soft spot for Sergio C, but they both made me sad while watching them for being such a lousy conclusion to their director’s western career.

And Duccio’s had started so promising with his contribution to the FoD screeenplay and his 2 Ringo films, but after 65 he failed to have any impact to the rapidly changing and developing genre.

Those scenes at the end of Tex Willer with the (fake looking) indians, the idiotic fantasy elements, the shabby special effects, the poor action, this all made me very, very sad.
Maybe if I rewatch Tex Willer expecting nothing, I will see him in a more positive light, but I doubt that it will be something else than a weak western for me.

2/10 for both, there are worse ones, hope I miss most of them, life’s too short to be wasted with all this boring crap, there are so many, many good films (books, comics, music) out there …

[quote=“stanton, post:12, topic:1231”]Not too sure, but sure that both are at the end of the list, keeping a distance to the other 15.
Sure that both were only a waste of time for me.
Sure that it would be a better world without those 2.

Maybe it was only that Il bianco is the better directed of the both, or that I still have a soft spot for Sergio C, but they both made me sad while watching them for being such a lousy conclusion to their director’s western career.

And Duccio’s had started so promising with his contribution to the FoD screeenplay and his 2 Ringo films, but after 65 he failed to have any impact to the rapidly changing and developing genre.

Those scenes at the end of Tex Willer with the (fake looking) indians, the idiotic fantasy elements, the shabby special effects, the poor action, this all made me very, very sad.
Maybe if I rewatch Tex Willer expecting nothing, I will see him in a more positive light, but I doubt that it will be something else than a weak western for me.

2/10 for both, there are worser ones, hope I miss most of them, life’s too short to be wasted with all this boring crap, there are so many, many good films (books, comics, music) out there …[/quote]

All good points. I come at it from a slightly different angle than you but not so far off really.
I had NO expectations for Tessari but (some) hopes for Corbucci. So I was more disappointed in Corbucci’s but also, the way Tomas Milian chose to portray his character in Il Bianco was just so awful to me. Not necessarily because it was “politically incorect” (that had no meaning at the time of the film) but because , even worse, IT WASN"T FUNNY. (IMO)

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:13, topic:1231”]All good points. I come at it from a slightly different angle than you but not so far off really.
I had NO expectations for Tessari but (some) hopes for Corbucci. So I was more disappointed in Corbucci’s but also, the way Tomas Milian chose to portray his character in Il Bianco was just so awful to me. Not necessarily because it was “politically incorect” (that had no meaning at the time of the film) but because , even worse, IT WASN"T FUNNY. (IMO)[/quote]

Milian, Wallach and Gemma are 3 of my favourite actors and I have deliberately avoided ever seeing this film in order to keep it that way. Obviously, not having seen it I can’t make any sustainable criticism but everything I’ve heard about the film makes me not want to see it.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:13, topic:1231”]All good points. I come at it from a slightly different angle than you but not so far off really.
I had NO expectations for Tessari but (some) hopes for Corbucci. So I was more disappointed in Corbucci’s but also, the way Tomas Milian chose to portray his character in Il Bianco was just so awful to me. Not necessarily because it was “politically incorect” (that had no meaning at the time of the film) but because , even worse, IT WASN"T FUNNY. (IMO)[/quote]

Yes, yes Milian is terrible, looks terrible, acts terrible and most important: he’s NOT Funny (nore is the whole junk).
Wallach looks like he was thinking the whole time: What the fuck am I doing here?
But Gemma does what he always does in his comedy roles, he’s quite ok.

The shootout near the end was the best scene of the film.

Corbucci has made several totally unfunny comedies, and he made lots of comedies, before and after his SW time, in the first 15 and in the last 15 years of his career.
He made actually more comedies than action flicks.

We all know which type of films his talents were tailored for , so this is a pity.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:6, topic:1231”]Still remember the the city, cinema, day and time of my first Gemma

1. I Giorni dell’Ira
  3. Il Ritorno di Ringo
  4. Una Pistola per Ringo
  5. Un Dollaro Bucato

(Haven’t seen E per tetto un cielo di stelle and Sella d’Argento))[/quote]

This is a really wonderful memory !
One of the Italowestern i have seen at cinema was ‘Un dollaro bucato’ it was the only Gemma at the big screen for me.
I went there with a friend,we was 13 or 14 years old,the movie was free at 16.
You surely can imagine how happy we was,when weve been inside the cinema

Great stuff ;).

My favorite Gemma Spaghetti is Fort Yuma Gold. Strong plot and OK acting.

arizona colt and silver sadle