Your favorite Gemma western

1. Return of Ringo
  2. Day of Anger
  3. Arizona Colt
  4. Price of Power
  5. A Pistol for Ringo

So far I haven’t seen a Gemma film that I haven’t liked…and that’s probably because I haven’t seen the one he made with Corbucci.

1. RETURN OF RINGO
  2. A PISTOL FOR RINGO
  3. CALIFORNIA
    4.PRICE OF POWER
    5.FORT YUMA GOLD

Mine are as follows:

1. Day of Anger.
  2. The Return of Ringo.
  3. Arizona Colt.
  4. The Price of Power.
  5. The White, The Yellow and The Black.[font=times new roman][/font]

My favorite Gemma Westerns are:

1. RETURN OF RINGO
  2. ARIZONA COLT
  3. A PISTOL FOR RINGO
  4. LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE
  5. DAY OF ANGER
  1. Per pochi dollari ancora / Fort Yuma Gold
  2. E per tetto un cielo di stelle/A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof
  3. Un dollaro bucato / One silver dollar (Highly enjoyable in his simplicity)
  4. California (What the genre could be in the Seventies without the influence of Trinity movies)
  5. I lunghi giorni della vendetta (Very well-made, good cast, great shaving sequence)
  6. Arizona Colt
  7. Il ritorno di Ringo / The return of Ringo (Far better than Una pistola per Ringo, but basically overrated)
  8. I giorni dell’ira / Day of Anger (Uneven SW with the always incisive LVC and a couple of remarkable scenes)
  9. Il prezzo del potere / Price of Power
  10. Una pistola per Ringo
  11. Sella d’argento/Silver Saddle
  12. Wanted
  13. Amico, stammi lontano almeno un palmo
  14. Adios Gringo
  15. Tex e il Signore degli Abissi (I love the comic strip, unfortunately the film is rather shoddy)
  16. Vivi o preferibilmente morti
  17. Il Bianco, il Giallo, il Nero
  1. Il ritorno di Ringo
  2. Una pistola per Ringo
  3. California
  4. Un dollaro bucato
  5. Il prezzo del potere
  6. Per pochi dollari ancora
  7. Arizona Colt

I lunghi giorni della vendetta is on its way… ::slight_smile:

Not seen I giorni dell’ira either.

I found Corbucci’s film to have a certain charm. But not Milian.

My favourite one is either The Return of Ringo or Arizona Colt, can’t make my mind up.

A Pistol for Ringo
California
Arizona Colt
One Silver Dollar
Day of Anger
Wanted
Price of Power

[quote=“SWreggie, post:28, topic:1231”]A Pistol for Ringo
California
Arizona Colt
One Silver Dollar
Day of Anger
Wanted
Price of Power
…[/quote]

No Return of Ringo?

I’m halfway through watching The White, the Yellow and the Black and I am shocked at how much it sucks. An All-Star cast for sure but I’ve never seen any of them used so stupidly (especially Milian). Definitely not my favourite Gemma western.

Oh I forgot

Find this but only half as good as “A Pistol”. I put this on a rear Position…

The badest Gemma western is “Tampeco” , i think…

Really? For me the best of the Ferroni/ Gemma SWs. Simple, but entertaining, and more accomplished than the others.

Reggie, the English title is btw Fort Yuma Gold. I don’t remember at the moment why the German version was named Tampeko.

To pick up only 5 I would choose:

Silver Saddle
Return of Ringo
California
(These three are my favourites with Gemma !!)

The long Days of Vengeance
Day of Anger

Of those I’ve seen I’d say A Pistol For Ringo.

In my opinion of the 3 Gemma/Ferroni SWs WANTED is definitely the less inspired.

I don’t know. I prefer One Silver Dollar, because it’s a rich and warm movie, but the other two have their merits too. Fort Yuma Gold probably has the most eventful story, and Wanted has some very fine cinematography, especially the scenes shot in autumn or winter are great. I also like Nello Pazzafini’s priest in this one. The film is, admittedly, overlong, and the scenes shot in Almeria don’t match with the rest of the movie.

Return of Ringo is my favourite one and then Day of Anger.
I know Gemma divides audiences, I recently gave my mate my spare copy of A Pistol for Ringo after obtaining the Koch Media release. He loves the Leone westerns and a few more, such as Great Silence and The Mercenary but I think this was the first Gemma western, he said the plot. the action, the cast, the music was brilliant except for the actor playing the main character who nearly ruined the whole movie. I like the film

In Giuliano Gemma’s filmography there’s an odd, interesting film heavily connected
with the genre: what do you think about Circuito Chiuso by Giuliano Montaldo?

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:38, topic:1231”]In Giuliano Gemma’s filmography there’s an odd, interesting film heavily connected
with the genre: what do you think about Circuito Chiuso by Giuliano Montaldo?[/quote]

I’ve heard about it, but haven’t watched it yet

I have seen it very long ago. It is maybe a story better suited for a short film.