Will there ever be a new Spaghetti western?

a litle? no a zero fate :slight_smile:

yea!! a new trash western django from tarantino >:(

Well, it hasn’t been released yet… lets atleast decide wether it’s trash or not when we’ve seen it.

i never seen anything good from tarantino only from rodrigez

I have to say I disagree with every fibre of my being. Rodriguez films are sloppy and bloated, substituting story telling for lavish, pointless and incoherent action scenes that as of late have been drowning in sub-par CGI. Tarantino writes some of the most tight and clever scripts around, reading one of his scripts is more exciting than watching one of Rodriguez films. Where Rodriguez needs big set-pieces and computer explosions to (try and) excite, QT needs two actors and some dialogue, and that, to me, is great.

I’ve seen only two Tarantino’s movies: Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs (Yes, I know that’s not too much… ;)), but I can say both movies really impressed me.
Pulp was simply a great fun, an every single moment was ingenious (except for the Marselus Wallace rape scene that I found disguisting :D).
Reservoir was cleverly scripted, acted and directed film, with great structure, possibly even better than Pulp’s.
As for Rodriguez films, I’ve never seen one, have to watch one, before I judge.

I’m really looking forward to Tarantino’s movie with great interest. He’s got SW references all over his movies, from the character named Ringo in “Pulp Fiction”, to the use of music from “Grande Duel” and “Fistful of Dollars” in the “Kill Bill” films, to the great opening scene in “Inglorious Basterds”, which is a take on the Lee Van Cleef entrance in “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly”.

I didn’t like the “Japanese Django” flick too much, but he wasn’t the director or the writer on that, so it doesn’t count!

I don’t think we should root for by-the-numbers new take on Sphagetti Western, that kind of nostalgic stuff can never feel right. I rather hope for western revival which will be influenced but original, like revisionists westerns of Peckinpah or Eastwood were under obvious influence from SW, but great in their own way.

And that’s exactly what I hope Django Unchained will kickstart - new interest in (spaghetti) westerns among broad audience (and imaginative directors).
There really wasn’t a great western since Eastwood stop making them, if we don’t count a couple made immediately after success of Unforgiven and couple of recent remakes of old westerns.

‘Django Unchained parody’ year 2015 ;D

I found this on fb, some sort of short film I guess.

Looks pretty cool!