Wild East Productions

yeah… i am not a fan of all those “funny” stuff but well… in order to be a completist :slight_smile:

For the first time available on DVD in the USA - two of the greatest LEE VAN CLEEF movies - BEYOND THE LAW and THE GRAND DUEL!!!

Full uncut version n its original aspect ratio: 2.35:1; english language

Now available for only $ 19.95

Limited Edition!

and

BEYOND THE LAW: Wide Screen Presentation Extras: Photo Gallery Trailer Chapter Selections

THE GRAND DUEL
Widescreen Presentation
Extras: Photo Gallery
Trailer
Chapter Selections

source: http://www.wildeast.net/van-cleef-special.htm

About the Ben & Charlie: yes, it is a funny western but not a pure comedy like Trinity movies or most of horrible 70’s spaghetti comedies. It’s a very good movie in my opinion and I think you should give it a try.

I’ve just received The Grand Duel DVD from Wild East. I already own the Stingray Japanese version and a “bootleg” using the same print but with English dialogue. I have to say that I’m slightly dissapointed with the Wild East version. It is no better in quality than the Japanese and bootleg versions. I was hoping it would be cleaned up more.

Also, on the scrolling credits at the beginning, when it gets to where it should say “Il Grande Duello” on screen, there is a god damn awful still screen over the top with “The Grand Duel” written in horrible bright colours. I assume that this was taken from the original American release but I think that it spoils the opening credits terribly.

Anyone feel the same?

Bill san Antonio, I have to agree, Ben and Charlie is well worth a watch. It’s a good film and imo the music is excellent.

what about the beyond the law DVD? anyone already have that one?

by the way I finally found them on amazon.com

Have it not as good as The Grand Duel more like an American Western

did we mention this one already?

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=2819

Anamorphic (16:9) Widescreen Version

English audio

Interview with Gianni Garko

Photo Gallery

Trailer

Region 0, NTSC

That’s great news Sebastian. Hopefully we’ll finally get a decent quality english language DVD of the first Sartana movie. Can the first person to get a copy please post a report?

its coming in mid january. be patient, amigo :slight_smile:

Is the Beyond the Law/Grand Duel dvd anamorphic?

I kind of outsourced the info on the first page of this thread to this page:

please contribute and/or correct things. thanks

The disc is a flipper with one film on each side and both are anamorphic. The Grand Duel has a weird, out of place looking title card in the opening. The transfers are very good especially when compared to Wild East’s older non-anamorphic transfers. I put The Grand Duel in just to take a peek but the opening sequence and score drew me in and I watched it straight through, and I have seen the film before. There are some elements of print damage, bad splices, debris, etc but nothing that detracts from how good the film is. The trailer included looks analog sourced and therefore like crap although I’d rather have it than not. I noticed a deleted sequence in the trailer. In the trailer, the old man Adam Saxon shoots outside the saloon places a bloody hand on Adam’s white suit. In the film, the scene is truncated but the handprint is visible and Clayton makes a comment about the blood not coming out. I have two other copies of this film including one with “Big Showdown” titles at the beginning and the scene plays the same in all three. I can only assume the bloody handprint was cut from all releases but was kept in the trailer.

Did you notice the electricity pylons on the hill behind the Saxons at the end?

coming in January: The Dirty Outlaws

For the first time available on DVD in the USA.

U.S. theatrical version in its original aspect ratio: 2.35:1 Anamorphic (16:9) Widescreen English Language

Limited Edition! $19.95

Anybody know just how limited these releases are. Day of Anger has been out for a couple of years now and still easily available. Glad to see them releasing more frequently lately.

yeah. just bugs me they are so expensive. 20 bucks for a dvd, that’s tough, no matter what you tell me how excellent they are. 20 bucks is money i usually spend for 2 special editions in the reduced price section of amazon. not for one dvd, with hardly any extras at all… well they are classics anda ll, but still, 20 bucks, sheeesh

well, I’m not complaining as long as I don’t have to rely on japanese editions. They are insanely expensive!

Anyone hear when Dirty Outlaws will be available for sure? I went to Wildeast website and when you hit order now it takes you to their catalog but it is not in there even though it says order now.

Wild East’s next release will be Gentleman Killer. Other future releases are rumoured to be Taste of Killing and Matalo! Possibly Gunfight at Red Sands too.

gentleman killer is already announced on their website, yes.

the problem i have is, that i just dont even have the money to buy those they have already released. so far i only have kill and pray and day of anger