White Fang / Zanna Bianca (Lucio Fulci, 1973)

Database page: Zanna Bianca - The Spaghetti Western Database

Watched this movie yesterday. Very good and very entertaining. Well directed, with great cast (Franco Nero, Raimund Harmstorf, Fernando Rey, John Steiner). Nero and Harmstrof are likeable protagonists, Steiner just oozes evil and Carole AndrƩ looks very nice. The only thing i disliked was the music. Recommended. 4 stars

Surprised to find Franco Nero did not dub his own voice on the english dub to this one, and yes the music is poor to this one I thought aswell.

Why this one was moved to the eurowestern board? Itā€™s an Italian-Spanish-French co-production and eurowestern baord should be a place for stuff like non-italian produced westerns and Winnetou movies.

Yes. Can see that Unter Geiern has been moved to this part of town as well but it is Italian co-produced as well !

Yes, but thatā€™s a Winnetou movie, so itā€™s more logical for it to be moved here.
Anyway currenntly working on moving Eurowesterns located in Western board here.

uh the reason was that i thought iā€™d move everything eurowestern and whatever else only narrowly made the ā€œwesternā€ definition, zanna bianca is more an adventure.

but iā€™ll undo the whole thing if thereā€™s disagreement. not enough topics to qualify a seperate childboard anyway

Uh why, doesnā€™t make sense to me. Donā€™t want to change whatever definition this board has for a spaghetti western but thought that it at least being Italian co-produced was ā€˜enoughā€™? If itā€™s because of lack of ā€˜spaghetti feelā€™ a lot of the early spaghetti westerns could just as easily be moved to this sub-board aswell.

Oh well, it will probably make more sense when all the moving has been done :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œSebastian, post:6, topic:1058ā€]uh the reason was that i thought iā€™d move everything eurowestern and whatever else only narrowly made the ā€œwesternā€ definition, zanna bianca is more an adventure.

but iā€™ll undo the whole thing if thereā€™s disagreement. not enough topics to qualify a seperate childboard anyway[/quote]
I think this sub-board is necessary. Thereā€™re topics on movies like ā€œPo zakonuā€ or ā€œCut throats nineā€ in the general western board and it would be a good idea to move them here. But for some strange reason i canā€™t do it. :frowning:

ok so i agree with most of whatā€™s been said. i moved some stuff that i shouldnā€™t have, and thereā€™s stuff that definitely fits into this board, but isnā€™t even in here yet, but what iā€™m wondering is if thereā€™s even enough current and future topics that would make this childboard necessary

These White Fang films are no westerns imo.

This one by Fulci I have seen several years ago, then it was a boring and badly made crap for me, wonder if I would view it now more friendly.

I reckon not.

Why not? Itā€™s set in the the Wild West. If itā€™s not western then The Call of the Wild or Jeremiah Johson arenā€™t either. Mainly Italian production = spaghetti western.

ok my final remark on this: iā€™ll move everything italo-related back, but should we keep the eurowestern section for all the finnish, turkish and east german stuff?

I think so.
We will always have some wrangling over definition but if it is not italian yet is european then here is a good place.

Fulciā€™s directing is good and cast is brilliant. Especially Franco Nero is very good in this one, so charismatic and itā€™s a pleasure to watch him in action scenes, his moves are so acute and fast.
Unfortunately I just canā€™t get into these white fang films. One thing is the animal fights which are very unpleasant for me to watch. I donā€™t usually fast forward movies but the two fights in this one were too much for me.

I gave it 2 stars. Itā€™s not a bad movie but itā€™s not just my cup of tea.

Boring and tedious. The film canā€™t decide whether it wants to be a kiddie film or a semi-gore fest.
The only bit of excitement comes at the very end when Steiner threatens to blow the dam wide open.

I hope the sequel is somewhat better than this garbage.

[quote=ā€œYourPallbearer, post:16, topic:1058ā€]Boring and tedious. The film canā€™t decide whether it wants to be a kiddie film or a semi-gore fest.

I hope the sequel is somewhat better than this garbage.[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Laughing at my comment or laughing at the fact that the sequel sucks just as hard?

Alfonso Bresciaā€™s White Fang and the Gold Diggers is worse. Itā€™s a awful mixture of kids films (with all White Fang/kid stuff and slapstick comedy fights) and very brutal animal violence, rape etc.

Nobody has seen the Fulci sequel (also with Nero)?