Whats your favorite "Unofficial Django" movie?

I’m gonna imitate SD and do a poll of my own.

Vote for your top 3 Unofficial Django Sequels/prequels/remakes. In order to qualify as a Django film, there must be" Django" in the name or at least one of the alternative titles, or one of the main characters have to be named Django. It also has to be a western. The movie doesn’t actually have to have anything to do with the Corbucci original. I counted 38 so far. There is probably more than this, so if I missed anything feel free to let me know. You can change your votes if you want.

I voted for Keoma, Vengeance is mine/100000 for a massacre, and Django the Bastard/Strangers gundown.

I know what your thinking about Keoma, its got nothing to do with Django, but than again, neither do half of these films.

Vote away and have fun and lemme know of any ommissions. I think I got all the important ones. Remember you can change your vote anytime.

I voted Django kill and Preparati la bara! But i I missed I want him dead (Lo voglio morto/Django, ich will ihn tot). Would have been my third choice.

Done! I want him dead added to the poll. I personally liked Craig hill in this movie alot too.

Added a further 7 Django movies to the bottom. The total is now 46.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:1, topic:925”]I’m gonna imitate SD and do a poll of my own.

Vote for your top 3 Unofficial Django Sequels/prequels/remakes. In order to qualify as a Django film, there must be" Django" in the name or at least one of the alternative titles, or one of the main characters have to be named Django. It also has to be a western. The movie doesn’t actually have to have anything to do with the Corbucci original. I counted 38 so far. There is probably more than this, so if I missed anything feel free to let me know. You can change your votes if you want.

I voted for Keoma, Vengeance is mine/100000 for a massacre, and Django the Bastard/Strangers gundown.[/quote]

Nicely Imitated Col DM !!
Needless to say I LIKE very much most or nearly all of these superb DJANGO SWs.

I Voted for only 3 allowed :o :

Una Lunga Fila Di Croci / No Room To Die A.Steffen 1969
Django Il Bastardo A.Steffen 1969
Lo Voglio Morto C.Hill 1968

Look Forward to your next poll :wink:

Voted DJANGO KILL! SENTENZA DI MORTE and DJANGO SFIDA SARTANA - the last one was listed twice. ??? Bubbling under: PREPARATI LA BARA (the semi-official sequel) and many others with the lowest common D-denominator… If I remember right, KEOMA had the working title “Django - il grande ritorno” but was it distributed somewhere as a Django pic? Whatever, the first act has more of the real Django spirit than anything in DJANGO STRIKES BACK.

I voted for Se Sei Vivo Spara, Sentenza Di Morte and 10.000 Dollari Per Un Massacro. Would have voted for Lo Voglio Morto (unfortunately voted before it was added). Honourable mentions to Una Lunga Fila Di Croci and Django Il Bastardo :slight_smile:

I voted Diecimila dollari per un massacro, Se sei vivo, spara! and Django il bastardo

Good poll, Colonel, now I even realize more that films like Sentenza di Morte and Lo Voglio Morto are on that ever growing pile of movies still to watch …

By the way: has anybody ever seen STARBLACK ?
The film has one of the most beautiful posters of any SW (what about the Danish one Ava?), but according to what I’ve read about it here and there, it’s not a great film, more Zorro than Django.

I corrected the mistake. Thanks. And yeah according to imdb, Keoma was released as Django rides again and Django’s great return in the states.

Hmm I thought that you can modify your votes at any time but apparently not. Sorry about the oversight of Lo Voglio Morto.

Voted for Sentenza di Morte, Preparati la bara!, and Keoma

I liked seeing Terence Hill in a prequel to Corbucci’s original. Watching him dig up his machine gun was awesome.

Death Sentence is classic and a recent addition to my collection - Robin Clarke should have been in more pastas. Great tale of revenge.

Keoma has long been a favorite of mine even though it has nothing to do with Django (except for Nero of course).

EXECUTION 1968 JOHN RICHARDSON RITA KLEIN

Is this Outstanding SW from Domenico Paolella a Django film ??

I might want to CHANGE my vote but it does NOT appear possible :o

This not outstanding SW by Paolella was one of the many german Djangos.

What’s about Bruno Corbucci’s Spara gringo, spara, in which country got this one the Django blessing?

[quote=“stanton, post:13, topic:925”]This not outstanding SW by Paolella was one of the many german Django.

What’s about Bruno Corbucci’s Spara gringo, spara, in which country got this one the Django blessing?[/quote]
The data page of a very cool site(the spaghetti-western database!) said in france and belgium it got a django blessing. Interesting that the germans did not come up with one, as they allmost named every film django.

Se sei vivo spara
10 000 Dollari per un massacro
Django il bastardo

Have skipped L’ultimo killer and Spara gringo, spara, because there’s nothing djangoesque in them.

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:12, topic:925”]EXECUTION 1968 JOHN RICHARDSON RITA KLEIN

Is this Outstanding SW from Domenico Paolella a Django film ??

I might want to CHANGE my vote but it does NOT appear possible :o[/quote]

Sorry about that SD! I added Execution after taking a look at Weisser’s mess er, I mean book. I didn’t really like Execution too much though.

Funny about that because I didn’t think German’s would go see a movie unless it was named Django. I think Django is like a brand name to Germans. Its like how some people don’t wear clothes unless its by a designer label.

This is WHAT HAPPENS To Anyone Who Dislikes EXECUTION 1968 CLASSIC SW
And also fails to “fully appreciate” WEISSER’s BOOK ::slight_smile: :smiley:

Joking apart the DJANGO Films are many and nearly all quite outstanding & enjoyable.
I will NOT change my vote :o , as I cannot anyway !!

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:17, topic:925”]This is WHAT HAPPENS To Anyone Who Dislikes EXECUTION 1968 CLASSIC SW
And also fails to “fully appreciate” WEISSER’s BOOK ::slight_smile: :smiley:

Joking apart the DJANGO Films are many and nearly all quite outstanding & enjoyable.
I will NOT change my vote :o , as I cannot anyway !![/quote]

Hahaha I find it ironic that you like Weisser’s book SD, since in his book he has written some rather unflattering comments about Peter Lee Lawrence and Richard Harrison!!

I am only having fun about WEISSER’s Book Col. DM and I know that if I ever need to
use it (I have not got my copy at home at the moment) then I ensure I VERIFY everything.
:smiley: :wink:
Weisser I believe had never even seen most or Any ? of PLL/Richard Harrison FAB SWS.
Hence the Unflattering comments are ill informed /nonsensical :cry:

Can I suggest for your Next Poll maybe something like VOTE For Best VAN CLEEF Films ?
That would be another winner :slight_smile:

[quote=“SARTANA DJANGO, post:19, topic:925”]Can I suggest for your Next Poll maybe something like VOTE For Best VAN CLEEF Films ?
That would be another winner :)[/quote]
Such a poll already exists