Whats your favorite "Unofficial Django" movie?

That is true Alko, but the exisiting Poll ONLY has 13 Lee Van Cleef Films :cry:
Maybe a more complete/accurate Poll the Col DM might do or maybe he wont :wink:

[quote=ā€œSARTANA DJANGO, post:21, topic:925ā€]That is true Alko, but the exisiting Poll ONLY has 13 Lee Van Cleef Films :ā€™(
Maybe a more complete/accurate Poll the Col DM might do or maybe he wont ;)[/quote]
You mean a poll with all of Van Cleefā€™s movies? that sounds like a good idea

YES I do Alko as you may have guessed from my own recently created POLLS I believe
in giving Voters as FULL VALUE as possible :slight_smile: , before a cut off point is reached.
I am a BIG FAN of LEE VAN CLEEF and I would prefer a Poll that listed most/all his films :smiley:
Assuming that we are allowed to do that given that a poll already exists.

[quote=ā€œSARTANA DJANGO, post:23, topic:925ā€]YES I do Alko as you may have guessed from my own recently created POLLS I believe
in giving Voters as FULL VALUE as possible :slight_smile: , before a cut off point is reached.
I am a BIG FAN of LEE VAN CLEEF and I would prefer a Poll that listed most/all his films :smiley:
Assuming that we are allowed to do that given that a poll already exists.[/quote]
The other poll contains only his SWs so i guess we are.

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:8, topic:925ā€]By the way: has anybody ever seen STARBLACK ?
The film has one of the most beautiful posters of any SW (what about the Danish one Ava?), but according to what Iā€™ve read about it here and there, itā€™s not a great film, more Zorro than Django.[/quote]
I love Starblack, but I like the wacky type movies. Itā€™s not like Django, it has more of an American Western style to it. Im a Robert Woods fan and he does a great job playing this character who everyone in the town thinks is an easy going guitar player/singer. So itā€™s cool when he puts on the black mask and goes out to take care of the bad guys. He has a sidekick too that adds some humor to it. The best way to describe it is itā€™s like a Spaghetti Western version of the Batman tv show.

Thanks Jamie !

Looks like I will like this one, I was crazy about Batman when I was young, so a cross between him and Robert Woods should do it for me

By the way: welcome to the forum

ZORRO = GUY WILLIAMS = ALAIN DELON = GREAT FILMS FOR ALL THE FAMILY

Whenever I see the late great Guy Williams or the World Star Alain Delon Playing Zorro
It reminds me of many DJANGO films :slight_smile:

Starblack 1966 Good Stylish SW.

Voted for 10.000 dollari per un massacro and Keomaā€¦ havenā€™t seen to many of the others. Se sei vivo spara is a good movie, but I couldnā€™t watch it once again. I donā€™t have the stomach for itā€¦ I almost felt sick at the end.
But I love the actors - all are very good in it. Milian is not his typical character, but he is Milian. :smiley: And good to see the man from Tucumcari as one of the main villains. (In fact, this movie has one weekness: itā€™s two movie in one, a normal spaghetti western ending with the Strangerā€™s revenge, and a horror about gay bandits and greed, beginning after it. And no humour - even in the darkest SWs there are some funny scenes or lines - this one is absolutely serious.)
So, good - but I need very much to drink before I see it again. :smiley:

Keoma has the athmosphereā€¦ nothing to do with Django, but that doesnā€™t matter. ;D Franco is great, William Berger is a semi-god. And I love the music.

10.000 dollars has all what I love in a spaghetti westernā€¦ revenge, a little surrealism, ghost town, tragedy, cool characters, nice shootouts, and a totally HOT mexican bad guyā€¦ I fell in love with Manuel. :-* And that bastard Django killed him! :ā€™( ;D My preciousā€¦ :wink:
My God, the kidnapped girl loved the bandit. So why to save her? :stuck_out_tongue:

What does SARTANA DJANGO think of his namesake ā€œDjango sfida Sartanaā€ if they have watched? What mark out of 20?

I vote for this. Itā€™s nothing like Django. Itā€™s almost a dry-humour spaghetti western. Itā€™s not a comedy however. Itā€™s serious but yet it isnā€™t. The final shoot-out scene is nice. Lots of over-the-top stomach clenching deaths. Donā€™t know if it was copied from anywhere else?

i[/i] A baddie starts laughing like a madman and shoots crazy at Django with two guns. Django doesnā€™t budge and shoots him with one bullet. The baddie gets hit and, in much pain, then puts the two guns back in their holsters. Very theatrical and pretty funny! Once heā€™s done that then Django shoots him once more to kill him. :smiley:

Inside, Sartana blasts the antlers off the wall and they fall off trapping the main baddie around the neck with them. Again, pretty funny stuff! They tried that later in Fawlty Towers with Manuel and Basil. :smiley:

1. Quella sporca storia nel west

2. 10.000 dollari per un massacro

3. Preparati la bara

4. Se sei vivo spara

5. Una lunga fila di croci

6. Quel caldo maledetto giorno di fuoco

7. Il momento di uccidere

8. Anche per Django le carogne hanno un prezzo :wink: :slight_smile:

9. GiĆ¹ la testaā€¦ hombre :slight_smile: :wink:

10. GiĆ¹ le maniā€¦ Carogna :wink: :slight_smile:

[quote=ā€œcaldwell76, post:29, topic:925ā€]What does SARTANA DJANGO think of his namesake ā€œDjango sfida Sartanaā€ if they have watched? What mark out of 20?

I vote for this. Itā€™s nothing like Django. Itā€™s almost a dry-humour spaghetti western. Itā€™s not a comedy however. Itā€™s serious but yet it isnā€™t. The final shoot-out scene is nice. Lots of over-the-top stomach clenching deaths. Donā€™t know if it was copied from anywhere else?

i[/i] A baddie starts laughing like a madman and shoots crazy at Django with two guns. Django doesnā€™t budge and shoots him with one bullet. The baddie gets hit and, in much pain, then puts the two guns back in their holsters. Very theatrical and pretty funny! Once heā€™s done that then Django shoots him once more to kill him. :smiley:

Inside, Sartana blasts the antlers off the wall and they fall off trapping the main baddie around the neck with them. Again, pretty funny stuff! They tried that later in Fawlty Towers with Manuel and Basil. :D[/quote]

Interesting question Caldwell :slight_smile:
I have this SW On DVD In the Original Italian language, uncut and saw it months ago.

DJANGO VS SARTANA 1970 TONY KENDALL = Django GIORGIO ARDISSON= Sartana

This is a serious violent SW with occasional touches of humour, good plot of cross and
double cross with Tony Kendall impressive as Django but not in the Franco Nero league
Giorgio Ardisson an excellent SW/Giallo Actor also is pleasing as Sartana but not as
good as Gianni Garko. Director Pasquale Squitieri directs with some competent flair.

My VOTE For DJANGO VS SARTANA 1970 is 12.7 out of 20 :slight_smile:

After 20 votes the standings so far:

1. Django Il bastardo 10
  2. 10.000 dollari per un massacro 9
  3. Preparati la bara! 7
  4. Se sei vivo spara 6
  5. Lo voglio morto 4 (but deserves more since I added this movie to the poll late)
  6. Sentenza di morte, Keoma 4
  7. Una Lunga fila di croci 3
  8. Django sfida Sartana 2

Iā€™m surprised not more people voted for W Django! since I always thought this was one of the more well known Djangos.

W Django is too ordinary.

W Django 71, is a TOP Django film with Outstanding Leading man, plot, direction!!
Ordinary are things like Wild Bunch 1969 over 2 hours long and NO leading lady ???

[quote=ā€œSARTANA DJANGO, post:34, topic:925ā€]W Django 71, is a TOP Django film with Outstanding Leading man, plot, direction!!
Ordinary are things like Wild Bunch 1969 over 2 hours long and NO leading lady ???[/quote]

Great on topic commentary, great contribution, great work.

OK my Top 3 which I am going to regret in a minute is as follows:

Se sei vivo spara
Una lunga fila di croci
Sentenza di morte

But damn hard to choose and ten other Djangoā€™s could just as well have been on the list.

Hey thanks man, I appreciate it and Im glad to be here!

Jamie

My votes where:
Keoma
Sukiyaki Western Django
Django the Bastard

Whereā€™s the commection between Keoma and Django? Is there any version or dubbing, where Keoma is called Django?

[quote=ā€œDillinger, post:39, topic:925ā€]Whereā€™s the commection between Keoma and Django? Is there any version or dubbing, where Keoma is called Django?[/quote]Iā€™m not sure if Keoma was ever changed to Django in the dubbings but US title for this was Django Rides Again.