What's in your Spaghetti Queue?

One of the interesting things that frequently comes up in other topics is that a lot of fans have discs waiting to be watched. Some take a long time to get to the top of the queue. I, myself, have seen over 200 Spaghettis but I have an embarrassment of riches still awaitin’ to be viewed. Maybe this topic will help fans to lament the length of their own queues and to get a few words from other fans about which discs to move up (and quickly!)
My problem, like that of so many others, is I just don’t have so much available time.
Here’s my list, in no particular order (yikes!):
Four Dollars For Vengeance
Three Silver Dollars
Bury Them Deep
El Cisco
Ringo The Lone Rider
Hands Of A Gunfighter
Why Go On Killing?
Quintana
Law Of Violence
Return Of Shanghai Joe
Clumsy Hands
Garringo
Man Called Gringo
Ride & Kill
For $1,000 Per Day
Man From Cursed Valley
The Tramplers
On The Third Day Arrived The Crow
Death at Owl Rock
Apache Woman
Piluk, The Timid One
Go Away…Trinity Has Arrived In El Dorado
Sign Of The Coyote
Animal Called Man
Hate For Hate
Desperado
The Belle Starr Story
Life Is Tough, Eh Providence?
Macho Killers
Man Who Killed Billy The Kid
Adios, Gringo
Kill The Living And Pray For The Dead
Jonathan Of The Bears
Trinity Sees Red
Blood At Sundown
A Coffin For The Sheriff
Some Dollars For Django
Seven Dollars On The Red
Ringo: The Face Of Revenge
Arriva Sabata
Apocalypse Joe
Son Of Django
Kill Or Be Killed
The Crazy Bunch
Chapaqua’s Gold
They Call Him Veritas
Left Handed Johnny West
Scalps!
Django Kills Softly

I know you’re a Dad RF, and speaking as one myself I know it can be difficult to make time to watch a lot of spaghettis because of their content not usually being ideal for little eyes and minds.

But looking at your list I can advise you to move Providenza up to the top. that’s one you can safely watch with your young un’. Mine really enjoyed it.

Too true. I get a film then wait 2 or 3 days to watch it…then something happens half way through and I wait another couple of days to watch the end. Even just getting to watch a film the whole way through in one sitting with no interuptions is a rare pleasure.

By the way RF wot u got in the way of RFlings.

[quote=“Tigero, post:3, topic:1043”]Too true. I get a film then wait 2 or 3 days to watch it…then something happens half way through and I wait another couple of days to watch the end. Even just getting to watch a film the whole way through in one sitting with no interuptions is a rare pleasure.

By the way RF wot u got in the way of RFlings.[/quote]

I have one way-cool seven (soon to be eight) year old boy. He lives with me 25-26 days out of each month and with his Ma only 4-5 days. I do most of my watching on the weekends that he is with his Ma. So I watch in big batches when I can. I watched six this weekend. During the weekdays I can’t really get anything watched. I don’t like watching just part of a movie (that’s just me) and if I start one after he goes to bed I usually fall asleep while watching and I don’t like that. I want to give them my undivided enraptured attention. But I am perversely capable of watching Spaghetti after Spaghetti after Spaghetti after Spaghetti (almost ad infinitum)…when I get the free time.
I find it preferable to housework.
Rarely (but once in a while) I do watch a Spaghetti with my boy. Most recently: Kid, Terror Of The West.
That’s the kind of Spaghetti that just begs to be watched with a kid.
My son’s funny, he loves to look at the DVD cases of the Spaghettis I own. He tells me that Lee Van Cleef is his favorite Spaghetti western actor even though he’s never seen one of his films!
He’s a hoot and a half. Thanks for askin’

I watch my spaghettis alone and luckily I’m a night owl
But the pile of films still to watch is ever growing
What’s more: when I want to write a review, I want to watch a film at least twice and have to do some research too
All great fun to do, but time consuming
I usually watch two westerns a week, one during the weekend, one (usually) on thursday night

In queue / In line :

I want him Dead
Massacre at Grande Canyon
The Hellbenders
7 guns for the Mac Gregors
Taste of Killing
The Hills run red
Death Sentence
Trinity is still my Name
Trinity sees red
Finders Killers
The Stranger Returns
Compañeros
Navajo Joe
Seven Dollars on the red

• a lot of non-spaghettis

And the European Footbal championships coming up !

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:5, topic:1043”]I watch my spaghettis alone and luckily I’m a night owl
But the pile of films still to watch is ever growing
What’s more: when I want to write a review, I want to watch a film at least twice and have to do some research too
All great fun to do, but time consuming
I usually watch two westerns a week, one during the weekend, one (usually) on thursday night

In queue / In line :

I want him Dead
Massacre at Grande Canyon
The Hellbenders
7 guns for the Mac Gregors
Taste of Killing
The Hills run red
Death Sentence
Trinity is still my Name
Trinity sees red
Finders Killers
The Stranger Returns
Compañeros
Navajo Joe
Seven Dollars on the red

• a lot of non-spaghettis

And the European Footbal championships coming up ![/quote]

I know you must have seen most of those before. Lots of good ones. I look forward to your reviews!
Do you have the Koch Media Death Sentence? If so, you probably know it has a director’s commentary track in, of all things, English. A rare thing for a German release. And very useful to the likes of me.

I got quite a few lined up here as well. I have them categorized as urgents (those i receive as DVD from companies for example and I have to write reviews), medium (other DVDs I received) and low priority (personal DVDs in my shelf I haven’t seen yet, those are the most). All in all at least 40 films to be watched… yeehaw

Jeez, I have about 100 still to watch. But if I had to pick my immediate queue, it would probably look like this:

Blindman
Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe
Day of Anger (again, cuz it’s so good)
Return of Ringo
One Damned Day at Dawn, Django Meets Sartana
They Cal Him Holy Ghost
Bandidos

Interesting…I typically watch them as I buy them. As a relatively new fan I suppose I am watching new ones at a faster rate so I don’t have a lot in my queue.

I guess the few that I still have to watch are:

Trinity is Still My Name
Adios Sabata
Cjamango ( I only watched about half of it)

Scherp I’m surprised you haven’t gotten to Companeros at least yet? That is not a criticism at all…but it’s a hell of a good film…I’ve watched it 3 or 4 times since buying it already.

Of the top of my head and the top of the pile -
Three silver dollars
Deguello
Matalo
Blood calls to blood
Tierra Brava

and I’d like to watch …
Vengeance for vengeance
… again
Loads more of course
including…
the ‘New’ print of Bullet in the forehead

Well…I don’t know what this says about me; but, I have seen all of the SW’s I have copies of (roughly 345) and can only think of a few titles that I don’t own that I would want to see.

Reckon this means I have no life!! :smiley:

[quote=“Pacificador, post:9, topic:1043”]Interesting…I typically watch them as I buy them. As a relatively new fan I suppose I am watching new ones at a faster rate so I don’t have a lot in my queue.
(…)
Scherp I’m surprised you haven’t gotten to Companeros at least yet? That is not a criticism at all…but it’s a hell of a good film…I’ve watched it 3 or 4 times since buying it already.[/quote]

I’ve watched Compañeros some four or five times, but the last time dates from several years ago, and I noticed that I wasn’t sure anymore about some details (Romaine drew my attention to the final scene), so I put it on (or better: in) the pile
It’s one of my favourites too, although I rank the similar The Mercenary higher
I think the last ‘great’ spaghetti western I haven’t seen yet, is Cemetery without crosses

I should watch my films when I buy them too, or: I should not buy films when I still have this waitlist, but …
When i’m in Germany I always buy a few German DVDs, when I’m in Brussel or Paris I buy a few French DVDs and when I’m in Italy … etc. When I was in Glasgow last summer I was lucky: not much spaghetti overthere.
So I bought a few American westerns

My ‘pile’:

• Halleluja and Sartana strike again
  • Degueyo
  • Django’s cut price corpses
  • Dynamite Joe
  • Hate thy negihbour
  • Reason to live, reason to die
  • The big gundown (still haven’t watched it yet)
  • What am I doing in the middle of the revolution
  • Paso Bravo
  • Payment in blood

All these (except Halleluja and Sartana strike again) are files on my laptop, which is the reason I haven’t watched them yet. Normally I’d burn them to a disc and watch on my big screen tv, but my dvd player broke down and I’m too broke to buy a new one. In some way this s actually a blessing; I’m (re)discovering all types of stuff on vhs, mostly non-spaghetti’s though.

Good topic :smiley: Unfortunately for me, i’ve been getting them in much faster than i can watch them…which is why, when i do, i tend to watch 2 to 4 at a time. Some of the stuff on my list is admittedly rewatch material…generally films i saw on vhs or the tv many years ago, that now need to be viewed on dvd…but here’s a selection of the titles i have yet to view…

Two Pistols For A Coward
Some Dollars For Django
The Grand Duel
Beyond The Law
Sonny and Jed
Ringo; Face Of Revenge
Fedra West
Between God, The Devil and a Winchester
Ben and Charlie
The Moment To Kill
Viva Django
Django The Last Killer
Hate Thy Neighbour
A Minute To Pray a Second To Die
Dynamite Jim
This Man Can’t Die
Ringo’s Big Night
Yankee
El Rojo
Killer Kid
7 Dollars on The Red
Why Go On Killing
Mallory Must Not Die…

and about the same amount again…or possible more… :frowning:

[quote=“lordradish, post:8, topic:1043”]Jeez, I have about 100 still to watch. But if I had to pick my immediate queue, it would probably look like this:

Blindman
Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe
Day of Anger (again, cuz it’s so good)
Return of Ringo
One Damned Day at Dawn, Django Meets Sartana
They Cal Him Holy Ghost
Bandidos[/quote]

Hey, where did you get They Call Him Holy Ghost? And watch Return Of Ringo!!!

[quote=“Chris_Casey, post:11, topic:1043”]Well…I don’t know what this says about me; but, I have seen all of the SW’s I have copies of (roughly 345) and can only think of a few titles that I don’t own that I would want to see.

Reckon this means I have no life!! :D[/quote]

Holy smokes! I can only aspire to see as many as you! “No life”? Amigo, you’re livin’ the GOOD life!

Watch it as soon as you can and let us know what you think! As you might have noticed, it is my fav.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:13, topic:1043”]- The big gundown (still haven’t watched it yet)

All these (except Halleluja and Sartana strike again) are files on my laptop, which is the reason I haven’t watched them yet. Normally I’d burn them to a disc and watch on my big screen tv, but my dvd player broke down and I’m too broke to buy a new one. In some way this s actually a blessing; I’m (re)discovering all types of stuff on vhs, mostly non-spaghetti’s though.[/quote]

I would plunge into a deep dark depression if my player broke. Sorry to hear about yours. The Big Gundown needs to be seen on a larger screen, for sure.

[quote=“Silver, post:14, topic:1043”]Two Pistols For A Coward
Some Dollars For Django
The Grand Duel
Beyond The Law
Sonny and Jed
Ringo; Face Of Revenge
Fedra West
Between God, The Devil and a Winchester
Ben and Charlie
The Moment To Kill
Viva Django
Django The Last Killer
Hate Thy Neighbour
A Minute To Pray a Second To Die
Dynamite Jim
This Man Can’t Die
Ringo’s Big Night
Yankee
El Rojo
Killer Kid
7 Dollars on The Red
Why Go On Killing
Mallory Must Not Die…

and about the same amount again…or possible more… :([/quote]

Yankee is odd and well worth watching and Killer Kid I just watched recently and liked a lot. Fedra West is soap opera-ish with a dark finale!

my list to be watched are savage guns,blindman, the belle starr story, viva django,find a place to die,dead aim ( i know not strictly a sw)four of the apocalypse,beyond the law,china 9 liberty 37,a fistful of lead,the fighting fists of shangai joe( have seen this one before, but a while ago)man from nowhere,sundance and the kid,trinity and sartana,twice a judas, between god, the devil and a winchester and the great silence( seen before but a long time ago).hopefully will have more later.only have about 30 spaghetti westerns at the moment.

Thanks for the recommendations…i was actually looking at the cover of Fedra West a couple of nights ago…so might move this one up :wink:

Well, I’m not sure I should be giving recommendations to someone who has seen as many Spaghettis as you have.
I will say, though, that I watched Fedra West because of Norma Bengell. I thought she was really good in The Hellbenders. I don’t know if it was because of the lesser quality of the print but she did not look as good in Fedra West. The title of this film in the USA was I Do Not Forgive…I Kill. A very similar title to some other Spaghettis but, in this cae, wholly appropriate.

[quote=“Romaine Fielding, post:18, topic:1043”]Well, I’m not sure I should be giving recommendations to someone who has seen as many Spaghettis as you have.
I will say, though, that I watched Fedra West because of Norma Bengell. I thought she was really good in The Hellbenders. I don’t know if it was because of the lesser quality of the print but she did not look as good in Fedra West. The title of this film in the USA was I Do Not Forgive…I Kill. A very similar title to some other Spaghettis but, in this cae, wholly appropriate.[/quote]

Well…all suggestions are welcome/helpful :wink: Anyway, re the amount of films i’ve seen, i’m pretty much a novice compared to a lot of people here!

I buy Eurowesterns & horrors that I’m after as I come across them & sometimes it’s months before I actually get 'round to watching them - when I do I usually watch a few in a row.

This is my list of Eurowesterns that I’ve not got 'round to seeing yet:

$20,000 On No. 7
Anda muchacho, spara!
Between God, The Devil And A Winchester
Boot Hill
Fighting Fists Of Shanghai Joe, The
Find A Place To Die
Fury Of Johnny Kid
Garringo
Grand Duel, The
Gun For One Hundred Graves, A
Hellbenders, The
It Can Be Done, Amigo
Minnesota Clay
Petroleum Girls
Red Sun
Ringo, Face Of Revenge
Savage Guns
Sugar Colt
Tepepa
This Man Can’t Die AKA Long Days Of Hate
White Comanche

I will probably watch Garringo next as I have been wanting to see it for a while & have just returned from Spain where I managed to buy it. ;D
After that I’ll probably watch Fury Of Johnny Kid, The Grand Duel, A Gun For One Hundred Graves & Tepepa…
Many of the films on my list appear to be below average, but if I have any in my list that are above average please let me know so I have an idea of what to watch next…