What you do for a living/what are your hobbies?

What things?

Sometimes you sound as if you could be Mr. Koranoā€™s younger brother. And that is not a bad thing(s)! :slight_smile:

Ahemā€¦What does that mean? ;D

Maybe it is possibly the thoughts that seem to run through the mind of younger men that is somewhat evident in our demeanor.

HaHa! Yeah somewhat!
Hey guys, itā€™s ok to be and sound young. Donā€™t be in a hurry to grow up. Even us old farts were young once. Itā€™s very refreshing to have the perspective of a new generation on an almost extinct genre. You, Silence, Rififii, etc. take us, who were young when these movies were young, back in timeā€¦ almost.

As said before a good mixture of ages on the forum which is good.

agreed

I canā€™t be the only one out here with a job, can I? :slight_smile:

Maybe so! :wink:

When Iā€™m not working or watching SWs I enjoy historical fiction, camping, fishing, hunting and fine whiskies!

I also enjoy listening to and playing music and having taken the recent step in getting rid of our cable television have found that I have a lot more time for my assorted interests, as opposed to flipping around channels endlessly, never watching any one show. :slight_smile:

I took degrees in English Literature as well as Computer Science, just to keep it interesting. I think Iā€™m done with formal university education but never learning. :slight_smile:

how can you find time to drink such fine spirits?

You make the time, amigo! :wink:

I used to work for USDAW (the Union of Shop, Distributive and Allied Workers). Had to reduce my hours and then finally give it up due to my daughterā€™s problems. Kind of miss it though, the training courses used to be a hoot.

So, being at home most of the time now, when iā€™m not occupied with the kid, my other interests are films and music obviously, writing (with a group of friends, varying between solo stuff, requests and collaborationsā€¦keeps the mind working i guess). Just got a big DIY manual so iā€™ll be trying my hand at home improvements soon. Should keep me busy :smiley:

Hope your house doesnā€™t need Kim & Aggie to come over & help whip it into shape. :smiley:

LOLā€¦Christ noā€¦Itā€™s not filthy. I just want to make some shelving reallyā€¦iā€™ve run out of room for the SWā€™s!

We here in the States have houses that look like that but they are usually condemned. Try housing 3,000 LPā€™s into a 2 room spot with a girlfriend & 2 kids.

Hahā€¦Iā€™d rather not! No offense!

Someday I might part with themā€¦the LPā€™s, that is, not the family :smiley:

Tuesday night. Iā€™m off to play organized darts. Iā€™m definitely no Phil ā€˜The Powerā€™ Taylor.

AAAAAh!

One of my hobbies as well. I like the smoky one like Ardbeg.

Side by side with Earl McGraw, of course!

[quote=ā€œSilence, post:4, topic:1707ā€]I like making my own short movies (in Lego). Hereā€™s a link for my Youtube account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/budproductions117[/quote]
I just watched some of these: theyā€™re very, very good. How long does it take to make them?

As for hobbies, apart from watching movies, I like writing a lot. I write film reviews for my local monthly Parish Magazine, where I review films like Out of the Past (as the local Reverend is huge fan of Film Noirs, and especially likes The Lady from Shanghai) and Red River.