What is the origin of your pseudonym?

If anyone has to ask, they’re not looking at the avatar.

Mine is from the title of one my favorite books, Russell Hoban’s Pilgermann. Here’s a good description that I found:

It's arguable, I suppose, that you haven't really had a bad day until early one morning, fresh from an adulterous tryst with a transcendently beautiful tax-collector's wife who bears the name of wisdom, you are cornered by a Jew-hating mob in the middle of a pogrom who throw you to the cobblestones, brutally castrate you and feed your genitals to a sow. That's what happens to Pilgermann, a German Jew of the 11th century, and in the aftermath of this horrific event, he finds himself selling all of his possessions and setting off on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem, at the time of the First Crusade during the years 1096 to 1098. His traveling companions include Bruder Pförtner, an acid-tongued, priapic apparition of death; the headless corpse of the tax-collector whose wife Pilgermann slept with; and the ghost of the sow who ate his "proper parts."

It gets stranger and more fantastic from there.

Lee’s character in the great Day of Anger

1 Like

Pseudonyms are for losers … I’m the real deal 8)

Maybe so, but I still remember AvatarDK with a certain fondness ;D
Not to mention Silvanito

Shhh… Don’t ruin my cool disguise :-X

Scherp = sharp, Schutter = shooter

So Sharpshooter

Some people here call me Scherps, which is okay, but there’s a small complication

Instead of reading my name as Sharp - shooter, it is suggested it should be read as

Scharps - hooter (!)

it’s all because of alcochol and my rather unusual sense of humor :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:27, topic:193”]Scherp = sharp, Schutter = shooter

So Sharpshooter

Some people here call me Scherps, which is okay, but there’s a small complication

Instead of reading my name as Sharp - shooter, it is suggested it should be read as

Scharps - hooter (!)[/quote]

Alright, hootie :wink:

Sieglinde is a main character in Wagner’s Der Ring des Nibelungen, first evening: Die Walküre (The Valkyrie)

She’s the daughter of Wotan, twin sister and lover of Siegmund. Too bad she has a husband, Hunding, who’s an @sshole
The mother of Siegfried the Dragon Slayer.
Voice type: Dramatic soprano

I obviously take my name from Garko’s Koran character. My print calls him Koran and I prefer his name as just Koran but When I was chosing names, all the best were taken so this just came to mind.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:27, topic:193”]it is suggested it should be read as

Scharps - hooter (!)[/quote]

sounds like a new theme restaurant :o

Mine is obvious as well. In GBU, Tuco has trouble reading a note…

Tuco: '‘See you soon I…I…’'
Blondie: “idiots…it’s for you”

It’s also how I refer to myself when I do something stupid.

mine’s a combo of two favorite electronic artist(s): autechre and aphex twin

what, you couldn’t fit Orb, Orbital or Oakenfold?

bleh… i hate oakenfold

Orbital’s a long time favorite… kinda lost track of them in the last 6 years, but one of the first electronic acts i heard and an impressive live show. The Orb is alright

I came up with the moniker autephex about 11 years ago and only recently started using it again, just because i like the way it looks now

Mine is, let’s say the last true outlaw of the west. Something like that.

Mine is the name of a star constellation.

You a member of the John Dillinger Died For You Society by any chance? :smiley:

Interesting- I would of expected it to be from something ala “El Dorado” given the context…

Nope. Never heard of that…

The John Dillinger Died For You Society, run by a pseudonymous "Dr. Horace Naismith" (allegedly a Playboy editor by day and a maniac only by night), accepts as its savior John Dillinger, the gunman who robbed 23 banks and three police stations before he was shot dead by FBI agents in 1934. JDDFYS members place memorial wreaths and floral bouquets at the Biograph Theater, where Dillinger was gunned down, every year on the anniversary of his death, June 22. Their major spiritual teaching comes from Mr. Dillinger, whom they call St. John the Martyr, and consists of the words, "Lie down on the floor and keep calm," (St. John said this often to nervous and agitated bank officials before looting their tills). Every member ordained by Dr. Naismith gets a membership card making him or her an Assistant Treasurer, entitled to collect tithes from any new disciple naive enough to remain a disciple and not become an Assistant Treasurer, too, by writing to Dr. Naismith for a card.