What Film Are You Watching Tonight?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:1239, topic:372”]Hostel 2 is a lot better than 1
It’s not as gory, the build-up to the horror is much better, and there’s far better villainy (two actors from DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES play the sickos)
I’d say it’s comparable to TURISTAS, so a nice horror flick[/quote]You really think the 2nd is the better one? For me it´s a perfect example how censorship ruins a movie,the German version was so cut down (even the shooting of the boy was cut). I will definitely watch it again in the US version,hopefully it gets a little better…

I also think Part Two is better than part one. The end of the first one wasn’t bad though I think. SPOILER WARNING FOR HOSTEL PART I I just wanted revenge after all the torture in the first one and I got it. It was just very satisfying to see those chicks get hurt bad. END OF SPOILER WARNING FOR HOSTEL PART ONE. The ending of the second part wasn’t just satisfying though, it was good as well.

I’m hoping to have the opportunity to re-watch Baldi’s IL PISTOLERO DELL’AVE MARIA, this evening. And I am also hoping to watch a Hindi (daku/bandit) film called JEEVA. I love some of these old Bollywood Daku movies…they are sometimes very similar in style to Spaghetti Westerns. Fun stuff!

Yesterday I watched “The Mechanik” with Dolph Lundgren.
It’s a very good action film in eighties styl with lot’s of blood and violence.
I wish they would produce more films like this one instead of the comercial BS they make these days.

Yes, i agree. That’s exactly why i liked the new Rambo movie - it felt like the movie produced in times when action cinema was violent and non-pc.

Gonna watch Milan Calibro 9 tonite!

Classic stuff!

AGREED!!

I am finally going to get around to watching Melville’s ARMY OF SHADOWS via the Criterion DVD release.
I haven’t seen this movie in almost 20 years, so it is bound to be like seeing it for the first time, tonight!

Make sure to watch the other two movies in the trilogy also… Great stuff indeed. Enjoy amigo.

Just viewed Spasmo.

Did not like when I first viewed a few years ago, but this time round it was great!

Super score by Morricone and Suzy Kendall is just lovely.

Deadwood series, HBO

Today it´s time for war: Gonna watch Rambo IV!

We’ll go on with Twin Peaks, and it’s heaven.

4 people, and we watch between 2 and 4 episodes per evening.

Last episode was the incredible 15th, directed by Lynch himself, were Bob’s secret is revealed, and he kill’s again. One of Lynch’s best sequences, very brutish, very emotional.

Well, Season 1 is clearly the best of the two seasons. Season 2 is actually alright until episode 14-15 which you just watched. From then on it’s mostly soap opera stuff and plots leading to nothing… My opinion of course but I always felt that Season 2 was sadly a big let down… Hope you have a better experience :slight_smile:

I have more or less the same ideas

Even though I’m all but a Lynch fan I liked the first season: it was a well-told cross between soap opera, comedy and thriller
In the course of the second season the soap opera aspect gets more and more the upperhand and the storytelling becomes confused, leading absolutely nowhere.

No, no I watch it now the 3rd time.

It’s brillant up to episode 17, in which the Laura Palmer case is, well, “solved”. Thereafter it’s not as tight constructed. There are some unnecessary storylines besides the main story. It could have been a bit shorter, down to maybe about 26 or 28 episodes instead of 30, but overall I like it as a whole. And it has a great ending.

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:1255, topic:372”]I have more or less the same ideas

Even though I’m all but a Lynch fan I liked the first season: it was a well-told cross between soap opera, comedy and thriller
In the course of the second season the soap opera aspect gets more and more the upperhand and the storytelling becomes confused, leading absolutely nowhere.[/quote]

But the 1st season are only 8 episodes, including the pilot.

It could have ended after #17, but it also could have gone elasewhere after #30.

You think so? I thought it looked a bit like Lynch trying to include as many cliff-hangers as humanly possible making the crowd scream for more and thereby gaining a third season. I like the weirdness of the last couple of episodes (am a great Lynch ‘fan’) but should have been introduced much sooner and coming as it did in the end just feels, well, weird.

Like the movie Twin Pekas: Fire Walk With Me much better. Got lousy reviews as far as I remember but it is an excellent very hard movie… People looking for the humour so apparent in the Twin Peaks-series will get a kick in the face by that one… Definitely recommended.

Gonna try to watch Death Rides a Horse today. Don’t know if I’ve got time though since I’m celebrating my nineteenth birthday tomorrow and lots of cooking has still to be done.

It’s the best series ever. The second half of the second season never comes near the brilliance of the first season and the beginning of the second season. The final episode is one of the best, if not the best, in the entire series though…

When I watched this for the first time(after watching all the previous episodes from the first season) I just made me cry.

Happy birthday Earl! My son turns 19 in May.