What Film Are You Watching Tonight?

The Lord of the Rings trilogy (I’ve never seen them).

1 Like

If it’s the extended edition prepare to be up until dawn the next day it’s like 12 hrs.

About time…

1 Like

Sticking with the theatricals. I’m onto The Two Towers.

I’ve been in a mainstream kind of mood lately :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I just put on A Stranger in Town to have on while I browse SWDb and other sites. I’ve seen it about 100 times. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Watching The Hellbenders tonight. I don’t quite think I’ll upgrade from my anchor bay dvd to the new kino blu-ray. :thinking:

St. Patrick’s Day, and that means breaking the seal on the freshly delivered Eureka release of Fistful of Dynamite!

3 Likes

An Eye for an Eye

Hoping to watch this

The Yellow Mountain… the first couple of minutes are interesting enough… BluRay from Explosive Media

The wild and the dirty aka Johnny Hamlet. Wild east DVD double feature with Chaco.

1 Like

I am watching the Kino blu-ray theatrical cut of GBU. I can see what everyone was talking about with it looking faded and the terrible lack of black levels. So now I’ve got 3 different blu-rays of GBU and none of them really look good. lol

2 Likes

I’ve been sticking with the fandubbed version of the Italian Mondo blu ray release until someone does a proper English release

1 Like

Got out the theatrical Grindhouse bluray for Planet Terror / Deathproof tonight. Although the fake grainy fx are kinda obnoxious, its a lot of fun to watch the films presented with the fake trailers & everything, especially with a bottle of whisky on hand

1 Like

Next up tonight, finally taking the shrink off my Django Kill blu ray and popping it in

2 Likes

‘RITUAL’.

After receiving a distressed phone call, a man arrives at a seedy highway motel to find that his estranged wife has killed a stranger who is connected to a dangerous cult.

Second time I’ve seen it, and I found it just as disturbing as the first.

The plot is simple, but I found that the music added to the suspense.
A cheap film…but very effective.

I’ve been meaning to check out Ritual but haven’t gotten to it yet

I just started Alex Cox’s Tombstone Rashomon (2017), didn’t make it 10 minutes before shutting it down

1 Like

I’ve not seen ‘Tombstone Rashomon’, but have just watched a trailer for it on You tube.

Why didn’t you like it?

The main thing that turned me off was the whole premise & “documentary” format - it just seemed really bad. I can tolerate bad acting and low production value, but bad acting doesn’t work in a fake documentary. I’ve enjoyed other more recent Cox films and I was hoping this would be another of his weird westerns… but it just looked like a bad fake documentary, and I don’t have any desire to watch one of those. Maybe I’ll give it another shot some day

1 Like

If I have time, West of Hell (2018) - a horror western starring Tony Todd (Candyman) and Lance Henriksen - love both of these guys. It will be cool to see Todd playing lead in a horror western, I hope it doesn’t suck

The few reviews are real bad. We’ll see

After seeing a photo of the director on IMDB, I’m not feeling too confident about this… guy looks like a kid

1 Like