What Film Are You Watching Tonight?

Yikes

The Suspiria remake. Just looking at the runtime I know itā€™s going to be a total bore.

1 Like

Trying to decide between my Blu Rays of Black Jack or Oggi a Meā€¦Domani a Te!, or my DVDs of La Morte non Conta di Dollari or Sonora for my viewing either tonight, Friday, or Saturday. I plan to write about all of them in my blog at some point.

Iā€™m considering Antonio Marghrettis THE LAST HUNTER, havenā€™t seen it in 8 years or something. Donā€™t even remember if I liked it. Any fans of it here?

Watched it for the first time a few months ago ā€¦ itā€™s not exactly good, in the traditional sense of the word, but it is oddly compelling - Got through it all in one sitting ā€¦ thereā€™s enough low budget thrills and spills to keep it moving along. :smiley:

In the ā€œreal worldā€, it would get a 3/10 ā€¦ but with itā€™s SW connections, to a genre fan, itā€™s worth 6/10.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t get myself time to watch it, but will try again tomorrow. Thanks! Itā€™s whorth a rewatch.

Josey Wales!

Definitely my favourite US Clint Western.

3 Likes

I quite liked it, too, but I tend to like everything Marghertti made. I remember it being a sort of Apocalypse Now meets The Deer Hunter. Obviously not quite in the same league as those films. :wink:

Silverado. Yes. I feel it. Itā€™s going to change my life.

Watched it a couple of days ago. I made a few minor changes to a review i wrote about ten years ago, will have another look at it tomorrow morning and will then load it up on my Blog

Could that place be ā€¦ Silverado ??

Very good, looking forward to read it. (I was actually preparing for the watch for a few days. This film canā€™t be taken lightly.)

The Irishman

An hour in, and the CGI faces havenā€™t been too distracting so far.

Been spending this week watching Sergei Bondarchukā€™s Voyna i Mir (War and Peace), amazing and beautiful film.

The source novel isnā€™t bad either :wink:

1 Like

Yes, one can recognize good books by their possibilities to serve as a filmā€™s source ā€¦

1 Like

Update: This film became a chore. Like @aldo said, it seemed like a parody of a Scorsese film at times.

Thought Iā€™d mention, this week I re-watched Taxi Driver which is just in a different league from ā€˜ā€˜The Irishmanā€™ā€™ and how refreshing to see De Niro giving 100% - His performance and the entire movie feel really fresh and vital, a stark contrast to what is on offer these days ā€¦ most of us here respect Scorsese as one the greats but you canā€™t make excuses or pardon a long boring film even when itā€™s by Marty and the dream team.

2 Likes

Itā€™s basically The Expendables: Italian Edition.

Aldo, youā€™re an Irishman, so whereā€™s the movie about you??

2 Likes

Still in pre-production! LOL

1 Like

Only a few more hours to go then :slight_smile: