What Film Are You Watching Tonight?

Picked up a 1970s piece of witchcrafty-nonsense for a quid and a half from a charity shop today - which I’m watching now - Blood Sabbath - seems entertaining enough. Hippy/coven stuff with lots of full-bush shenanigans so far, so may give it a chance and crack another bottle… will post in the horror thread if we both last the course. :slight_smile:

Blood Sabbath - gonna pay more attention now - was typing away on the forum, looked up and thought I was in spaghetti-land!
Clinty-ponchos, mexi-spag music and senoritas… it’s looking good. The beer is cracked :slight_smile:

Austin Powers Goldmember

Halfway through the third season of Boardwalk Empire, and we’re abandoning it. I’d have happily abandoned it earlier but mrs.caress wanted to persist, but she’s bored with it now so we’re out. As a result we’re going to start in on The Walking Dead. I’ve got the first three seasons on blu-ray and I’ve seen the first season but it was so long ago that I can’t remember much of it and mrs.caress hasn’t seen it at all so we’re starting again from scratch. That’ll start tomorrow though, I’d imagine. Tonight, we’re watching the conclusion of The Widower, a 3-part miniseries airing in Britain presently, based on the real-life case of Malcolm Webster[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Webster_(murderer)[/url], who was convicted in 2011 of murdering his first wife and attempting to murder his second. Following that, we’ll be watching Rear Window (Hitchcock, 1954); we started watching it last night in bed but fell asleep.

A Man on His Knees (1980) Un uomo in ginocchio

This is one Giuliano Gemma film that i’ve not seen before.

Watching the rest of OUATITW…after watching half of it last night. I’ve already seen it half a dozen times before, but it always seems fresh and new each time. Thinking I might have to move this one to the #1 position in my “top 20” SW’s list. IMHO it clearly is Leone’s masterpiece.

A Day at The Beach.

A man goes on a trip to the seaside with his daughter on a very rainy day. He loves his daughter but loves his beer even more. He has a different view on life to most, which is made worse by his drinking. And as he and his daughter meet a varied assortment of characters, is what makes this film a very interesting watch.

I don’t know if I’ll be watching them tonight exactly (we’re three episodes into season four of The Walking Dead and I daresay we’ll get the remaining 13 episodes out of the way first) but I downloaded a couple of horrors that are supposed to be worth a look:

The Borderlands (Elliot Goldner, 2013)

“A team of Vatican investigators is sent to the British West Country following reports of paranormal activity at a remote church. As the team begins to doubt its judgement, events take a darker turn, and it seems that something deeply sinister has been awakened.”

Banshee Chapter (Blair Erickson, 2013)

“H.P. Lovecraft’s From Beyond gets a 21st century revamp in Blair Erickson’s solid first feature. When a journalist investigates the disappearance of a friend, she discovers a drug that puts users in contact with malevolent entities from another dimension.”

[quote=“last.caress, post:7948, topic:372”]I don’t know if I’ll be watching them tonight exactly (we’re three episodes into season four of The Walking Dead and I daresay we’ll get the remaining 13 episodes out of the way first) but I downloaded a couple of horrors that are supposed to be worth a look:

The Borderlands (Elliot Goldner, 2013)

“A team of Vatican investigators is sent to the British West Country following reports of paranormal activity at a remote church. As the team begins to doubt its judgement, events take a darker turn, and it seems that something deeply sinister has been awakened.”[/quote]

Looks like the action takes place in a building in the form of a tesseract or hyper cube, the four dimensional equivalent of a cube.
I remember a novel or a story by Robert Heinlein about a Tesseract and Dali has used the idea in one of his painting, representing it very much like this DVD cover.

I’m not interested in paranormal activity, but in this case the setting might be of interest.

Here’s Dali’s painting [size=12pt]“Corpus Hypercubus”[/size]

Nah, turns out that was just a stylistic choice by the people employed to design the poster or the DVD cover or whatever. The movie’s got a bit of an old Hammer feel to it, really. Slow, but good.

I’m viewing Marketa Lazarova (1967) by Frantisek Vlácil tonight.

A Breed Apart.

A man is hired to get some rare bird eggs from a high point on an island. One problem however, the island has a protector for the birds. Good cast in this one, and although the film is not great I sort of have a soft spot for it. The obsession of the collector intrigues me and way the two main characters change.

Our “bedtime” film tonight will almost certainly be Saw III (Bousman, 2006). We watched Saw and Saw II the last couple of nights. I’ve never actually seen the final three movies in the franchise even though I’ve owned them all more-or-less since they came out. I’ve been waiting for mrs.caress to catch up (she’d never seen any of them). I always thought that the first one was a terrific concept somewhat bungled by awful over-kinetic camerawork and some of the worst acting I’d ever seen from a picture of that size. But I always rather liked parts II and III. I can barely remember Saw IV, I think I’ve only ever seen it once.

Because I love it so much, I’m having a night in with some pork scratchings and watching The Squeeze with Edward Fox, Stacy Keach and Stephen “Sideburns” Boyd.

One of Keach’s best roles in my view.

He does a pretty good British accent.

Yes. He plays the part of a drunk pretty good.

Viewed a documentary on Amicus films tonight. Interesting look back on some of these excellent horror films, with often oustanding casts. Always liked most of their output myself, as they were a nice change from the Hammer films.

Tonight I think I’m going to go for either Juan of the Dead (Brugués, 2011), Kick-Ass 2 (Wadlow, 2013) or Hostel part III (Spiegel, 2011), all movies I’ve owned for a long time now but thus far haven’t gotten around to seeing.

Hostel part 3 compared to the other two films is very poor in my view.