What do you think about Gianni Garko and George Hilton and their movies?

[quote=“stanton, post:60, topic:233”]Tell me when you got them. Maybe we can make a trade.

My Sandoval DVD is 90 min, but I can get a copy from a greek version with 98 min (102 if it’s Pal in Greece).

I also asked for A Minute to Pray … . Mine are 94 min (german) and 98 min (US), both contain different scenes.[/quote]

According to IMDB A Minute to pray … is 118 mns, but I don’t know what this info is worth; the longer version has an ‘end after the end’; bounty hunters lie in ambush outside the town and … well, the film is sometimes called a companion piece to The Great Silence; like in that movie - and our rev’s El Puro - the protagonist has a disability, in this case paralytic seizures. I don’t think it will be as good as Corbucci’s masterpiece, but it gets 3 stars in Leonard Maltin’s Movie&Video Guide, which is defenitely something to write home about.

There are different versions of Sandoval; you can read about cuts that are made in some versions on Sundance’s net.
I have no idea what versions I have ordered; it was cheap, I have never seen the movie and Borgnine is in it, so …

As I said, tell me when you got them.

A minute to pray… is different from TGS, but the original end is like the El puro one. We talked about this elsewhere.

I have already a list with the Sandoval cut scenes.

without sartana series garko he’s not so special

he has played in some pretty good films like blood at sundown. don’t underestimate him he was a good actor

the directors made the actors

I think Garko can do no wrong, really.

But only really liked a few of Hiltons performances (prefer his non comedy roles).

I like both of these guys; but, I have to admit that I like Garko the best of the two.

My favorite Garko films are:

$10,000 BLOOD MONEY (10.000 Dollari per un Massacro)
IF YOU MEET SARTANA…PRAY FOR YOUR DEATH
$1,000 ON THE BLACK (BLOOD AT SUNDOWN)
THEY CALL HIM CEMETERY

–then the rest of the Sartana movies, of course.

My favorite Hilton films are:

LAST OF THE BADMEN
MASSACRE TIME
A BULLET FOR SANDOVAL
THE MOMENT TO KILL
RED BLOOD YELLOW GOLD

i’ve seen films with a good plot and a good director looking awful because of the bad performances of the actors