What do you consider the most over the top death scene in a sw?

By that i mean the most overblown overacted or most ridiculous scene. my choice is the hilarous scene when robert woods throws a rock at the villain in “Savage Guns”.

Maybe Anthony Dawson’s in Death Rides a Horse. Apparently he was very good at overly dramatic death scenes. Maybe Tomas Milian’s in Death Sentence.

We should add a spoiler warning in this thread.

There was one I watched recently where the guy is shot and he falls to the ground and starts rolling many times till he finally reaches the feet of the guy that shot him… it makes absolutely no sense as to why he would be rolling on the ground towards the guy like that, and he rolls so far… its completely ridiculous

its actually the only thing I can remember about the film and I can’t even remember what the film was ???

[quote=“autephex, post:4, topic:1686”]There was one I watched recently where the guy is shot and he falls to the ground and starts rolling many times till he finally reaches the feet of the guy that shot him… it makes absolutely no sense as to why he would be rolling on the ground towards the guy like that, and he rolls so far… its completely ridiculous

its actually the only thing I can remember about the film and I can’t even remember what the film was ???[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA maybe he was going down hill.
I remember at the beginnning of Garringo, Peter Lee Lawrence’s father has a similar rolling death.

Good call Korano, I used to press my remote and watch that death scene over and over again.

Although I like the scene (and love the film) I always thought the knife in the forehead in The Big Gundown is a bit … over the top

Joseph Cotton in Hellbenders anyone?

SPOILERS

The general in SCALPS gets a few arrows and bullets in him then gets his scalp cut off.

And VENGEANCE the guy getting the spurs in his neck

Vengeance is full of great death scenes. Especially Claudio Camaso’s.

Dan Vadis at the end of DeGuello is pretty OTT

The most ridiculous, irrational, and over the top death scenes I can remember is Mario Brega’s death in El Puro. After his brother is killed, he goes into a rage, charging and screaming and shooting at El Puro, who is seated in a chair and pretty much a sitting duck for any intelligent gunfighter. Apparently Brega isn’t intelligent because despite running towards El Puro and getting closer and closer, none of his shots hit their target of course, because Brega is in such a rage he ACTUALLY neglects to AIM his weapon before firing. Puro is just seated there and coolly shoots Brega dead. I couldn’t beleive my eyes when I saw this scene.

Federico Boido in The Fighting Fists of Shanghai Joe.

Federico Boido in Vendetta at Dawn

is not bad either … but I gotta go with silver here …

… that one is brilliant 8)!

Whistler’s death in Death played the Flute. It just goes on and on on.

Woody Strode really goes for it in Keoma.

Woody is even better in Chuck Mool!

This death scene is stunning. Thanks Starblack for reminding me of Woody! :slight_smile:

Maybe George Martin’s in Return of Ringo. Loyd Battiista’s in Get mean. OOHH OOHH. That German guy in Duck You Sucker is probably the most over the top.

Haha, this is a good post. I can’t remember if it’s Demofilo Fidani or Luigi Batzella film, but every rolls after they get shot… and I mean they excessively roll for no reason.

Also, if I remember correctly, how about “Hunt Powers” in Dead Men Don’t Make shadows? If I remember correctly, doesn’t he get shot in the head, conveniently places himself into the coffin of money, and even says some words? Haha… If only I was 100% certain - sounds like I’ll have to watch it again :slight_smile:

SPOILER WARNING
Death of the main characters in Brothers Blue - they just keep on rolling for no apparent reason

I found Brothers Blue a bit of a dud all round.