What book are you reading tonight?

Kafka’s The Castle. Wonderful, pretty demanding (just like everything by Kafka). Love the atmosphere, I even prefer it to The Trial.

I started Kafka’s The Trial years ago but got interrupted and never managed to “get in the groove” and restart it. I ought to one of these days, after I’m done with my new Otto Preminger biography, The World and its Double.

Read it. While The Castle is always fascinating (I’m about in the middle of the book), I’d say The Trial is a bit uneven and has its stronger and weaker moments (on the whole it’s still great though). The ending was fabulously sinister - it almost gave me creeps :).

A (so far) great selection of obviously awesome stories. Features Clark Ashton Smith, Robert E. Howard, Frank Belknap Long, August Derleth & of curse, Lovecraft.

Thats a great cover !

Yes it is! The paperback has a cool cover as well…and a good price!

@ I…I…Idiot

Have you read Alan Moore’s excellent Lovecraft reworking Neonomicon?

Just read S.C. Gwynne’s Empire of the Summer Moon. Great book regarding the plight of the Comanches and their last great warring chief - Quanah Parker.

[quote=“Stanton, post:447, topic:1204”]@ I…I…Idiot

Have you read Alan Moore’s excellent Lovecraft reworking Neonomicon?[/quote]

No, not yet anyways. Graphic Novel style, I see.

That look’s quite far away from Will Smith… ::slight_smile:

Uh, yeah. What an abomination that was.

Well I sort of enjoyed the first half of the film; Will isn’t much of an actor, but when he’s doing his “thang” he can be quite fun. It’s a shame that the plot interfered in the lattter half of the movie… Although, overall, I doubt it is as good as the book.

Suspect by Robert Crais

Journey to Utah by Frank Roderus

Offbeat - A book about British cinema.

@ I… I… Idiot:

That’s a brilliant cover - is that the edition you have? I haven’t read the book, but I consider the Hammer film adaptation one of the finest horror films ever made (even if it isn’t really that scary).

Just finished Legionnaire by Simon Murray. I had read it years ago and got the urge to pick it up again. Great book with a lot of anecdotes about service in the French Foreign Legion in the sixties.