What "Bad" movies or guilty pleasure movies do you like?

I really enjoy the thread on Great movies that people dislike so let’s turn it around and see what people like that are deemed “bad” or worse…

I’ll start.

The Black Hole - I really enjoy this movie a lot. I got the dvd for Christmas last year after not seeing it for close to 30 years. It’s definitely not a realistic sci-fi movie but it has some real great FX and Schell is absolutely insane in it. Also it’s the only Disney movie I own (I don’t care for Disney at all).

1 Like

For me, one is American Ninja. The music is horrible, the story is silly. Michael Dudikoff’s acting is as bad as his martial arts…but i love that film :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For me it’s THE SOUND OF MUSIC

I’ve seen it last Christmas for the 6th or 7th time and enjoyed it a lot

It makes me feel good, the music makes me feel good, the children make me feel good …

And the scenery isn’t bad either

Is The Sound of Music really considered to be bad? I’ve never seen the movie just stage productions.

Armed Response by Fred Olen Ray.

Van Cleef looks a little to old for this sort of stuff and David Carradine is on tacky acting mode…but I think it is one of the better Fred Olen Ray films :).

1 Like

Where do I start? haha.

1. All of the Hulk Hogan movies I love: Suburban Commando, Mr. Nanny, No Holds Barred, Santa with Muscles are my favorites.

2. King Ralph, funny comedy with John Goodman about an american slob who becomes King of England.

3. Sho Kosugi’s Ninja movies

4. Alien vs. Predator. The first one was good, but the second one AVP Requiem stunk.

5. Lou Ferrigno in Hercules (1983) what a riot! William Berger and Garko are in this one!

6. Arnold the governator in his first movie Hercules goes Bananas/Hercules in NY.

7. The Halloween series. The first was a classic but the sequels are considered shitty. I still like to watch the sequels though.

8. Pumpkinhead series

Some of these movies I think are underrated, but in most cases I think these movies are every bit as bad as the critics say they are, which doesn’t mean that they aren’t delightful to watch. To me these movies are like eating junk food, you won’t grow any brain cells and it may even shorten your life, but hell…a world without “Suburban Commando” is not a world I would want to live in.

I rather watch Hulk Hogan in “Mr Nanny” than the Godfather or most other Oscar winners.

1 Like

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:3, topic:949”]For me it’s THE SOUND OF MUSIC

I’ve seen it last Christmas for the 6th or 7th time and enjoyed it a lot

It makes me feel good, the music makes me feel good, the children make me feel good …

And the scenery isn’t bad either[/quote]

But isn’t this considered to be a classic? I think you should post this in the other thread.

I thought of it more as a ‘guilty pleasure’

ok cool. I don’t have an issue with that.

These Movies are considered by others as bad (not by my):
Fulci’s House at the cementary (and other Horror Flicks from him)
John Carpenter’s Christine
John Landis Version of Oscar (1991) (but Ornella Muti is in it!)
Fixing the Shadow
I’m afraid this list will never end … :slight_smile:

The House By the Cemetery is great stuff :).

I love Carpenter’s Christine as well! Great fun movie.

Fulci’s House by the Cemetery is great too.

I know and a good Music Score from Walter Rizzati too! :slight_smile:

Oh for sure :).

This is a threat I can’t contribute to.

If a film is entertaining, it ain’t a bad film, can’t be.

It’s that easy for me. If a film is entertaining it’s a good film, if not it’s bad.

A pleasure is a pleasure, I never feel guilty for being entertained.

I love blaxploitation flicks. Three the Hard Way, Black Belt Jones, Shaft in Africa… yeeeeah boy!

what about Rudy Ray Moore? Dolemite and The Human Tornado are two classics in craptastic cinema.

[quote=“stanton, post:15, topic:949”]This is a threat I can’t contribute to.

If a film is entertaining, it ain’t a bad film, can’t be.

It’s that easy for me. If a film is entertaining it’s a good film, if not it’s bad.

A pleasure is a pleasure, I never feel guilty for being entertained.[/quote]

I totally get your point and agree with you. However, I view bad movies like I view Junk food. Taste better than healthy food but still bad for you.

Ahhh I see.

Oh, yeah, Rudy Ray Moore. I can handle him in small doses. Ever seen Disco Godfather w/ RRM? Don’t.

But seriously, you can’ t beat Black Belt Jones and Three the Hard Way for over the top silliness that tries to be serious. A few Blaxploitations are actually quite good, such as The Mack. But most are just trash. Great trash, that is. And it’s all about the music for me anyways. A lot of my bass playing style fits right into that style.