What Are Your Top Ten Favourite Animations?

1. Princess Mononoke
  2. Toy Story
  3. Pinocchio
  4. Monsters, Inc.
  5. Toy Story 2
  6. Xiao Qian
  7. A Grand Day Out with Wallace and Gromit
  8. My Neighbour Totoro
  9. The Lion King
  10. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

lets see here…

The Jungle Book
Akira
The Land Before Time
Lady and the Tramp
The Incredibles
Ratatouille
All Dogs Go to Heaven (Don Bluth is awesome)
Finding Nemo
Bambi
Fantasia

great thread as I love animated movies…

1. Heavy Metal
  2. Rock and Rule
  3. Felix The Cat
  4. Hellboy: Sword of Storms
  5. Wizards
  6. South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
  7. Fire And Ice
  8. Hellboy: Blood and Iron
  9. 9 Lives of Felix The Cat
  10. Team America: World Police

The Plague Dogs
American Pop
Mind Game
Watership Down
Golgo 13
Ninja Scroll
Wicked City
Coonskin
Spirited Away
The Lion King

All Studio Ghibli films and apart from them, in no parcticular order…

Animal Farm
Toy Story 2
Wall-E
The Incredibles
101 Dalmatians
Fantasia
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Shrek
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Les Triplettes de Belleville

Nightmare Before Christmas
Ninja Scroll
The Hobbit
Happy Feet
Finding Nemo
Coraline
Riki Tiki Tavi
Vincent
Yellow Submarine
Kung Fu Panda

THE SIMPSONS MOVIE
BAMBI
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS
WALLACE & GROMIT:CURSE OF THE WERE RABBIT
SHREK 3
ICE AGE 3
TOY STORY
OVER THE HEDGE
ROBOTS
GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER

I don’t know if I can come up with 10…

But my faves are Monster and Cowboy Bebop - I think they are a work of art.

Finding Nemo, Bambi, Kung Fu Panda, great stuff.

The Last Unicorn
The Twelve Tasks of Asterix
Asterix in Britain :wink:
Shrek
Ratatouille
Werner
Ice Age
Chicken Run
Robin Hood
Alice in Wonderland (Happy Unbirthday 8) )

The Point (1971) ain’t got a mention yet. This is an odd one that’d be in my top 10 (if I could be bothered to do one). I recently got it on dvd after not having seen it since I was a kid. The animation is in that trippy psychedelic vibe that probably hasn’t stood the test of time, but it’s quasi-philosophical story is humourously done. Oblio (who is born the only roundhead in the Land of Point) and his dog, Arrow, are banned to the pointless forest after the evil count’s son sets him up (bastard). Here he meets alsorts of psychos including the Pointed man (who has so many points at once, he’s pointless). Absolutely deep and meaningless of course - and narrated by Ringo Starr - and the songs (plenty of ‘em) sung by Nilsson, which is great if yer like him - an’ I do in this.

Here’s the bit where Oblio gets his first glimpse of nakidity (don’t look silence) … (mind you, there’re up I…I’s street, cos their bums certainly look big in this! ;))

Wow… This looks… Strange…

I never thought about a Top 10 for this. I own and still watch all of these (with or without DB Jr!)

The Hobbit
The Last Unicorn
Watership Down
101 Dalmations
Vampire Hunter D
Howl’s Moving Castle
Forbidden Planet
Spirited Away
Secret NIMH
Old school Scooby Do- the fave “Saturday morning as a child” 'toon. :slight_smile:

I’m not that into animated films, but three of my faves are Vincent, The Lord Of The Rings & The Tell-Tale Heart (1953).

Beavis and Butthead Do America
The Castle of Cagliostro
The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie
The Fairly OddParents in: Abra Catastrophe!
Spirited Away

To hell with all that modern animation crap. It’s all the same, it looks like shit and the plots are horrible. How are you gonna make a cartoon about a vacume cleaner (or something like that) on Mars? And people actually like that. It’s really beyond me.
A couple of weeks ago I saw 5 minutes of Cars. Holy crap…
Unfortunately, as my girlfriend enjoys those shitty animation films, I’ve seen way too much of 'em. Most recent horrendous experience: Madagascar part 2. Almost makes you wanna poke out your own eyes.

None. Do not watch animations.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:15, topic:2016”]To hell with all that modern animation crap. It’s all the same, it looks like shit and the plots are horrible. How are you gonna make a cartoon about a vacume cleaner (or something like that) on Mars? And people actually like that. It’s really beyond me.
Unfortunately, as my girlfriend enjoys those shitty animation films, I’ve seen way too much of 'em. Most recent horrendous experience: Madagascar part 2. Almost makes you wanna poke out your own eyes.[/quote]

I’d agree re Madagascar 2 and its ilk but the first half of Wall:E (vaccuum cleaner on mars…or something like that) was superb. Transcends kids cartoon and becomes very well made film that is animated. Unfortunately, the second half wasn’t as good but the film as a whole was still worth seeing imo.

[quote=“Reverend Danite, post:12, topic:2016”]- YouTube
- YouTube
Only in the seventies!

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:15, topic:2016”]To hell with all that modern animation crap. It’s all the same, it looks like shit and the plots are horrible. How are you gonna make a cartoon about a vacume cleaner (or something like that) on Mars? And people actually like that. It’s really beyond me.
Unfortunately, as my girlfriend enjoys those shitty animation films, I’ve seen way too much of 'em. Most recent horrendous experience: Madagascar part 2. Almost makes you wanna poke out your own eyes.[/quote]
“Cars” was terrible and I’ll take your word for it about “Madsgascar 2”, but on the whole (especially Japanese and Pixar ones) they are really good.

Flight of Dragons (THE BEST!!!)
Spirited Away
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
Lord of the Rings
Fantastic Planet
Yellow submarine
Heavy Metal
Beauty and the Beast
Lion King
Fantasia

I don’t watch that much animated movies. I love tv-series like Simpsons, Ren & Stimpy, Freakazoid and others. I think the 20-30 min episodes are perfect for animation and the movie versions of popular animations are usually very average and boring. Old short Disney cartoons are the best animations ever made of course.

If we are talking old short ones my money would be on the original Tom and Jerry cartoons. Some of those are perfect for their type.