What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

Got right into them only a couple of years ago. They’re like two bands of the price of one: The UK blues combo from the sixties, and the transatlantic So-Cal pop-rockers from the mid-70s onwards. I love Rumours, I think it deserves every plaudit it ever received. The albums either side of that one were pretty fantastic, too. Lyndsey Buckingham is a brilliant vocalist and an even better guitarist.

My favourites:

2 Likes

I am walking my statement back a bit, I know so little about Fleetwood Mac it seems. They’re like multiple bands. Early stuff is blues rock, 80s stuff is like weird synth crap… so weird. I’m down with the 60s hippie/rock/blues stuff, pass on the rest :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s hard to believe, but Kim Gordon turned 71 three days ago.

3 Likes

2 Likes

france bleu pays de savoie… no music, just a radio…

This edit popped into my head while I was practicing my part of our group presentation (transcreation and fake Djangos) and now the song is stuck in my head

Song is Homage by Mild High Club

2 Likes

WHY HAVEN’T I FOUND THIS SONG EARLIER??? It’s a banger and it’s mfcking Maurizio Graf :heart: (+Francesco de Masi). I haven’t seen the film yet, but I’ll definitely try to watch it soon.

6 Likes

Great film to go with it too. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it when you get round to it - plus it got a German blu ray last year.

1 Like

Yes, definitely watch it. Some call the camerawork gimmicky. I love it and call it playful and creative.

1 Like

Ave Maria by Franz Schubert, sung by American soprano Barbara Bonney.

Uhh, really, yes, hard to believe …

Like Frayling said, “horse opera was a term given to Hollywood westerns, however it took the land of Puccini to show what the term really means”.

1 Like

“Navajo Joe” soundtracks the full album

1 Like

Tschüs, Steve Albini …

Yes, a very astute observation from Sir Christopher.

The Spotnicks Playlist from my player… (swedish music band from '60s)

I watched ‘The Lost Boys’ (1987) at the weekend, as part of my horror evening, so I’m now listening to the soundtrack. I especially love ‘People are Strange’, sung by Echo and the Bunnymen, which perfectly matches the mood of this superb vampire movie.

1 Like