What Are You Listening to at the Moment?

https://youtu.be/o8mGE-m3ZlU?si=_eS09zmRQ_eYS2LB

This is Kirje by Janne Hurme. If you’re not interested, then PLEASE just at least listen to the part between 3:10–3:45. You’ll hear something very familiar, I promise that you won’t be disappointed :wink:

Interesting little sample used there. Seems out of place with the rest of the song yet strangely fits well

1 Like

I’m listening to a great old school song “Wrong 'Em Boyo” by the reggae/ska group, The Rulers. It was later covered by The Clash.

2 Likes

APAngryPiggy feat. Dawko - Let Me Out

OH, LET ME OUT
STRAPPED TO THE SYSTEM
SWITCHING PLACES WITH THE VICTIM
NOW I’M FORCING YOU TO LISTEN
YEAH, NEVER DOUBT
I’M THE REAL MONSTER
COULDN’T IT BE CLEARER?
LIKE I’M STARING BACK FROM A MIRROR :speaking_head: :speaking_head: :speaking_head:

1 Like

I’m listening to Ennio Morricone’s beautiful soundtrack to ‘Guns For San Sebastian’, in preparation for watching the film on Bluray tonight.

2 Likes

Picked up the new repress for the soundtrack of De Palma’s Phantom of the Paradise - one of my favourite films of all time.

1 Like

With the under appreciated Paul Williams. Not only was he heavily involved in this film, but was also Little Enos Burdette in the legendary Smokey and the Bandit, and wrote Kermit the Frog’s “The Rainbow Connection” in addition to numerous other Pop hits here in the U.S.

A unique choice on your part but I can dig it! :laughing:

2 Likes

Hadn’t heard this song for a while. It’s a throwback song, honestly. 15-year-old me felt so edgy especially during the part where he sings:
She cries her life is like
Some movie, black and white
Dead actors faking lines
Over and over and over again she cries

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I saw them back in the late 90s (?). They were opening for someone but for the life of me I can’t remember who it was! :laughing:

1 Like

Listening to a forgotten group called ‘The Grave Robbers’…I really dig their music… :grin:

2 Likes

I associate this song with him:

3 Likes

Ennio Morricone & Peter Tevis are a god-tier duo :fire:

• I always think of Morricone when I see this gif
    piano-piano-on-fire
2 Likes

‘Beers to You’

I love this song…please enjoy it any which way you can, amigos…

Ebony and Ivory…Two legends side by side on the keyboard…

2 Likes

(Re)discovering Fleetwood Mac for myself, at least a bit. Any fans here?

3 Likes

I was obsessed with Fleetwood Mac last year :sweat_smile: My favorite songs by them are Sisters of the Moon, Sands of Time and Seven Wonders

2 Likes
3 Likes

Welcome to the ‘SWDB’, Sombrero…I hope you find lots to enjoy on here. :cowboy_hat_face:

By the way, I like the music video you posted…you can’t go wrong with a classic Ennio Morricone theme.

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome to the site!

Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face: