Westerns Unchained

Hm, the BluRay of Tepepa says Region B. I think it’s locked.

Here ist the review btw: Tepepa BluRay Rezension - The Spaghetti Western Database

This thread was only about this Blu Ray

I drew too fast :wink:

Does this always happen everytime a Tarantino film comes out?

When Kill Bill came out, were there a bunch of budget DVDs of Lady Snowblood and other Female Samurai films coming out with with “The films that inspired Kill Bill”?

Or when Jackie Brown came out were there a bunch budget box sets of old Pam Grier movies that said “The movies that inspired Jackie Brown”?

Or when Inglorious Basterds came out were there a bunch of dirty dozen knockoff war movies coming out on budget boxsets claiming to be an inspiration?

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:44, topic:3107”]Does this always happen everytime a Tarantino film comes out?

When Kill Bill came out, were there a bunch of budget DVDs of Lady Snowblood and other Female Samurai films coming out with with “The films that inspired Kill Bill”?

Or when Jackie Brown came out were there a bunch budget box sets of old Pam Grier movies that said “The movies that inspired Jackie Brown”?

Or when Inglorious Basterds came out were there a bunch of dirty dozen knockoff war movies coming out on budget boxsets claiming to be an inspiration?[/quote]

I was in the States around the time Inglourious Basterds came out and I remember going into a dvd store and seeing on the week’s or month’s top seller shelf one dvd of the sort, so apparently the strategy works.

I defenitly recall a lot of “Samurai” films coming out on DVD when Kill Bill came out. I also remember a “Kill Chiba” collection, with 3 or 4 his films in it. Looking back I kinda wished I had bought it. ;D

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:44, topic:3107”]Does this always happen everytime a Tarantino film comes out?

Or when Inglorious Basterds came out were there a bunch of dirty dozen knockoff war movies coming out on budget boxsets claiming to be an inspiration?[/quote]

To be honest: I appreciate it and we shoul actually thank Tarantino. Without him there wouldn’t be such great releases or even releases at all of most of these films. Bad luck that the publishers use the films of QT to promote their stuff, so what? If I can see a film, I do not care about the cover of the disc. I don’t care if it says QTs Top 20. My gosh, I can finally see Tepepa uncut, for instance.

Agreed.

All about the cash, if someone or company can make some money via the success of another film they will do.

True, but I find it irritating all the same. Especially when what they say on these box covers is not even true. None of these films in particular inspired Django Unchained.

You are right. But the covers don’t lie. Either the film is from QT’s retrospective or of his Top 20. And that Koch called it Western Unchained is accepted. I mean, it refers to QT and the time of the release is close to Django Unchained.

But overall I must agree to you, Mortimer.

And the covers do not claim to have inspired DU directly, but on the other hand these are probably some of the films which inspired DU in parts.

So how is the quality of this set? I just ordered.

Does anyone think there’s even film/transfer that makes this one worthwhile? I know it’s cheap, but I’m a little weary of buying crap for low prices when it comes to this stuff…

Dozens of movies on 1 BRD. Do the math.

I bought this a couple of months ago and I’m well pleased with it (I haven’t watched all of the movies yet tbh). Overall picture quality is comparable to those numerous Mill Creek or Echo Bridge DVD collections that I’m sure you’ve encountered by now. with the picture quality of individual films veering from Well-That’s-Really-Not-Too-Bad-All-Things-Considered right down to What-The-Bloody-Hell’s-Happening-I-Can’t-See-A-Cocking-Thing, but these things aren’t a dealbreaker for me. I mean I’ll take a crisp BD picture over a muddy 10th-gen VHS copy if the choice is on the table but otherwise, it’s all good. As to the films themselves I haven’t seen them all as I said, but there’s definitely some cracking movies in there (California, One After Another) to go along with the inevitable filler material (One Fine Day When Django Met Sartana). No, the spelling errors on the title pages don’t exactly inspire confidence (Last Days of Revegne, anyone?) but, so what? For the measly £6-odd that it costs presently, it’s worth it. IMHO, of course.

btw the Tepepa BluRay should be region free even though it says differently on the cover. But I am only 98% sure

I recently bought the Wutang Iron Fist 25 movie Bluray. It’s pretty bad quality, but worth it to see some movies I had never seen before. But I didn’t realize that Videoasia has released a 2nd Bluray. Another 25 movies on 1 Bluray? Isn’t there a law against releasing movies in this format? Quality standards? Or maybe someone can inspect this stuff before it’s released in the stores? “Videoasia, I regret to inform you that you will not be releasing this Bluray until you fix the inexcusable errors. The picture is jumpy all of a sudden on these 20 parts of this movie, you have footage of a Jodie Foster movie on this one, this one plays with no sound for the first 5 minutes, and then I can see you turning up the volume on the TV when you recorded it on VHS…” This just amazes me. But oh well. I’m probably going to get it at some point because it has California and some others I want to see.

Ahh, I gave in…hopefully “California” is watchable…

There’s some pixelation issues but California is pretty watchable.