WESTERN ALL'ITALIANA (Glittering Images)

Yes they get their fee, which is not much for 1€.

If it’s so easy to withdraw, e-bay will get their fee mostly for the lowest bid.

E Bay is such a sham at times…

Us Yorkshire-ites find it good for our ‘chuddy’ …
E Bay Gum :-* ← that’s a bubble!

I currently have volume 1 listed…

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140234467382&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

Is it possible to buy these books somewhere in the EU ?
I don’t want to pay 25% customs fee…

Anyone have any suggestions where I can purchase these books from at a price where I do not have to sell one of my bikes :smiley: ?..in the meantime I shall just keep looking via E Bay.

Book one just arrived from E Bay. Very nice indeed…book 2 and 3 to get now.

GOT BOOK ONE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGAO AT A COMIC CON
I LIKE BOOK 2 BETTER

I need book two next.

MR ENNIOO I LIKE BOOK 2 THE BEST BECAUSE I LIKE THE BIZZARE VIOLENT WESTERNS THE BEST

Wifey went into the city centre for her writing class today and came back with a little gift for me. Volume two of the Glittering Images set. The last one I needed. Apparently she saw it in the window of the cinema book shop and decided to treat me. God, I love that woman. :-*

What a woman - the best book as well if I remember correctly.

At a glance I think you may be right mate. Although they are all splendid things in truth.
Apparently the guy at the Cinema Book Shop told her he spoke to the publishers at a recent book fair and they said they have two more books planned . One on horror films and the other another Western one. Fingers crossed!

I bought the second book for myself as a x-mas present. I got used one for not too high price. Good looking book for sure.

I added short reviews of these three books to the database. I think they’re fair, but obviously feel free to disagree and edit as appropriate. :slight_smile:

www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Western_All’Italiana_Volume_1
www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Western_All’Italiana_Volume_2
www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Western_All’Italiana_Volume_3

Are these books any good for new information, facts, production details? Or are they just opinion/review synopsis of the movies?

I think the first volume’s better for that kind of background detail, but obviously only covers a few important directors. In the other two volumes information of that kind is sometimes given (for example if someone other than the credited director directed it, or some background on why that film was made, where it was made, who paid for it, occasionally some retrospective comment from the cast/crew on the film or the making etc.), but certainly not for everything.

I’d say it has a bit, and probably more for the better known films, but not huge amounts of information. Perhaps a) I should reflect this in my reviews and b) someone else should comment, and maybe suggest some better sources?