WESTERN ALL'ITALIANA (Glittering Images)

I placed a bid too but I’ve been outbidded so far. I think £15 is maximum I’m willing to pay for this.

I did get the first two when they first come out and still need to get the 3rd, ive always been outbid and where it is for sale outright the postage is always a killer!

[quote=“Phil H, post:20, topic:545”]I’m with you on that AvatarDK.
I’ve seen these items too but am not going to bid now. There’s no point in driving the price up for a mate. By the sounds of it the seller has more to auction so I’ll bid next time maybe.
Good luck to whoever wins it. It should be a good book. I have volume one which I bought years ago and which I still look at regularly.[/quote]

I agree on that one, that’s why I quit biding already when the prize had been pushed up to 5£.
There is no reason to bee in a razing war against other board members, so I will also wait until the seller puts the next of these books up for sale.

Finally picked up volume 3 of this at a decent price. Got it on e bay for £15 inc postage which is about the best I’ve seen and within what I was willing to pay. When I was in Italy it was on sale for 50 -59 euros so I am pretty happy. Also, best price I have seen on ebay before is around £25 so for those of you keen to get it, keep looking, the price seems to be coming down.

Don’t think the price is going down, this is a hit and miss situation. I got mine for £15 including postage also and the next I saw went for twice that amount (+postage)… So it’s going up and down depending on who notices it’s for sale… Nice price though, Phil, good for you !!!

i’ve been outbid on 5 or 6 of these over the last couple of months, hope i can get one for a reasonable price soon

Just noticed these two books on sale at ebay.
I already have both but can recommend them to anyone who hasn’t. the Opera of Violence one in particular doesn’t come up for sale that often as it has been OOP for years I think.
Anyhow, for those who are interested…

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WESTERN-ALITALIANA-ITALIAN-WESTERN-BOOKS-spaghetti_W0QQitemZ250221410294QQihZ015QQcategoryZ274QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[quote=“Phil H, post:27, topic:545”]Just noticed these two books on sale at ebay.
I already have both but can recommend them to anyone who hasn’t. the Opera of Violence one in particular doesn’t come up for sale that often as it has been OOP for years I think.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WESTERN-ALITALIANA-ITALIAN-WESTERN-BOOKS-spaghetti_W0QQitemZ250221410294QQihZ015QQcategoryZ274QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]Too bad that the seller doesn’t ship worldwide. Otherwise I’d definitely make a bid.

If you mail him and ask him nicely I’ll sure he’ll allow a non-uk bidder.

If he won’t do it Bill you can get them sent to me and I’ll forward them on for you.

[quote=“Phil H, post:27, topic:545”]Just noticed these two books on sale at ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WESTERN-ALITALIANA-ITALIAN-WESTERN-BOOKS-spaghetti_W0QQitemZ250221410294QQihZ015QQcategoryZ274QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

The seller decided to end the listing early because the items were no longer availalble.
This may have been the case, but the items were still only at 99 pence and not long to the end of the auction.

However, me being a bit cynical I suspect the seller does indeed still have the items and ended the auction early as he/she did not think the items will achieve a fair price.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:31, topic:545”]The seller decided to end the listing early because the items were no longer availalble.
This may have been the case, but the items were still only at 99 pence and not long to the end of the auction.[/quote]
But nobody had bid at all up to that point, right? Could be he made a deal with someone outside ebay… Done that myself a couple of times.

Ed: Can now see the bid was retraccted… That does sound fishy indeed !

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:32, topic:545”]But nobody had bid at all up to that point, right? Could be he made a deal with someone outside ebay… Done that myself a couple of times.

Ed: Can now see the bid was retraccted… That does sound fishy indeed ![/quote]

The items had one bid for 99 pence, so if a deal outside E Bay had been made the seller has been a bit naughty.

I have seen it happen quite a few times now on expensive and/or rare items, which the seller is allowed to do if he/she states the item is no longer available for sale.

Definitely bad style… If I was that bidder I would be pissed…

Yes I agree.

But if there was one bid, this should be impossible by e-bay rules.

It’s sort of a contract.

[quote=“stanton, post:36, topic:545”]But if there was one bid, this should be impossible by e-bay rules.

It’s sort of a contract.[/quote]
Thought so too, but apparently you can and may: Ending a listing | eBay

[quote=“stanton, post:36, topic:545”]But if there was one bid, this should be impossible by e-bay rules.

It’s sort of a contract.[/quote]

Actually, no. I checked this quite recently with ebay. The seller can withdraw the item at any time. The only thing ebay won’t allow is if they find out you have withdrawn it and then sell it outside of ebay.

But this is ridiculous, then every seller can start with the lowest bid (1€) and withdraw if the results don’t suit him.

How will they found out if it was sold outside e-bay? And if so it’s anyhow too late for the bidder.

Where’s the advantage for e-bay?

They still get their listing fee :slight_smile:

But it IS a flawed system. Even the bid retraction possibility is very questionable.