Wanted Johnny Texas (Emimmo Salvi, 1967)

I think there were used some in Companeros, but those scenes were cut in versions shown on TV

Yes, but also only a few, very few in relation to the great kill rate in Companeros, and this were already the 70s.

Holy crap-o-rama! Just finished watching this one. This is a really bad movie. Any of Fidaniā€™s spaghettis will wipe the floor with Wanted Johnny Texas. In order to get some fun out of this, it is recommended to view it as a parody on westerns. The acting is terrible, except maybe Howard Ross as the ridiculous villain. The use of fast motion to ā€˜spice upā€™ the action scenes is laughable beyond belief. This movie will also give you a chance to see Fernando Sancho as a redhead, hahaha. And the endingā€¦ when James Newman literally starts to kick Monika Bruggerā€™s ass. Hahaha, godammnit; this ought to be seen to be believed. What an amalgam of incompetence and stupidity. All this inferiority causes the movie to be at least a bit entertaining, so 4,5/10 as far as Iā€™m concerned. (acting 2/10 special effects 1/10)

Iā€™ve always wondered why this film has been so widely considered as something special. Iā€™ve heard people calling this a masterpiece, gothic horror western and whatever. Maybe just because Weisser has it in his top20, probably he didnā€™t even ever saw itā€¦

I will have to use these words somedayā€¦

I thought this one wasā€¦interesting. Itā€™s a bad movie and poorly made with extremely bad editing and pacing but it is veryā€¦different. I said it fealt like some sort of sword and sandal movie mixed with a 30ā€™s serial. Especially with the sound stage locations with matte painitngs. A first for a spaghetti iā€™ve seen. Baaaaaaaaaaad acting and I thought it was hilarious with Johnny and Oā€™Connorā€™s first meeting and everytime Johnny said anything, Oā€™Conor always had to start out his response with a craz laughter. Muahahahahahahaha! I didnā€™t notice any fast motion though. Only in one short shot at the end. The music was good though and the movie on a whole is very easy to watch. But an insult to my intelligence. And anyone who has seen it. And those sandpitsā€¦!

Thanks Korano, you have just helped this title move to the top of my ā€˜to watchā€™ pile, sounds like a hoot ;D

Movies 4 Men is going to show this one later this month, hope itĀ“s in Widescreen?!

Yeah, to get a nice widescreen image of all the sandpits of Florence.

Watching this one reminds me of Robert Mitchum in Out of the Past- ā€œIt was the bottom of the barrel, and I scraped it.ā€

Itā€™s now apparently on this week. Fri and Sun at 9PM.

Film was shown in wide 2.35:1 with English dub. Decent enough print.

Seemed a lot of kills in this. Three different big shoot-outs in the first 30-mins. Plus guys being shot and killed during the opening on-the-run credits too. Not much or nothing in the middle (some dancing). Then a long and big shoot-out at the end.

Didnā€™t notice any fast motion. Shoot-outs looked normal. Perhaps a different version? The only thing I noticed it was the last fight fist, which was quite short anyway. Did notice the baddie and his laugh though. Was OK I thought.

Shit!!! Fell asleep when a was suppose to record this one last night, a only have the
last 49 min, hope they will show it again in a few weeks.
it was a nice broadcast in letterbox:2:35.

Tom,

You would have fallen asleep watching it anyway. :smiley:

I agree! I have never liked WANTED JOHNNY TEXAS.

Just recorded this onto the old Sky+ box, so off to form an opinion right now!!!

Philip

Strange film this one. Tried too hard at times I think. The background music made me think of 70ā€™s scifi like Space 1999 at times, then wandered back into more traditional territory. A couiple of fairly rough jump cuts on the M4M showing, one on the cat fight where Iā€™m sure she was about to say ā€œYou bitchā€ but there was a bit of a stranmge noise and no word, and just as Rosita was about to be murdered, there seemed to be a slight jump in the film.

Overall not bad, but I wonā€™t go out of my way to see it again.

Philip

[size=2]Enjoyed this one and liked the action scenes. Fernando Sancho in a non mexican bandit role made a change aswell. Agree with the poster above ( PJayBe ) re the music. Viewed a 2.35 T.V print which had some slight print damage, but the best I have seen the film look so far.[/size]

:(Watched this one recently, and what a turkey this is. With bad acting and cheap sets all around. Dubbing was out of sync, the lead villain with is boyish looks, he looked liked he belonged in a Frankie Avalon beach movie. F. Sancho was ok, R.Neri she was wasted in this one. 1 out of 10*. Pure trash!!!. The only thing i like is the poster, with a close-up Newmanā€™s face pointing the gun.

saw this on movies for men channel. to be fair it looked cut as there were quite a few jumps. thought it was bizarre, cheap and mediocre at best.a few violent moments to relieve the tedium.instantly forgettable. 4/10

There are several good reasons to watch this cheapie
One of them is called Rosalba, most others Monika (Ah, men&movies):

[url]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/vlcsnap2012110412h08m38.png/[/url]

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Wanted_Johnny_Texas_Review[/size]