Wanted Johnny Texas (Emimmo Salvi, 1967)

Salviā€™s only other SW 3 colpi di Winchester per Ringo has some of the probably unintentional qualities of this one too.

Some unexpected beauty amongst the ugliness, or maybe some expected ugliness amongst the beauteousness.

Anyway, both are in parts boring when there is a story, in parts great fun when there is no story in the film.

I go looking for the other ones too. I had the idea the first half hours was the weakest of the three and the final quarter of an hour the strongest of the six. Probably you just have to get used to Salviā€™s madness and his undisciplined style. That final scene in sabata style is btw quite good

Wanted Johnny Texas

Well, this is one spagh that I didnā€™t like it at all. And Iā€™m not in a particular hurry to ever see this turkey again.

I can imagine that, Chameleon, and I donā€™t think anybody will ever blame you for this.

Still havenā€™t got around to seeing this one. Will have to remedy that soon I think.
Donā€™t mind a bit of crap-o-rama and Fernando Sancho + Rosalba Neri = time well spent no matter how rubbish it might be in my book.

Had this one sitting around for a while so finally got round to watching it.

I can only echo Bad Lieutenantā€™s response above. i.e. Holy Crap-o-Rama!

What a mess of a film.

[quote=ā€œPhil H, post:46, topic:1060ā€]Had this one sitting around for a while so finally got round to watching it.

I can only echo Bad Lieutenantā€™s response above. i.e. Holy Crap-o-Rama!

What a mess of a film.[/quote]

Well, admit it: it was different and you liked Monika & Rosalba

But yes yess, quite a messs

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:47, topic:1060ā€]Well, admit it: it was different and you liked Monika & Rosalba

But yes yess, quite a messs[/quote]

Rosalba is always welcome, of course. But then she only lasts 10 minutes and they kill her off. >:(

Hard to please, thatā€™s obvious.

(....) kills everybody who disagrees with him, including his own men, and yet his private army never seems to diminish in numbers

Haha, that is one of the craziest things in the movie, despite the trigger happy gang leader the personal army seems almost to increase its numbers ad infinitum.

The girl dressed in red is C.S.C. actress Mirella Pompili, better known as Pamphili or Panfili. Willy Colombini/James Newman is also in Why Go on Killing? and The Return of Clint the Stranger a.k.a. Thereā€™s a Noose Waiting for Youā€¦ Trinity! (brief appearance in that one), playing a Lieutenant and George Martinā€™s brother respectively.

[/url]

[hr]

Howard Ross and Colombini a couple years ago

[url]http://postimage.org/

1 Like

Yes, in the Men&Movies version that scene thirteen minutes into the movie was cut (approx. 30 seconds).

Howard Ross must have been about 70 then if heā€™s 77 now. He held up pretty well.

Just saw Wanted Johnny Texas. Columbiniā€™s character reminded me of Sonny Chiba in The Street Fighter, constantly being chased down but, once cornered, has zero hesitation to brawl(or gunfight) while being outnumbered five to one. Itā€™s a little different than most SWs which, for me, adds to the surreal distant unreachability which I enjoy in so many Italian westerns.

I like this film. Itā€™s very fast-paced with constant action throughout. I opted to watch my Greek VHS copy. I did acquire a TV recording from movies4men but found out that it had been heavily cut. I wasnā€™t too impressed with the picture quality, either, so it didnā€™t have enough advantages over the VHS. The VHS has a pan & scan print unfortunately but the image was clear, so it wasnā€™t too bad. Iā€™d like to see a better version. Hopefully it gets a Blu-ray eventually.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to get the Greek tape of this one

Hereā€™s my tape. I bought it from Tom ages ago. I like the artwork on the Greek tape the most out of all the releases Iā€™ve seen. Iā€™ll probably watch the movies4men print next time since it looks better than I remember but I did a quick comparison and noticed the murder of Rosita has been cut out, so thereā€™s probably quite a few cuts for violence. Iā€™m surprised this hasnā€™t been given an English-friendly DVD release yet. Like I said, Iā€™m hoping for a Blu since I enjoyed it more than most people here. Itā€™s the kind of mindless, shoot 'em up stuff that I like.

Cool cover, it reminds me of Massacre Time.

The VHS is 92 seconds longer than the TV print for anybody who is interested. Both are PAL. I have my OCD brain on, so I had to find out. Surely thereā€™s a better widescreen version available now. Anybody got one? Whatā€™s the Italian DVD like?

Very nice artwork indeed! I wish there was more of these tapes floating around on eBay

This filmā€™s page in our database has been updated to the new layout. Please contribute to it.