Wanted (Giorgio Ferroni, Giorgio Stegani, 1967)

Couldn’t find a thread for this one
A review is now up:

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Wanted_Review

Still can’t really say which part of the trilogy I like best
They don’t differ much in quality, but I guess my heart is with One Silver Dollar

For more info visit:
Database page: Wanted - The Spaghetti Western Database (spaghetti-western.net)

Give Wanted your rating out of five stars!

0 voters

The often atmospheric photography of Wanted is of course noticable.

Except for a few violent scenes, all 3 Ferroni/Gemma westerns are not exactly what I’m expecting from a SW. They belong clearly to the early phase of SWs, in which costumes, story, characterizations are more influenced by naive american B-Westerns than by Sergio Leone.

But in an easy way they are quite entertaining.

I prefer Fort Yuma Gold (5/10), which has the most eventful story and the more interesting villains, followed by Wanted (5/10) and One Silver Dollar (4/10), which is a bit too plain.

I will get Ferroni’s 4th western Il pistolero segnato da Dio, which wasn’t released in Germany, with one of my next trades.

My favorite is “One Silver Dollar”, which is a classic in my eyes.
“Wanted” left me a bit cold. Can’t really say why. Just not one of Gemma’s best.
Anybody else notice the film has a bit of novelty value as it is one of the few Italian westerns that use interior sets for scenes that take place outdoors.

Bava’s Road to Fort Alamo does the same thing. Gives the film a whole different feel.

Still gotta admire that cactus!

Are these the muthas …?

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

[quote=“YourPallbearer, post:3, topic:1186”]My favorite is “One Silver Dollar”, which is a classic in my eyes.
“Wanted” left me a bit cold. Can’t really say why. Just not one of Gemma’s best.
Anybody else notice the film has a bit of novelty value as it is one of the few Italian westerns that use interior sets for scenes that take place outdoors.[/quote]

Those soundstages were used in several films like Adios Gringo, Django shoots first and this Bava movie
It seems to be limited to the first few years of the genre; can’t think of any post-'67 spagh with them
It was done quite often in fitfies Hollywood westerns and tv series (Bonanza!), so I guess they got the idea watching those things
After all, Ferroni, Stegani and Bava (as a western maker) were influenced by Hollywood

I have the same problems with WANTED: it’s not bad at all, but it’s a bit of a cold achievement

Haven’t seen this film, but I’ve heard some of the music from a compilation CD

wanted…wanted…

…yes you’re wanted, you’re wanted

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I like these Ferroni Gemma films. They are not masterpieces but are undemanding fun in a classical western kind of way.

This one probably fits between Fort Yuma Gold and One Silver Dollar in my list of favourites but that is knit picking really. I enjoyed them all for what they are. I’m just a sucker for a Gemma film in general I suppose.

There is also a Bollywood western called Wanted from the 80’s :

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362303/[/url]

May watch tonight.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:10, topic:1186”]There is also a Bollywood western called Wanted from the 80’s :

[url]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362303/[/url]

May watch tonight.[/quote]

Where did you find this thing?

Made in '83, still awaiting five votes … not a very popular movie

Picked up a copy from E Bay a while back, when I was looking for a copy of the 1967 Wanted. Film is over two hours long… something a little different for tonight.

So the fellas at eBay are responsible for all the films you watched…

A few here and there from E Bay.

Isn’t the Bollywood western Wanted a some sort of remake of God Forgives, I Don’t? At least that is what I remember… A DVD is sold in several online stores (which I can’t remember now) for quite cheap but the shipping costs were too high for europe (over $20 if I remember correctly) or I would have owned it a long time ago.

Actually it is available here for $4.99 http://www.musicindiamovies.com/php/productDetails.php?id=2532
US shipping is free or a couple of dollars, $5 to Canada, $6 to UK and $22 for the rest of the Europe. Nice.

(not the DVD)

Would be nice to watch a Bollywood Western! You liked it Ennioo?

I had the Dutch dvd of Wanted (which I had bought for one euro), but traded it with someone. A piece of crap with some entertaining moments, but of course also dance routines and shit like that. It’s not a remake of God Forgives, I don’t, but it does blatantly rip off the scene where all passengers in a train are found shot to hell. It’s a western, but it doesn’t take place there, really weird. Rupees and curry in the film.

Agree with Bad Lieutenant on the Bollywood film. Film is way over long. There is a bloke who looks a little like Frank Wolf. Some Spaghetti style sounds on the soundtrack.

One to watch with a curry and plenty of beer ;D .

Then I guess I’ll have to wait ;D.

If you take the curry I’m sure you’ll find someone here for the beer