Vote for Our Official Top 20

Thanks Andy! It took long enough to make!

1 Like

Just finally saw price of power (hard to find in a subtitled stream) and it would be on my soon to be revised top 20. Stefanelli jumping out the window and his jump-mount on his horse alone makes it top 20 material (haha). Really well written even with the well known source material.

1 Like

The story alone would have done it, the impressive visuals just make it better. I can’t think of a political undercurrent in a SW that is so contemporary and relevant. For the 1960s anyway.

1 Like

1.THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY
2.FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE
3.ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST
4.THE GREAT SILENCE
5.DJANGO
6.BANDIDOS
7.THE MERCENARY
8.ARIZONA COLT
9.DAY OF ANGER
10.THE UGLY ONES
11.DEATH RIDES A HORSE
12.THE DIRTY OUTLAWS
13.A BULLET FOR THE GENERAL
14.VENGEANCE
15.EL PURO
16.$10 000 DOLLARS FOR A MASSACRE
17.GOD FORGIVES, I DON’T
18.MASSACRE TIME
19.BLOOD AT SUNDOWN
20.JOHN THE BASTARD

Changes made - 17 and 20

1 Like

Oh man, you gotta check it out! There are no good DVDs, but here’s a solid version on Youtube:

El Puro is a treasure. I love it so much, I did an 36x60" oil painting of a scene from the film. I’m doing that for each of my Top 20.

6 Likes

Wow, very nice painting, and I much appreciate the link. Looking forward to seeing El Puro. I’ll let you know what I think, plan to watch it tonight.

Just finished it - great print and sound, by the way -and loved it. I had high expectations and they were exceeded. I like your painting even better now … what a scene! It’s after midnight now - I’d like to write more, but need a night’s sleep first. This is a wickedly good western that will force a revision to my TOP TWENTY list. Big thanks for tipping me off to You-tube.

That’s a great looking print, shame it’s the crappy 93 min version. Dislike from me.

1 Like

Really? Wow, I can only imagine … a topless Rosalba Neri perhaps? Anyway, I was knocked out by what I saw. An uncut Blu-ray is needed. I personally thought this a superior film to the excellent BLACK JACK.

And so is Mulargia’s other masterpiece Go With God, Gringo

1 Like

In typical SW fashion, the English version cut a lot of scenes. My DVD is 110 min, but there supposedly exists a 120 min cut…

Much superior for me. El puro is a top 10 Spag.

2 Likes

I don’t think this version is “crappy” at all. There’s a much shorter version that runs for around 80 minutes that is pretty bad but the 93 minute version contains all the essential scenes and was the first version of the film I ever watched. I don’t remember the longer Italian cut having much footage that made a great difference.

The opening title montage is so weird. Is that on any of the official DVDs?

Never saw this opening before.

It looks fanmade. Especially when the colours invert haha.

In the 94 min version of El puro (98 min theatrical due to the Pal speed up) the film works very well. Actually the only scene form the longer version I miss is the extended stuff in the bizarre trading store scene.

My thoughts exactly, Stanton. The pacing is good in the “longer-shorter” version.

Top 10 ALL DAY

My top twenty
1 Once Upon a Time in the West
2 The Good The Bad and The Ugly
3 For a Few Dollars More
4 The Great Silence
5 Django
6 A Professional Gun/The Mercenary
7 Big Gundown
8 Fistful Of Dollars
9 Day of Anger
10 Face to Face