Vote for our official bottom-20

Has anyone seen For a Book of Dollars? A film definitely for this topic.

The film is on right now (channel Cafè 24)… ;D

I think it would be fun to make a bottom 20 page. The point? Maybe someone would want to see how horrible the genre can get, maybe someone’s a masochist or can get some unintentional laughs from those turkeys. I think it can be a funny task nevertheless :slight_smile:
@Stanton: what system of vote counting would you suggest? The same one you used counting top 20?

I don’t think that’s possible, Alk0. The list would’nt be representative, not by any stretch of the imagination: nobody has seen all relevant bad movies, and few people have seen enough to take a respresentative winner in this aspect. You begin with the classics, then take on the semi-classics and the better-known minor movies, so if you’ve watched 150 spaghettis, which is quite a lot, you probabably have seen only one or two of the ‘bottom of the barrel’.

I’ve seen quite a few spaghs, and Two Brothers in a Place called Trinity is the worst for me, simply because I had the worst experiences with this movie. But I’m quite sure there’s worse out there, only I haven’t watched it, and I’m not eager to do so. I want these two brothers to be the worst forever (I’m even beginning to like them a little bit)

And then: The worst - picking the worst should remain fun and informal
I know for instance that family members of directors occasionally visit these pages. Just imagine to find out that your daddy made the worst of them all. Officially.

That would still be a result, once there were people willing to do anything to wear the Black Jersey at the Tour of Italy… ;D :wink:

Seem to have periods where all I seem to view is not so good ones.

Here are the “magnificent” seven according to Nocturno Dossier #31 Ai confini del Western:

• Per un dollaro a Tucson si muore/Die for a Dollar in Tucson (1965, Canevari)
  • Lo sceriffo che non spara/The Sheriff Won’t Shoot (1965, Polselli)
  • Rimase uno solo e fu la morte per tutti/Brother Outlaw (1971, Mulargia)
  • Allegri becchini… arriva Trinità/They Called Him Trinity: Himself - His Colt - His Revenge (1971, Merighi)
  • Al di là dell’odio/Beyond the Frontiers of Hate (1972, Santini)
  • Il Giustiziere di Dio/God’s Gunman (1973, Lattanzi)
  • Sei bounty killers per una strage/Six Bounty Killers for a Massacre (1973, Lattanzi)

Up to now I have seen only the fourth film in the list, and I confirm that is part of the category with every right!

Could not take Beyond the Frontiers of Hate seriously even though it is a serious film, as Jeff Cameron playing an Indian does not wash with me :smiley: .

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:146, topic:1486”]Here are the “magnificent” seven according to Nocturno Dossier #31 Ai confini del Western:

• Per un dollaro a Tucson si muore/Die for a Dollar in Tucson (1965, Canevari)
  • Lo sceriffo che non spara/The Sheriff Won’t Shoot (1965, Polselli)
  • Rimase uno solo e fu la morte per tutti/Brother Outlaw (1971, Mulargia)
  • Allegri becchini… arriva Trinità/They Called Him Trinity: Himself - His Colt - His Revenge (1971, Merighi)
  • Al di là dell’odio/Beyond the Frontiers of Hate (1972, Santini)
  • Il Giustiziere di Dio/God’s Gunman (1973, Lattanzi)
  • Sei bounty killers per una strage/Six Bounty Killers for a Massacre (1973, Lattanzi)

Up to now I have seen only the fourth film in the list, and I confirm that is part of the category with every right! [/quote]

No Crea and no Fidani?

Luckily I have only seen 2 of those. And the Canevari film deserves the mentioning.

Brother Outlaw on the other hand is a really weak film, and far below all the other Mulargia films, but not as bad as the Canevari or the one Crea I have seen or 2 or 3 of the Fid films.

after i saw many many crapy ones i can’t say i will never make a top bottom 20 never again
the trash ones goes more than 100 spaghetti westerns!!!

This SHIT list is from my bottom of the barrel crap that i’ve seen so far.
14.his life is mine
13.three silver dollars
12.his name was king
11.holy ghost(garko)
10.execution
9.return of sabata
8.trinity is still my name
7.el cisco
6.four of the apocalypse
5.white apache
4.take a hard place
3.wanted johnny texas
2.kid vengeance
1.they still call me amen :frowning:

[quote=“Handcuffs68, post:150, topic:1486”]This SHIT list is from my bottom of the barrel crap that i’ve seen so far.
14.his life is mine
13.three silver dollars
12.his name was king
11.holy ghost(garko)
10.execution
9.return of sabata
8.trinity is still my name
7.el cisco
6.four of the apocalypse
5.white apache
4.take a hard place
3.wanted johnny texas
2.kid vengeance
1.they still call me amen :([/quote]
i loved ‘his name was king’

[quote=“Handcuffs68, post:150, topic:1486”]This SHIT list is from my bottom of the barrel crap that i’ve seen so far.

6.four of the apocalypse
                                                                                   [/quote]

i like this one a lot, can´t understand what was so crappy about it
imo very good atmospheric western with interesting Milian performance

My Bottom-20

1. Kansas City, a.k.a. Sette monache a Kansas City/Seven Nuns in Kansas City (1973)
  2. Sei bounty killers per una strage/Six Bounty Killers for a Massacre (1973)
  3. Alleluja e Sartana figli di… Dio/Alleluja & Sartana Are Sons… Sons of God (1972)
  4. Tutti per uno… botte per tutti/Three Musketeers of the West (1973)
  5. Allegri becchini… arriva Trinità/They Called Him Trinity: Himself - His Colt - His Revenge (1973)
  6. Ed ora… raccomanda l’anima a Dio!/And Now… Make Your Peace with God (1968)
  7. Cipolla Colt/Cry, Onion! (1975)
  8. Spirito Santo e le 5 magnifiche canaglie/Gunmen and the Holy Ghost (1972)
  9. Corte marziale/Court Martial (1974)
  10. In nome del padre, del figlio e della Colt/In the Name of the Father, the Son and the Colt (1973)

The “triumph” of the Seventies!

1. Il tredicesimo è sempre Giuda/Thirteenth Is A Judas (1971)
  2. 20.000 dollari sul 7/20.000 Dollars On Number Seven (1967)
  3. I vendicatori dell’Ave Maria/Twilight Avengers (1970)
  4. Sei jellato amico… hai incontrato Sacramento/You’re Jinxed, Friend, You’ve Met Sacramento (1972)
  5. Vivi o preferibilmente morti/Alive or Preferably Dead (1969)
  6. Su le mani, cadavere! Sei in arresto/Raise Your Hands, Dead Man, You’re Under Arrest (1971)
  7. …E lo chiamarono Spirito Santo/He Was Called the Holy Ghost (Roberto Mauri, 1971)
  8. Dinamite Jim (1966)
  9. E vennero in quattro per uccidere Sartana/The Four Who Came to Kill Sartana (1969)
  10. La legge della violenza/Law of Violence (1969)

I realize that curiously in 4 third-class SWs on my list (#5,8,10,19) there’s a masked/hooded baddie.

My Bottom - 20:

1. Il mio nome è Mallory… “M” come morte
  2. Sei bounty killers per una strage
  3. Per un dollaro a Tucson si muore
  4. Arde Baybe, Arde
  5. Lo sceriffo di Rockspring
  6. Corte Marziale
  7. In nome del padre, del figlio e della Colt
  8. Los siete de Pancho Villa
  9. Le maledette pistole di Dallas
  10. Il piombo e la carne
  11. Les Pétroleuses
  12. Ocaso de un pistolero
  13. Il tempo degli avvoltoi
  14. T’ammazzo!.. Raccomandati a Dio
  15. Dio non paga il sabato
  16. Saranda
  17. Colorado Charlie
  18. Il Gustiziere di Dio
  19. I quattro pistoleri di Santa Trinita
  20. Uno a uno sin piedad

[quote=“Italo-West-Fan, post:155, topic:1486”]My Bottom - 20:

13. Il tempo degli avvoltoi
…[/quote]
Never watched it, but it looks good…
Do you really consider this one to be so bad? :o

[quote=“Mickey13, post:156, topic:1486”]Never watched it, but it looks good…
Do you really consider this one to be so bad? :o[/quote]

I know that the film is very popular here, but i found it very boring ! Only the Ending is pretty good.
But I must say, I’ve only seen a copy of a German VHS which is around 10 Minutes cut !

[quote=“Italo-West-Fan, post:157, topic:1486”]I know that the film is very popular here, but i found it very boring ! Only the Ending is pretty good.
But I must say, I’ve only seen a copy of a German VHS which is around 10 Minutes cut ![/quote]
Well, I saw a trailer and I must say I wasn’t particularly fascinated.
Maybe some day I’ll buy it, but so far I’ve got many other titles on my list that wanna have. :slight_smile:

I don’t like it much, but in my opinion Cicero’s film is far from being Bottom-20 material.

Yes, it is an ok western with some good parts.

Even more surprising is:

1. Dio non paga il sabato

tsk, tsk …