Vote for our official bottom-20

[quote=“alan, post:100, topic:1486”]My top worst list
1 TWILIGHT AVENGERS ( have’nt seen this mentioned yet / Bitto Albertini / T.Kendall )
2 LAW OF VIOLENCE (so dark at times you can’t see the actors ,which is good…/ quite good music by Stelvio Cipriani which is over used so much
it becomes comical )
3 HIS NAME WAS KING ("his name was King , he rode a horse "…)
4 20,000 on no.7
5 BAD MANS RIVER .[/quote]
i like bad man river and i can’t say anything bad for this western

i have watched bad man’s river i didn’t even finish the film i found it too boring

We can start by seeing how many westerns Fidani made ;D

I feel “deprived.” LOL

I haven’t seen many of the ones most frequently mentioned. Just the execrable Trinity and Sartana: Those SOBs, Two Brothers…Place Called Trinity and White Comanche.

I guess I’ll never get to immerse myself in the truly horrible; no way Koch will release boxed sets of the Best of Crea or Batzella or Lattanzi. I would like to see a few, however…

Probably never be a digitally-remastered Django Story either… LOL

i like it

my top 20 most trash spaghetti westerns

1. aguasanta joe
  2. red blood yellow gold
  3. night of the serpent
  4. the man called noon
  5. full house of the devil
  6. a barrel full of dollars
  7. the price of power
  8. execution
  9. yankee
  10. death sentence
  11. god forgive’s his life is mine
  12. the white the yellow and the black
  13. my name is nobody
  14. django kill if you live shoot
  15. run man run
  16. the hill’s run red
  17. sartana kill them all
  18. trinity and sartana
  19. ringo’s big night
  20. django meets sartana

and some very close
21. i came i saw i shot
22. ringo face of vengeange
23. fasthand is still my name
24. god forgive’s i don’t
25. a reason to live a reason to die
26. dallas
27. take a hard ride
28. the stranger and the gunfighter
29. Don’t Turn the Other Cheek

also another piece of crap
30. clind the stranger
31. the silent stranger or stranger in japan

Hello Sartana1968. You have proved why the spaghetti western genre is a fantastic genre to love and enjoy, If thats the bottom 29, the spaghetti western genre must be quite good. 26 of them are better than Star Wars, Mama Mia and Avatar… Damn those plastic spaceships…

29 of them are actually better than the Shawshank Redemption which some fools think is better than Matalo.

I do agree Aquasanta Joe, Execution and The White The Yellow and the Black are poo-poo.

[quote=“Neville Bartos, post:107, topic:1486”]Hello Sartana1968. You have proved why the spaghetti western genre is a fantastic genre to love and enjoy, If thats the bottom 29, the spaghetti western genre must be quite good. 26 of them are better than Star Wars, Mama Mia and Avatar… Damn those plastic spaceships…

29 of them are actually better than the Shawshank Redemption which some fools think is better than Matalo.

I do agree Aquasanta Joe, Execution and The White The Yellow and the Black are poo-poo.[/quote]
hello friend there also many more spaghetti crap i have seen almoust 100
but those whose the worst for me i can’t see not even 15 minutes of those
as for the americans all of them it’s in my bottom list exept

1. red sun
  2. el condor
  3. bad man river
  4. wild bunch
  5. hannie caulder
  6. 100 riflus
  7. the magnificent seven ride

which i have in my collection and i loved them

Ok, here are the results so far:

1. Kid Vengeance (43 points)
  2. Acquasanta Joe (29)
  3. Finders Killers (23)
  4. Red Blood Yellow Gold (21)
  5. Trinity and Sartana Sons of Bitches (20)
  6. God’s Gun (19)
  7. On the third day arrived the crow (18)
    8 ) Return Of Sabata (18)
  8. Night of the Serpent (18)
  9. Bad Man’s River (17)
  10. $20.000 on no.7 (17)
  11. The Man Called Noon (17)
  12. One More to Hell (16)
  13. Law of violence (15)
  14. A Barrel Full of Dollars (15)
  15. Any gun can play (14)
  16. Take a hard ride
  17. God Forgives: His Life Is Mine (14)
    Four of the Apocalypse (14)
    Can be done, amigo (14) [tie]

The results are pretty weird IMO. Let’s hope we can work out the ultimate trash canon durining the next updates

Agreed. If some of these are genuinely the worst some folk have seen they clearly haven’t seen enough!

Come to think of it, I’ve seen a lot more crap since I submitted my list 2 years ago. Guess I should update it.

Old list:

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:25, topic:1486”]1. Two Brothers in a Place called Trinity
2. Cipolla Colt
3. Finders killers
4. Arizona Colt returns
5. Ben and Charley
6. Return of Sabata
7. Four of the Apocalypse
8. A reason to live, a reason to die
9. Tedeum
10. A man called Apocalypse Joe[/quote]

Still stands, except for number 5. Ben & Charley. I rewatched (and reviewed) it, and it turned out to be much better than I remembered.
Don’t know what to put instead, probably Aquasanta Joe, but I don’t remember it very well (saw it once, on VHS, and turned it off, if I’m not mistaken). I wouldn’t put Cipolla Colt in second place now, maybe in 9th or 10th. Biggest surprise on Alk0’s list is N° 16, Any Gun can Play. A good movie imo. A few other movies are also overrated in their ‘badness’. God’s Gun and Kid Vengeance are by no means great, or even good, but they’re better than the bulk of the movies on this list. The’re good bad movies.

Maybe it’s because some of the folks [including me] submited less than 20 movies. Maybe i should change my rating system. I’ll report back later with some new results

I can use the same system used in counting the Top 20 when it comes to lists including 20 films. But what about the ones with only 10 [or less] movies on it? I thought maybe i would rate it that way:
top 20 lists - #1=25 points; #2=21 points; #3=19 points; #4= 17 points and then down to #20=1 point [the top 20 formula already used]
top 10 lists - #1=10 points; #2=9 points etc
less [or more, but less than 20] entries - rated according to the size of the list, for example - top 8 list - #1=8 points; #2=7 points etc

Any opinions or suggestions?

I’d say 20 is the maximum: N° 1: 20 points, N°2: 19 points etc.

For lists with more than 20 titles: only 1-20 get points

For list with less than 20 titles, same system: N° 1 : 20 points.
It wouldn’t be fair to give only 7 or 10 points to the N° 1 of a shorter list. The worst is the worst is the worst.

Ok, sounds fair. I wanted to give less points for the shorter lists to moblize people to post full top 20s, but you’re right. I also found out that i made few mistakes in my calculations, so the next version of the list might look a little bit different

The idea for list of worst sw’s is fun but I don’t think we should make that too serious.

I think it is enough to state how often a film is named.

Making a bottom 20 doesn’t make as much sense as a top 20. Normally people try to watch the well know films and try to avoid the turkeys. I can be sure about my top 20 cause I tried to watch so far every SWs which could be good, but a bottom 20 would be restricted to the few bad SWs I watched by accident.
I can only try to name some of the worst SWs I have seen so far.

Another problem with the films named is that there were also many films named which people were disappointed by, but a film which is disappointing compared to its reputation is not necessarily one the genres true turkeys.
That explains at least why there are also a few good or ok films in the list.

Is Any Gun Can Play really that bad? ??? I rather liked it… Anyway a few I’ve seen that ARE that bad:

1. Return of Shanghai Joe
  2. Di Tresette ce n’è uno tutti gli altri son nessuno
  3. Bad Mans River
  4. Return of Sabata.

All of them with favorite SW actors of mine (George Hilton, Klaus Kinski and LVC) so to pick them they must be bad!

[quote=“sartana1, post:119, topic:1486”]Is Any Gun Can Play really that bad? ??? I rather liked it… Anyway a few I’ve seen that ARE that bad:

1. Return of Shanghai Joe
  2. Di Tresette ce n’è uno tutti gli altri son nessuno
  3. Bad Mans River
  4. Return of Sabata.

All of them with favorite SW actors of mine (George Hilton, Klaus Kinski and LVC) so to pick them they must be bad![/quote]
i like a lot rytern of sabata, bad man river