Vote for our official bottom-20

Yes, the western part about the stagecoach hold up is easily the best part of the film. The rest is an unimaginative melodrama. Bad Carmen …

Extraordinary use of (breath-taking) Almerian landscapes in the introductory sequence…

Well I see me and you have different tastes for some spags.
From your -20 I really like some of them or at least I don’t find them bad.

Minnesota Clay (I love it)
Johnny Yuma (I must rewatch this but I like Mark Damon)
Few Dollars for Django
Viva Django
Killer Kid
Sabata (I prefer the second)
Red Sun (With a smaller lenght it would be better I love all the Bronson’s westerns)

I’m here for comments :).

What running time would you preferred Red Sun to be out of curiosity then ?

What about 10-15 minutes?No more.

[quote=“Ramon Rojo, post:203, topic:1486”]Well I see me and you have different tastes for some spags.
From your -20 I really like some of them or at least I don’t find them bad.

Minnesota Clay (I love it)
Johnny Yuma (I must rewatch this but I like Mark Damon)
Few Dollars for Django
Viva Django
Killer Kid
Sabata (I prefer the second)
Red Sun (With a smaller lenght it would be better I love all the Bronson’s westerns)

I’m here for comments :).[/quote]

Minnesota Clay - main protagonist spoiled it for me big time, he lacks charisma - if there is someone like Milian or Gemma instead of him, i’d say thumbs up
Johnny Yuma - mediocre stuff, i almost overslept during the big gunfight
Few Dollars For Django - well, Steffen - i like the scene when Steffen shot off the sky a dynamite, that was cool, but story didn’t interest me much
Viva Django - from time to time i watch some action scenes from this one, because they are pretty good, but i have to be patient to not even glimpse the scenes with Hill riding a horse - i just can’t take it seriously - fortunately in other SWs Terrence Hill rides a horse like a normal guy again
Killer Kid - same as with Few Dollars For D., minus cool scene with dynamite
Sabata- i don’t comment this, because i had to rewatch it, i saw it with bad dubbing and only 4:3, so on the second view it may climb up
Red Sun - i’m not sure now what i didn’t like, probably weak ending and not much thrill during the film, plus i didn’t like our man Borsalino in this one - i’ll rewatch it too

as i said, i haven’t seen many of those really bad SWs, and also keep in mind that none of these aforementioned films are bad for me, just more or less unsatisfying

Minnesota Clay-I thing Cameron Mitchell is the best for the role.Something unusual.A fat guy with so much problems.Also I like the voluptuous woman in F.Sancho’s side :P.
Johnny Yuma-I agree that it’s a mediocre film but the gunfight ‘‘pay back’’ us.Ok for that.
Viva Django-Hmm it’s better to rewatch that but I remember it as a mediocre one not a crap.
Few Dollars for Django-It’s far away to mentioned it as a really crap movie but I understand your opinion for the plot.
Killer Kid-I don’t like F.Sancho as usual and G.Voyagis but Luisa Baratto is attractive.Also we have there unstoppable action and dynamites have a role as you said.
Sabata-Great supporting act, high killcount and Lee Van Cleef at is best!
Red Sun-I agree for Alain Delon.He is ‘‘out from the water’’ there.As I remember the last 15 minutes there is a lot of action.

I can understand why those movies gives you an unsatisfying taste.Nothing bad in that.

Tomas, I’m surprised you don’t like Johnny Yuma. Apart from the nerving sidekick it has some really good stuff in it. Easily the best of the bunch. Sabata is a goodie too, and Minnesota Clay has its moments

Johnny Yuma is for me normal average SW, there wasn’t any above average stuff - in quality similar to Shoot, Gringo, Shoot or Gemma westerns as Wanted or Adios Gringo
Sabata is on a rewatch list -i’m curious how it will do on a second view - and i’m also curious about Sabata returns

if anyone cares, here’s little extension of my bottom list, from Killer Kid and higher
Ruthless Four is 101. on my list, so as you can see, quite memorable SWs occur around these parts

1. Ruthless Four - Capitani
  2. Five Men Army
  3. Bounty Killer
  4. God´s Gun
  5. Captain Apache #
  6. Any Gun Can Play – Castellari
  7. Un Dollaro Bucato
  8. Texas Adios – Ferdinando Baldi #
  9. Ehi Amigo…Sei Morto – Paolo Bianchini
  10. La Belva – Mario Costa #
    (11. Killer Kid)

There’s a galaxy between Johnny Yuma and Adios Gringo.

Texas Adios is a qualitative one for sure.

really? have to rewatch Yuma too then … but i’d say my opinion won’t change much
what is so good about Johny Yuma anyway? yumanize me

Read the film’s thread …

http://forum.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/topic,682.40.html

Contains some SDishing …

[quote=“Stanton, post:214, topic:1486”]Read the film’s thread …

http://forum.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/topic,682.40.html

Contains some SDishing …[/quote]
Oh my… this is delightful! ;D

yeah, totally - and sartana1968 had few good lines too :smiley:

LOL Sartana either loves a movie or hates it, there is no in-between with him.

sartana1968 is always good for a few laughs…

Yeah, but Sartana isn’t as hardcore as SD… :wink:

SD?..Don’t know who he is or was, don’t care. :wink: