Vote for our official bottom-20

Such good spaghettis listed here!

1 Like

I haven’t made a bottom 20 yet but The Long Ride of Revenge AKA Deadly Trackers should be number one.

You forgot to add For A Few Dollars More.

4 Likes

LOL :rofl:

3 Likes

I could have also appeased you aldo, by including…

Django :scream:

3 Likes

Someone could also analyze this thread

and then compile the ultimate worst bottom 20 list

Capital idea, old bean ! (Watching Terry -Thomas at the moment )

What I find revolutionary is, no mention of Fidani or Steffen anywhere on your list … so I can only assume this is some parallel universe, where Corbucci sucks ass, and Demofilo is Lord of the Dance ! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I think Fidani films are great fun personally. His films deserve a spaghetti western box set from Arrow - The Fidani Collection. It would be a blind buy for me, not sure why people hate his style.
There’s much more boring spaghetti westerns like Lola Colt and Now They Call Him Sacramento. Those films bored the hell out of me whereas Fidani’s films have always entertained.

2 Likes

Yes they can be, if you have the time and patience - but generally people enjoy them for their naivety, or blissful incompetence.

Films that you laugh at, rather than with. You can play the, ‘where does that music originally come from’? game.
Marvel at the endless / pointless extended riding scenes, through quarries and sandpits.
Shriek with delight at the ridiculous dialogue and wooden acting etc, etc.

I would never criticise someone’s enjoyment of a thick slice of ‘Dick Spitfire’ … but I wouldn’t be rushing to buy an Arrow Films style boxset.

Viva Fidani! :grinning:

2 Likes

:rofl: His films are a very finely aged cheese.

3 Likes

I’m replacing, ( Jesse and Lester, Three Silver Dollars and Reverend Colt ) for these three turkeys that i watched over the weekend. ( Bang Bang Kid, Lola Colt and Djurado.)

Bang Bang Kid
Djurado
Lola Colt
El Cisco
Patience has a Limit, We Don’t
Ringo’s Big Night
The Beast
Kid Vengeance
White Apache
They Still Call me Amen
Django Strikes Back
Twilight Avengers
Matalo
Fast Hand his Still My Name
The Return of Clint the Stranger
Alive or Preferably Dead
His Name Was King
Wanted Johnny Texas
The Django Story
The Last Gun

For now… :slightly_smiling_face:

Now The Last Gun appears twice. Did you change your mind about Matalo? :slightly_smiling_face:

Ooops!..my mistake, i’ll fix that.

Thanks, JC.:+1:

I am pleased that nearly no SW on my actual preferred top 20, but a few of the lesser ranked, are included in this thread’s several bottom-20 lists.

Before last June I had only viewed the first 4 Leone SW movies, but since then watched 22 more SW after having mostly used spaghetti-western.net and IMDb as sources for reviews etc.

Of all these 26 watched by me my lowest ranked is The Stranger And The Gunfighter which was included in a Lee Van Cleef collection so I couldn’t easily avoid it totally. There could be a 27th though, since on that same collection Captain Apache is included but which I haven’t watched at all (yet at least) - probably lucky enough judging from different reviews :slight_smile:

After that the less appreciated SWs by me are :

A Sky Full Of Stars For A Roof (Very good Morricone theme)
Run Man Run
Red Sun
Navajo Joe (Very good Morricone theme,exciting Esperanza location mystery)
God’s Gun (Very good Romitelli theme)

So partly thanks to this SW forum I haven’t seen that many bad SWs !

do we have the official bottom top 20 on the swdb proper yet? i think not, what’s our timeline for this?

I don’t know what is my bottom 20 or top 20 or alternate top 20 or whatever… I just don’t have time to do these list but…

some western spag that I found very boring are:

-The Belle Starr Story
-Reverend’s Colt
-Adios Sabata (not really a sabata movie)
-4 Dollars of Revenge (not really a western)
-Man Pride and Vengeance (not really a western either)
-Two Brothers in Trinity

The Long Cavalcade of Vengeance
Now They Call Him Sacramento

I’m going to have a think about my other 18 since I tend to enjoy a lot of trashy spaghettis but these were beyond awful.

Ok, here it is. The list to make your eyes bleed. Well, mine anyway. Post yours as well, if you haven’t done so.

1. Seven Nuns in Kansas City (1973, Zeani)
  2. On the Third Day Arrived the Crow (1973, Crea)
  3. Fat Brothers of Trinity (1973, Ramí­rez)
  4. Trinity & Sartana Dirty SOB’s (1972, Siciliano)
  5. Book of Dollars (1973, Girolami)
  6. Whiskey and Ghosts (1974, Margheriti)
  7. The Belle Starr Story (1968, Wertmüller)
  8. Te Deum (1972, Castellari)
  9. Six Bounty Killers for a Massacre (1973, Lattanzi)
  10. Beyond the Frontiers of Hate (1972, Santini)
  11. Seven Devils on Horseback (1965, Marchent)
  12. $20.000 for a Corpse (1969, Zabalza)
  13. 3 Bullets for Ringo (1966, Salvi)
  14. Cry Onion (1975, Castellari)
  15. Finders Killers (1971, Crea)
  16. Kung-Fu Brothers in the Wild West (1973, Yang)
  17. The Great Adventure (1975, Baldanello)
  18. Django Story (1971, Fidani)
  19. Dallas (1972, Bosch)
  20. White Apache (1986, Fragasso)
2 Likes

I started to watch this late last night
But could only get through about 10 minutes
2 Reasons
First - Quality of video was crappy
I was watching a English Dubbed version on YouTube
Second - I was exhausted from a long day of work and kept dosing off and having to rewind

I Found a better Quality Version (Still on YouTube) This Time Italian with Subs
I actually prefer it this way so I can brush up on my Italian (But that’s another story for another thread)

Hi, we want to revive this thread and finallly create a official bottom-20.
The only real rule, in my opinion, should be that the films of the official top 20 and the follow ups are not allowed to be mentioned. So we are really looking for the absolutely crap of the genre.
Everyone who thinks he saw enough spaghettiwesterns to consider the absolutely worst of them, can post his bottom-20 and hopefully we can finally create this list together!

3 Likes