Viva La Revolucion!

Hi Amigos ! How many revolucion films have ? Last I watched “Say your prayers and dig your grave”… It´s a very good film, R. Woods takes a lead role of a Martir. It´s a shame of final… didn´t like at all, but good film.
And of course Leone´s Duck You, Sucker ! That I´m watching now, this I can´t say anithing about it… Just Superb !!!

Thanks

Duck You Sucker is one of my best, but I know this divides people.

I just think the film gets better each time you watch it, and the music is superb.

I hope extra footage turns up in the future.

There is many Zapata Western, my favorites are of course Duck You Sucker and Companeros,Quien Sabe?,5 man army…

The most serious is Quien sabe?, but the best is Il mercenario, also the most intelligent and therefore one of the greatest Spaghettis ever. Companeros has it’s flaws, but also a great amount of brilliantly handeled scenes.
These 3 are the best but there are some more. I have to think about it.

I have WHAT AM I DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REVOLUTION to watch, so it will be interesting to see what that is like.

One of your best??? It was you who made the movie?? no just kidding, im still waiting for amazon to deliver this one. I love the zapata/revolución westerns. I also enjoyed Tepepa a lot. “he didnt love mexico” ohh great line. for zapata lovers a must see, and milan is superb in it.
And I cannot mention often enough how much I want to see il mercenario.

[quote=“valenciano, post:6, topic:501”]One of your best??? It was you who made the movie?? no just kidding, im still waiting for amazon to deliver this one. I love the zapata/revolución westerns. I also enjoyed Tepepa a lot. “he didnt love mexico” ohh great line. for zapata lovers a must see, and milan is superb in it.
And I cannot mention often enough how much I want to see il mercenario.[/quote]
I did not enjoy Tepepa, I just thought it was a bit standard, nothing special.
The Mercenario is great though, very stylish, and I always remember this movie by the title of a PROFESSIONAL GUN (my old VHS title).

well, i liked tepepa, because the characters are great. The action was also good. Wouldnt compare it with companerso though. but the love and hate connection between milan and the foreigner is good, and could have been a inspiration for companeros, as it was made later. I enjoyed it a lot, will review it soon on tv. But if it was standard to you its okay, different taste, me for example, i didnt enjoy cemetery without crosses, but its in the top 20. so long

Like you say different tastes, as I really like Cemetery Without Crosses (but not one of my best though), just received W DJANGO AND FORT YUMA GOLD today in nice widescreen formats

Revolution-spaghettis are among the best and most interesting sw’s ever made!!

I love The Mercenary and Quien Sabe? , and also Viva la muerte…tua!, a somewhat humorous but also very good revolution-sw!!

Haven’t seen What am I doing in the middle of a revolution, but I’ve heard it’s not one of Corbucci’s better films I’m afraid.

Tepepa is also good and very serious I think, but I have yet to see the restored dvd release, have only seen the old vhs release.

Also the forerunner to political sw’s, euro western Viva Maria, starring french beauty Brigitte Bardot is an interesting film!!

[quote=“Silvanito, post:10, topic:501”]Revolution-spaghettis are among the best and most interesting sw’s ever made!!

I love The Mercenary and Quien Sabe? , and also Viva la muerte…tua!, a somewhat humorous but also very good revolution-sw!!

Haven’t seen What am I doing in the middle of a revolution, but I’ve heard it’s not one of Corbucci’s better films I’m afraid.

Tepepa is also good and very serious I think, but I have yet to see the restored dvd release, have only seen the old vhs release.

Also the forerunner to political sw’s, euro western Viva Maria, starring french beauty Brigitte Bardot is an interesting film!![/quote]
A Bullit For The General is an interesting film, and very popular and widely respected film.

Ahead of its time, and interesting gay relationship undertones, and the music of course is excellent.

Gian M Volante considered this and FACE TO FACE better films than the ones he made with Leone.

I wonder if extra footage may turn up in the future for this film?

nice topic, the revolution or zapata westerns are among my favorites!

the big names in this subgenre have already been mentioned, I just like to add the Five Man Army, great movie with some good action. There are several more, less well-known entries in the genre, like Quintana, which was released on German DVD. Duello nel Texas has a fight between revolutionaries and the Federales early on in the movie, but for the rest it’s a non-zapata western. There are some pretty good American westerns set in the Mexican Revolution-era: 100 Rifles, Villa Rides, and of course the Banderas-movie ‘…and Pancho Villa as Himself.’

Companeros is the best one IMO. I didn’t like The Mercenary very much, I liked What Am I Doing In the Middle of the Revolution and I hated W Django.

Is W Django a revolution SW? You mean Killer Kid?

No I mean W Django. It’s not your usual revolution western because it isn’t about the revolution but some people call it a revolution SW because it’s set in the right time and has a scene with Anthony Steffen blowing away soliders from the Mexican army.

I have never heard anyone calling W Django a revolution western. If a few Mexican soldiers are enough reason, then many, many SWs are Zapatas. FoD e.g.

Ennioo called W Django a revolution western in this thread.

I was rambling off topic at what dvd’s I had received at the time re W Django, and that reminds me I have never watched this film and I bought the DVD in 2007 :o .

A misunderstanding then.

AND BTW: Why do you hate W Django? How dare you!