Viva Django / Django, Prepare a Coffin / Preparati la bara! (Ferdinando Baldi, 1968)

Love this one, I rated 5/5.

Iā€¦Iā€¦Idiot has posted his first review for the database on this one.

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Preparati_la_Bara!_Review

Always nice to have some new blood among the contributors :slight_smile:

Good work,Iā€¦Iā€¦Idiot
I enjoyed reading

Welcome to the review club, brother ;).
Nice review, but I donā€™t see whatā€™s gothic about it.

Weā€™ve been down this discussion road before.

Thanks guys. I learned that itā€™s not easy to review a movie. I actually re watched it while I was writing it. I also watched it closer than usual. I might do some more if you guys enjoyed it.

Silence, the many cemetery scenes, the executioner clad in black, the fact that his minions sort of haunt those who have wronged them are some of the ā€˜gothicā€™ elements that I feel embody the film. Itā€™s my opinion & my review soā€¦ I Win! :slight_smile:

Yes, that is gothic.

nice work Idiot, a solid first review

I would agree that it has a gothic feel, which is one of the reasons it makes my top 20

[quote=ā€œautephex, post:47, topic:65ā€]nice work Idiot, a solid first review

I would agree that it has a gothic feel, which is one of the reasons it makes my top 20[/quote]

Which is one of the reasons that you are smart!

Does that make me an iā€¦iā€¦idiot ;)?

Soon Iā€™ll be posting a review on this one in my blog too. In my opinion apart from Franco Neroā€™s role this is the best Django that we get. Not brilliant but very commendably.

His hat is too small

Nice review of Ballato per un Pistolero, just read it
One of my favourite ā€˜minor spaghettisā€™, I especially like Infante and his interplay with Ghidra

[quote=ā€œscherpschutter, post:51, topic:65ā€]His hat is too small

Nice review of Ballato per un Pistolero, just read it
One of my favourite ā€˜minor spaghettisā€™, I especially like Infante and his interplay with Ghidra[/quote]

;D
Thanks. Yes I like it too. Perhaps it deserved some wider recognition.
By the way, the following spags on analysis there, will be all based on so called Django movies.

I think Prepare a Coffin has more flaws than merits.

It could easily had become a good SW, and itā€™s a shame it isnā€™t one, but Baldi mostly spoils it. Some good scenes are in it though. 5/10

The story has some major weaknesses and the settings (for example the hideout) are partly quite inadequate.

[quote=ā€œStanton, post:53, topic:65ā€]I think Prepare a Coffin has more flaws than merits.

It could easily had become a good SW, and itā€™s a shame it isnā€™t one, but Baldi mostly spoils it. Some good scenes are in it though. 5/10[/quote]
Even my parents liked this one ;D!

Yea, because thereā€™s Terence Hill in it :wink:

I share some thoughts posted here but still it deserves a special place in my Django collection. Those who can read some Portuguese, might go there and find out why:

According to what Iā€™ve read about the making of this film, this must have been Hillā€™s 1st SW. But God Forgives was released 3 months earlier. And Little Rita (in which Hill had a smaller role) 5 months earlier.

Any informations about this?

This was not its first role in a spag, thats for sure. Here:

http://www.budterence.tk/filmterence.php

Yes, as I said, it wasnā€™t the first released, but maybe it was shot first. There is talk that they made the change from Girotti to Hill for this film.