Vengeance / Joko, invoca Dio … e muori (Antonio Margheriti, 1968)

If you want the X Rated version don’t look for their release of Vengeance, but rather their release of Gun for a Hundred Graves with PLL, it comes with Vengeance as a bonus feature.

But that one has only german audio, I think. 2-disc version (second disc is a trailer compilation) has 2 versions of the film, german and english. But like I said, the english version looks really bad.
Is the Image ent. dvd really cut? Qualitywise it’s the best out there.

Isn’t it also the most expensive one by far?

[quote=“Bill san Antonio, post:122, topic:302”]But that one has only german audio, I think. 2-disc version (second disc is a trailer compilation) has 2 versions of the film, german and english. But like I said, the english version looks really bad.
Is the Image ent. dvd really cut? Qualitywise it’s the best out there.[/quote]

I didn’t think the Image Entertainment DVD was cut, either. Now I’m not so sure. It would be good if someone could compare and contrast to see what the X-rated edition has that the Image Entertainment release doesn’t.

I thought that the Code Red dvd was the best so far?

Maybe but the colors are weirdly bluish (check the screenshots on previous page) also the database states it has 81 minute running time, if that’s true it’s heavily cut.

Code Red runs 100:09 vs Image’s 100:13.

The Code Red disc runs 100:14 for me… it looks the best easily, imo… and theres more information on the left of the screen

Ok, sounds good. I will correct the info on db.

Just watched this one again. I think it will always remain in my top 20. For me, this is one of the best spaghetti westerns ever made.

Definately one of the best of the genre. I could do with an upgrade for this one as i only have it on vhs.

I have the Guild VHS tape and the Image Entertainment DVD.

i have the old 4front video tape, its a decent enough print but id like to get hold of the dvd.

Spaghetti number 2 for my Father’s Day viewing was Vengeance. Another one I hadn’t watched in a while and still enjoyed plenty. Particularly like the opening and closing scenes although some in the middle drag a little bit. Not a perfect film by any means but still a very solid Spag.

It has got the same atmosphere definateiy

It’its in my top 10, love the atmosphere of this movie, thought Margheriti did a great job, also Claudio camaso as Mendoza the genius was a wonderful villain

I agree. It’s number 8 on my top 20 list. Absolutely fantastic film. It’s just a pity that it’s expensive to buy. I paid £20 for the image DVD. It was worthy every penny but it’s going for more than that now.

Here’s my old UK tape:

1 Like

here’s mine mate ,had the VHS years

Nice, was not on my list to get, but do like that cover !

1 Like

Does anybody have the hardbox DVD with the English title for sale?