[UK/FR/Germany] MGM Fistful of Dynamite SE

So the German SE is definitely 100% free of UK animal cruelty cuts (damn hippies ;))?

Todesmelodie means Death Melody? That sounds almost as cool as Duck You Sucker. 8)

EDIT: Nevermind, I found my answer in Sebastian’s post this thread[url]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,47.0.html[/url]. Cheers Seb.

YEah it is called “Todesmelodie” in relation to “Once Upona Time in the West” which is called “Spiel mir das Lied vom Tod” in Germany, which means something like “play the song of death for me”…

[quote=“Sebastian, post:22, topic:97”]in relation to “Once Upona Time in the West” which is called “Spiel mir das Lied vom Tod” in Germany, which means something like “play the song of death for me”…[/quote]That title is utterly bad-arse. 8)

the sound is a bit bad at times. it varies. at most parts the film sounds pretty awesome but then there are scenes that sound quite bad

[quote=“Ste_300, post:7, topic:97”]Yeh, like i said in another thread this is a good edition.

I can’t for the life of me uderstand this ending though. Where the girl kisses both guys.[/quote]
Apparently Leone wanted to emphasize the fact that there was some kind of love triangle,not that it mattered that much, maybee that’s part of the reason why David Warbeck was blown away, grassing Coburn up to the authorities so he can have the girl himself… who knows?

yeah there might’ve been a grudge involved… or envy etc…

Does anyone know if there are still plans to release this Special Edition in the US and Canada?

The old US version is at least 20 minutes shorter, and the US TV version is usually cut even more.

I’ve gotta see this one full length!

they are slated for blue ray releases

[quote=“Mortimer, post:27, topic:97”]Does anyone know if there are still plans to release this Special Edition in the US and Canada?

The old US version is at least 20 minutes shorter, and the US TV version is usually cut even more.

I’ve gotta see this one full length![/quote]
Does anyone know what version the U.S. laserdisc is because it says that it is uncut on the cover?

Hi Seb
what do you reckon, blue ray or HD?
if the past is anything to go by i reckon HD, sony lost with Betamax (even though it was better quality than vhs) and mini discs didn’t really take off.
I have an xbox360 and it’s getting a HD drive soon.

I don’t know what to do!!! ???

That’s easy! Do what I do. Don’t go near any new technology whatsoever for 5 to 10 years! By that time it will be established or have failed. Luddites rule!!!

stick to DVD :wink:
if you don’t have the equipment to make full use of HD or BluRay (i.e. a fucking awesome HDTV and a really good audio equipment), it’s not worth it anyway, yet…

Ordered this one from amazon, after waiting months on it, they sent me today a mail, that it is out of stock. And the single edition now costs 20€. that sucks. Is that a reason to edit the dvd page for this movie?

Yep, I got the exact same email from them today as well valenciano, it’s one of my favourite films and even though I’ve got the UK edition I was willing to fork out the cash for the few extra seconds on the gold version. :frowning:

And that where i´m normally a big amazon fan. normally i dont trust this internet ordering stuff, but amazon never disappointed me before. so i might actually walk to the store, crazy idea. I havent seen it so far, but love to.

Are there any differences between Gold Edition and Special “Steelbook” Edition except the case? And does SE DVD have Croatian subtitles as Scandinavian release?
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Vaso

i think it is the same as the gold edition because the discs have 2005 on them.

The steelbook edition does have Croatian if it is called Kroatish?, sounds right to me but you can never be sure.

This is the German steelbook i have so i wouldn’t know if the Scandinavian one was the same, why not just order it from Germany. :slight_smile:

@Yodlaf Peterson
Thanks a lot for your replay.
Yes, Kroatish is Croatian in German language.
My shopping options in Germany and Austria are extremely limited. Amazon.de has exorbitant P&P costs (13,00EUR) per disc for sending to my country although it is in Europe.

[quote=“djvaso, post:38, topic:97”]@Yodlaf Peterson
Thanks a lot for your replay.
Yes, Kroatish is Croatian in German language.
My shopping options in Germany and Austria are extremely limited. Amazon.de has exorbitant P&P costs (13,00EUR) per disc for sending to my country although it is in Europe.[/quote]

I got mine one of a geman ebay seller, it was quite dear e17.99 but the postage was only e6 and that was to England and Croatia is nearer i think.

This is a great movie, but I’ve come to question whether this movie really qualifies as a western.

1. Takes place in 1910’s.
  2. The two main characters aren’t american
  3. It takes place mostly in mexico, not the american south west.
  4. No ranches, cowboys, saloons etc…
  5. Some of the scenes take place in an urban setting
  6. Not to many horses, but it does have alot of Tanks, motorcycles and machine guns

Can we really classify this as a western? it seems more like a period war movie to me than a western.