Two Violent Men / I due violenti / Los rurales de Texas (Primo Zeglio, 1964)

(chameleon) #1

I’m curious about this early spag!.. Has anyone seen it? Any good?

(Silence) #2

Looks pretty good, but what the hell was the part with the guy with a traschcan on his head about?

Database link:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Rurales_de_Texas,_Los

(Reverend Danite) #3

[quote=“chameleon, post:1, topic:2974”]I’m curious about this early spag!.. Has anyone seen it? Any good?

I’ve just dug this one out Brother Chameleon and I intend to watch it soon.
However - the version I got ain’t nothing like the quality of that youtube clip - mine’s fullscreen so there’s stuff missing at the sides.
Mind you - I’ve seen worse quality, and on first impressions it looks ok as a story.
I’ll get back to ya…

(Tigrero) #4

Watched this one this morning.
It was so un-spaghetti I thought I’d better doublecheck it is actually a SW. Unlike lots of other early SWs Two Violent Men is not at all ground breaking. On the contrary (in my opinion) it has a very old fashioned feel even for it’s day. It is an Italian/Spanish co-production but feels and sounds very, very American . I wouldn’t think it would be to the Rev’s likin’ or to anyone elses who likes 'em mean and gritty and not over wordy but I am a man of simple pleasures so was quite entertained for an hour and half.
Think I will give it a 5/10.

(Tigrero) #5

Spooky Rev.
Aint seen ya for months. Aint been on here for months. This thread aint been posted on for months.
Then I watch it and post at same time as you.
Must be an act of GOD.

(Me and the Rev been mates for about 33 years)

(Reverend Danite) #6

[quote=“Tigrero, post:5, topic:2974”]Spooky Rev.

Must be an act of GOD.

(Me and the Rev been mates for about 33 years)[/quote]

That is spooky Tigger - dunno about an act of God though - I think darker forces may be at play, after all ‘tis All Hallow’s Eve’.
33 years eh!? Spooky in itself :wink:

I lied… It’s back in the box!

(p.pereira) #7

I’ve seen this one in the past days. I think it is a good exempl of early spaghetti western, with lots of influences from American westerns (the theme song for example seems robbed from The Magnificent Seven) , but still well directed.

(p.pereira) #8

Here some screens from the spanish tvrip: