Trinity and Sartana Are Coming / Trinità e Sartana figli di … (Mario Siciliano, 1972)

The character played by Gilberto Galimberti (one of the three cantina brawlers) is not named Willie, the error comes from IMDb.

Yes probably, he is not named in the English version, but with different dubs one does not always know for certain :slight_smile:. Sabbatini’s stage guard is called Willy, however.

Well, I’ve just seen it. Not proud of myself, quite on the contrary, I feel quite tired, to say the least. Despite having a fairly good production design, the film doesn’t have anything of worth to present to its audience. Sure, the story is there, but it functions more like a pretext to embark on this senseless orgy of slapsticks and extremely awkward quips and gags that are as unimaginative as they come. The tale basically follows from one scene to another, but only in order to introduce some more infantile ineptitude in the form of these exceedingly one-dimensional, tasteless sketches. The film is about as incisive in its wittiness as fart or belching jokes can ever be which is what it all boils down to.

This is an awful excuse for a comedy that mostly provides the worst kind of juvenile humor you could possibly imagine and never really manages to generate any kind of interest, becoming one of the most grueling film experiences in recent memory. It’s practically an unwatchable mess marred by its complete paucity of originality or redeeming qualities of any sort. There was virtually no point at which I was amused or entertained by this fatuous piece of reeking shite. To avoid at all costs.

1/10

1 Like

LOL … I bet there’s someone out there who’ll defend it or say, “it’s one of my favourites”, in an attempt to get attention :rofl:

1 Like

I just realized I’ve seen this! I’m always confused with these trinity figli shit titles. Well, it’s garbage, but not ubergarbage. If you think this is bottom of the genre :-D, see Fat Brothers Of Trinity. You wouldn’t believe your eyes.

2 Likes

Don’t get me started. The mere fact that this thing lasts for roughly 100 effing minutes is a challenge in and of itself. I wanted to give it 2/10 because it looked like a moderately professional production, but then I reflected that there was nothing remotely interesting about this thing and that I practically hated all of it. This is why I stick with 1/10.

No, no, no, no, no, stop making it sound interesting, Just stop…

1 Like

So, I decided to make this my first spaghetti for the New Year (although I did start watching it on the 31st). Unlike most people here, I actually really enjoyed it and got quite a few laughs out of it. I wasn’t even drunk and only started drinking during the second half for the new year. I went into this with the assumption that I was about to be subjected to something terrible but I’ll definitely give it a another watch since it was good light-hearted entertainment. I guess I just have terrible taste since I also seem to be the only one here who loves Finders Killers. Trinity and Sartana gets a 3/5 from me.