Top 20 Spaghetti Western Songs

It did cross my mind but you played the part of the fool so perfectly. And I’m kidding now of course :slight_smile:

Well played.

Good to hear. The reason I react so ‘strong’ is that these songs are actually such an integral part of my enjoyment of the movies. This whole discussion really borders on blasphemy :slight_smile:

Damn right.

Blasphemy doesn’t even get close to this kind of heresy. Excommunication is the only answer. Possibly followed by a bit of burning at the stake.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’m no plumber :flushed:[quote=“stanton, post:57, topic:2508”]
the lyrics of Django are terrible, very, very terrible.
[/quote]

They are not great lyrics, but not that bad. The after the showers part is certainly very out of place, I agree on that.

For me the A Pistol for Ringo song is the genre’s number one over the top ballad. Seems I have a weak spot for these songs. (I like some songs I wouldn’t even think of mentioning.) On the other hand I have a weak stomach for some other genre clichés: saloon brawls, slobbering, slurping, grinning Mexicans, shooting the pistol out of the opponent’s hand (or even the holster loose from the gun belt :scream:), and arranged shooting practices.

We need a reason to burn Stanton at the stake??

EDIT Hang on, Stanters gave me a “Like”. Let’s burn Phil H instead, for sh!ts and giggles.

I really gave you a “like”? When, Where, Why …

I only remember giving Morgan a “like” for his unbelievably great (but totally wrong) assumption that I like nothing.

Now don’t be a bastard and take it away again, it’s already one of my most prized possessions…

Ah Stanton. You old softy you. :joy:

Jesus, how could that happen?

It must either be a fake or my unconscious self did this … I’m … I’m … kinda inculpable … really … or not …

2 Likes

He he, LOL!..By the way, how comes there’s not a dislike feature, i’m sure i would get a few of those.:smiling_imp:

I really hate to lose that exclusive privilege. :grimacing:

hehe, I was thinking just the same yesterday. Well, I don’t really hate it but let’s say it’s the only thing I don’t like in otherwise perfect CWC.

1 Like

Indeed. The rest of the music in Cemetery Without Crosses is fantastic; very melancholy, and perfectly suited to the material.

I’d love to get the full soundtrack but I think it’s only available on a rare Italian LP?

SACRILEGE! To the guillotine with ye!

In all honesty it really is a weird addition to a film that’s deals with such heavy topics.

I’m also beggining to agree with Stanton now, as much as I love Django’s main theme, the song is a little out of place in such a gritty and violent film.

1 Like

But Django’s music is used differently, it sounds too cheerful and out of place in the beginning but that makes the impact stronger when the song is played again in the end. It’s one of the most powerful endings in any film I know. Ruggero Deodato (who was also assistant director in Django) has used music in similar ways in his films.

Cannibal Holocaust for sure.

That film has my #1 favourite SW score, I’m quite obsessed with it.

Does it get any better than Don Powell? The man can sell a cheesy song and make it come to life. Laredo and Rocks Blood and Sand are probably my favorites.

Aldo, La Belva has the same opening song but the song around 5:05 in Law of Violence doesn’t seem to be in La Belva. At 5:05 in LOV it sounds like kind of a slow but powerful, twangy song. I was thinking Tarantino reused it somewhere.

Sorry, I don’t recognise that part at all … a mystery ! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like