Lee van Cleef
Gianni Garko
Jack Palance
Klaus Kinski
Tomas Milian
Gian maria Volonte
George Hilton
Eduardo Fajardo

jean louis trintignant, play only one movie how i will mention him? and he not even spoke!

[quote=“Dorado, post:83, topic:721”]Clint Eastwood
Franco Nero
Lee van Cleef
Gianni Garko
Jack Palance
Klaus Kinski
Tomas Milian
Gian maria Volonte
George Hilton
Eduardo Fajardo[/quote]
cool list!

[quote=“sartana1968, post:79, topic:721”]gianni garko
lee van cleef
clint eastwood
william berger
aldo sambrell
horst frank
anthony steffen
george hilton
franco nero
fernando sancho[/quote]
also some good names: piero lulli, eduardo fajardo, claus kinski, raf baldassare, bud spencer
charles bronson, anthony ghidra, luigi pistili, benito stefanelli, nello pazafini, gian maria volonte

talking was not necessary. His performance was great. By the way, can you explain to me why you don’t like any of the others?

they don’t have anything special like those i write

Top Ten Spaghetti Western Actors not in order of preference:

1. Lee Van Cleef
  2. Clint Eastwood
  3. Franco Nero
  4. George Hilton
  5. Giuliano Gemma
  6. Anthony Steffen
  7. Gianni Garko
  8. Peter Martell
  9. Robert Woods
  10. Tomas Milian

[quote=“Tom B., post:89, topic:721”]8) Peter Martell[/quote]Haha!

Why them in particular? They’re not really that amazing, imo… though Peter Martel was great in Forgotten Pistolero.

Have to give mine an update:

1.) Clint Eastwood - I always try to avoid the obvious choice but there’s no denyin’ that Clint is the best.
2.) Giuliano Gemma - He always delivers wonderful performances and manages to be like-able despite his boyish good looks.
3.) George Hilton - He has quite the range as a Spaghetti Western actor. Can play many things from dark and brooding to lightly comic and smart assedly sarcastic.
4.) Franco Nero - Has a great look for the genre with great charisma and range.
5.) Robert Woods - Although his best performances are quite theatrical and hammy, he’s still quite good and very likable. Or not in some cases (Black Jack).
6.) Anthony Steffen - His acting isn’t as sharp as others but when I see his name on a film, I know I’m in for some fun.
7.) Lee Van Cleef - His underacting roles are pretty well done and he’s also fun in his hammier roles (El Condor). Just oozes coolness.
8.) Tomas Milian - Although I find myself increasingly annoyed with his performances today, I still like a lot of his roles and he also has that feeling of the great 50’s method actors: Montgomery Clift, James Dean, Marlon Brando, and maybe a pinch of John Cassavetes
9.) Tony Anthony - An actor with an obviously strong control over his films. Developed a fun little Chaplinesque character in the Stranger. Good underplayed performances.
10.) Fabio Testi - His Spaghetti output was minimal but he, like Nero, had a good face for the genre and had a healthy range in his performances.

That’w personal tastes, i would say. For my part, I cannot understand what in your opinion makes Aldo Sambrel so remarkable.

it was his best performance, i absolutely agree

i somehow think they did manage to capture very well the atmosphere of the film and of their role.

aldo sambrell play sooo many roles in the spaghetti world!!

a wise proverb says that the quantity has nothing to do with the quality.

don’t forget this one (-:

I think I will change my list a bit.
These are not necessarily in order of preference.

1. Franco Nero
  2. Clint Eastwood
  3. Gianni Garko
  4. Lee Van Cleef
  5. Giuliano Gemma
  6. Anthony Steffen
  7. Robert Woods
  8. Gian Maria Volonte
  9. Craig Hill
  10. Tomas Milian

I could probably name another 10 actors that I like as well as some of the ones listed above. But, the criteria for this list was a “top 10”, so I just put down 10 names.
Also, I think it is important to realize that any such lists are always subject to the personal taste of the list’s creator.

Have you ever met Franco Nero Chris out of curiosity ?