Today We Kill … Tomorrow We Die! / Oggi a me … domani a te! (Tonino Cervi, 1968)

You can call me pedantic but it bugs me when, as is usually the case, modern playing cards show up in Italian westerns. There are also 1960s Italian (Astor) one armed bandits in I Am Sartana Your Angel of Death.

1 Like

Pedantic. :wink:

Then I shall wear my pedantic pendent pedant pendant with pride.

Colonel Mortimer reads the El Paso Tribune, June 15, 1872 and we see this card game in For A Few Dollars More. But I believe numbers only starting appearing on cards in the 1870s, and the cards had squared edges, not round…

1 Like

With a few exceptions, here is an example (this U.S. publisher was active until 1871)

http://a.trionfi.eu/WWPCM/decks16/d14757/d14757.htm

Yes, clearly there were several exceptions to both those ‘rules’: 13: Some North American Cards — The World of Playing Cards
Still, the cards used in FAFDM look too modern.

I always enjoy seeing the prop money, obviously made on a 3rd rate or state of the art machine, for it’s time. :wink:

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format. Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

Give your rating for Today We Kill Tomorrow We Die. New poll is open for this one on the original post at the top of the page. :arrow_up: :+1: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@cuchillosancheez
So I found two editions, I have entered what I was able to find online, please let me know if there needs to be corrections or additions:
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Oggi_a_me…_domani_a_te!/DVD#Hungary

I actually do not own this and I haven´t seen the film. The reason I have some Spaghettis on dvd is because I am half Hungarian and visit relatives over there, but I live in Norway. However, looking at various Hungarian websites, the aspect ratio seems to be 1.78:1, length is 105 minutes and no subtitles. Granted, some places they claim that it is 91 (as claimed in the DB). I guess the question is if there actually exists a 105 minute version (unless this is some PAL thing). Sorry I couln´t be of more help (I am going to Budapest on vacation, so if I come across this version, I will make sure to get it).

1 Like

The Nordic Blu-ray I have comes in at just under 91 minutes. In case you’re interested in trying to find that one at some point, it does have Swedish, Danish, Finnish and Norwegian subtitles if that makes a difference to you.

Thanks. Yes I have seen that one here in Norway. I was mainly trying to help Seb with filling out the forum, but I might actually get this film as I havn´t seen it. I´d try to listen to the English audio, but Norwegian subtitles in case I did not catch the dialogue is nice.

Never heard of such, the 91 min runtime is more likely, as it correspondents to the 95 min Blus, which are supposed to be uncut.
The Pal speed-up is 4 %, and by that the 91 mins are equal to the 95 mins of the German Blu.

This is the correct runtime, the same cannot be said of course for the 1080i50 Scandinavian Blu-ray.

the soul media disc is 1080i ? ew