Time of Vultures / Il tempo degli avvoltoi (Nando Cicero, 1967)

Oh and what exactly was the composer trying to do? This might be the least fitting score in a spaghetti western I’ve heard yet, plus it’s just not very good.

i saw the trailer and the movie looks very good i hope wild east re-released it

Certainly not! :wink:

I can’t understand why, but the name of the character played by George Hilton (and also alternate name of Alberto dell’Acqua) derives from the novel Out of Africa (1937), where Kitosch is the name of a disobedient African servant. Strangely in Django il bastardo Luciano Rossi is credited as Lou Kamante, name of another character from the novel!!!

I don’t like this Western. It’s boring and there are not many good moments. But the End is good !
At the moment 3/10 for me. But I must say, my German Version runs only 85 min. Mayby is the film uncut better.

You are right, I own the uncut Cecchi Gori DVD (91m 30s PAl, equivalent to 95) and this SW by Nando Cicero is anything but full of noteworthy sequences: in my opinion only the scene regarding Traps (Maria Grazia Marescalchi) and the unexpected finale are rather interesting.

The title is very good if makes reference to the ending!

george hilton remind me a lot his character in ‘any gun can play’

Just watched this one, because several others seemed to have done that recently
I’ll be working on a review the next few days

I’m with I love you M.E. Kay on this one : there are a lot of interesting ideas, but the film doesn’t live up to its potential. A better director would’ve made much more of the premise. First half hour is a waste of time, then the story picks up (a little) and the conclusion is fine.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/852/vlcsnap2011051213h25m00.png/

[size=12pt]http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Last_of_the_Badmen_Review[/size]

Waiting for a better english language print to Kitosch, the Man Who Came from the North.

I’d like to see that too, but the version on CG is so awful that I didn’t download it. Cine City has a DVDr, but says it’s far from good (probably the same source as CG)

Have viewed the poor print in the past but of course does the film no justice.

thank you for the great review scherpschutter i waiting a long time for this :smiley:

Yep, great review, disappointing film.

disapointed film?? i haven’t seen it yet ???

It’s full of good ideas, I love Frank Wolff and the character he plays, but the execution is quite mediocre. Not bad, but could have been so much better with the right director.

Hilton is even another film Kitosch, the ladies’ man!

“Kitosch, the Man Who Came from the North” is a different Film, but the same Role for Hilton…

Maybe a sequell? Directed in the same year, but more spanisch…

Well, it is entertaining. At least Cicero’s best SW of the 3 he made. Twice a Judas and Red Blood, Yellow Gold are somehow forgettable.

I would like to see an uncut version. Mine runs only 84 min. What version have you reviewed Scherp?

[quote=“SWreggie, post:36, topic:939”]Hilton is even another film Kitosch, the ladies’ man!

“Kitosch, the Man Who Came from the North” is a different Film, but the same Role for Hilton…

Maybe a sequell? Directed in the same year, but more spanisch…[/quote]

Kitosch was the first. Released in March and TotV in August 67.

Ok, than was Time of Vultures oriented by kitosch… But why, not the best Movie? The same producers involved, ore something other???

[quote=“Stanton, post:37, topic:939”]Well, it is entertaining. At least Cicero’s best SW of the 3 he made. Twice a Judas and Red Blood, Yellow Gold are somehow forgettable.

I would like to see an uncut version. Mine runs only 84 min. What version have you reviewed Scherp?[/quote]

A fandub of the Italian DVD, runs a little over 90 minutes
The image quality is good, but not perfect. Some of the movements aren’t fluent, a bit jumpy. I’ll see if I can make a copy. I’ve had problems with making copies lately, so maybe I have to install a new program first

My expectations were a bit too high maybe, I didn’t think it was great, but it’s above average (and the ending is good, which always makes you think more positive about a movie)