Tiger from River Kwai / La tigre venuta dal fiume Kwai (Franco Lattanzi, 1975)

has anyone seen this its one of my favorites its an incedibly pathetic production made without any talent i laugh my guts out everytime i watch this one i truly recomend it to anyone in to bad movies you wont believe your eyes

Database page: Tigre venuta dal fiume Kwai, La - The Spaghetti Western Database

Database link:
https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Tigre_venuta_dal_fiume_Kwai%2C_La

Is this some sort of kung fu-spaghetti?

[quote author=Silvanito link=topic=431.msg4955#msg4955 date=1155855824]
Is this some sort of kung fu-spaghetti?
[/quote[quote=ā€œSilvanito, post:3, topic:389ā€]Is this some sort of kung fu-spaghetti?[/quote]
In a way yes, i havenā€™t seen it for about 8 - 10 years, i thought it wasnā€™t too bad and good olā€™ George Eastman is in it.
I sold my tape as i got a good price for it, i just hope it comes out again on dvd.

That movie will probably never come out on DVD ! One of the worst, if not THE worst SW !!!

Have a look at ā€˜Trash-Westernsā€™ !!!

Like I said earlier in the last western watched topic: this one really sucks. So awful in every way, poor looking locations, bad acting and directing and most notably the worst dubbing I have heard in any film. Itā€™s a kung fu western but even the kung fun scenes are very badly made. Music is also quite terrible, it tries to imitate oriental music but fails and is very unfitting for western.

But Django the Bastard has a point here, fans of ultra bad films will probably enjoy it because it has some very funny scenes. One particular scene which is meant to be dramatic as the villains are killing their hostage but the awfully dubbed whining of a hostage makes it hilariously funny.

Thatā€™s what I like about those movies, theyā€™re often unintentionally funny ! Sometimes hilarious stuff !!!

[quote=ā€œBluntwolf, post:5, topic:389ā€]That movie will probably never come out on DVD ! One of the worst, if not THE worst SW !!![/quote]Too bad Cā€™est La Vie is no longer releasing dvdā€™s. If I remember correctly this one was actually on their list of forthcoming titles.

iā€™m sure Cā€™est La Vie stopped producing their dvd range a number of years ago,i too regret they never got a chance to release all spaghetti western titles,there was some gems amongst them.

Such as?

Hereā€™s the whole list of their announced titles which were never released.

Johnny Gold
Mutiny at fort Sharp
Fury of the apaches
Man called Amen
And they smelled the dangerous scent of dollars
No Room to Die
Ringo, itā€™s massacre time
Young guns go west
Kitosch, man from the north
Panhadle caliber .38
On the third day arrived the crow
The Law of violence
Tiger from River Kwai

So, some gems and rarirites but also some great stinkers.

I only encountered (and purchased):
Acquasanta Joe
Sartana in the valley of death (on its way)
Some dollars for Django
Vengeance Trail

Those others seem pretty rare, or were perhaps on their ā€˜forthcomingā€™ list?

[quote=ā€œBad Lieutenant, post:12, topic:389ā€]Those others seem pretty rare, or were perhaps on their ā€˜forthcomingā€™ list?[/quote]Yep, those were never released. Too bad, Iā€™d like to see such a obscure titles released on a dvd too.

There are a few interesting titles there. Makes you wonder why they went with some of the ones they did first.

Very poor production values and a real bad english dub make this a real trash western :D.

UUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHhh

Where to startā€¦[sigh]

First of all, some of the horribly dubbed henchmen call Tiger a Thailander which is the incorrect word for a person who hails from Thailand. Itā€™s Thai not Thailese or er. My cousin is married to a Thai woman and I definetly know. Oh, and some even pronounce it Thigh-lander!

Some scenes are shocking. When the China man throughs the needles into the bad guys hands, they ponder seeing a doctor. For real!? I couldnā€™t tell if this was a joke or not.

TERRIBLE dubbing. Maybe they thought the audience was too stupid to recognize who to root for. The orientals have the cliched half English. While the baddies have a gurgling high low pitched sound. And since Eastman is supposed to be the anti hero, he is dubbed with the dead pan like many of the classics on;y the dubber is simply readiing from the script and giving only a slightly menacing tone. No talent at all. And Eastman, top billed, is wasted in a poor performance (sorry Georgie) and nothing more than an elongated cameo. I felt like quiting once they got rid of his character. Mitchell mugs it up way too much. por costumes except maybe for Eastman even if he does look a little retro. They only gave extras vests and shirts with cheap hats. What is this?! THE 30ā€™s!?

Bad 70ā€™s music. Absolutley 100% lacking of any possible Spaghetti atmosphere. Not even any familiar faces beyond Eastman and Mitchell. Even if Nello Pazzafini was in this, it mght have been better.

The fights are sooooooooo frequent and long and poorly filmed you almost donā€™t know there even happening. Sure the gunplay is violent with squibs but it is few and far between. I even saw a telephone wire transformer in the out of focus background.

Bad haircuts, its just bad.

I almost forgot.

I DONā€™T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHO YOU ARE WHAT YOUR OPINION IS!

THIS IS THE WORST SPAGHETTI WESTERN EVER MADE! ENTERTAINING OR NOT!

IF YOU DISAGREEā€¦FUCK YOU AND YOUR OPINION! :wink:

Just have to etch it in stone.

A Thailander is no doubt a Thai living in Central Scotland, or his offspring
[size=5]
[/URL] [size=5]+[/size]

=[/size]

[url]http://img19.imageshack.us/i/highlander1.jpg/

Thailander is wrong, but China man is right?

Oh, yeah: Fuck you too :wink:

[quote=ā€œkorano, post:17, topic:389ā€]I almost forgot.

I DONā€™T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHO YOU ARE WHAT YOUR OPINION IS!

THIS IS THE WORST SPAGHETTI WESTERN EVER MADE! ENTERTAINING OR NOT!

IF YOU DISAGREEā€¦FUCK YOU AND YOUR OPINION! :wink:

Just have to etch it in stone.[/quote]
I have to see it! I simply have to see this fucking movie! :smiley: