Those Dirty Dogs / Campa carogna … la taglia cresce (Giuseppe Rosati, 1973)

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Vier_Teufelskerle_DVD_Rezension

I agree with just about everybody’s comments, so I’ll just mention the machine-gun and the RPG-launcher in the Civil War time-frame. Both scenes were unnecessary. Lit dynamite flung from a bolo would’ve been better. If Garko ‘invented’ unusual weapons as a hobby, show the audience before the weapons are put-to-use. Otherwise, why not show a flamethrower, etc., as well? 7-out-of-10.

Boyd does nothing for me in this one. Garko is quirky, but should have been in the film more by getting rid of Boyd. Its a very mixed film, and one which does not really work most of the time for this viewer.

Viewed in widescreen for the first time, enjoy it a lot mainly for the action and the presence of Garko… especially liked the second action scene where he first reveals his cannon, and another one where he bursts out the door firing like Bronson in Death Hunt

I love this film. Great fun, great action.

An Italian told me that the title for this translates as ‘Live, Scum… The Price on Your Head is Growing.’ I wish that was the title on the credits. :smiley:

Or a theme song with that title in :grinning:

The German DVD is actually 86:55 minutes, not 97 as listed. Does that mean the Koch disc is cut and if so, what’s missing that’s in the other versions available?

This movie’s page in the database has been updated to the new layout. Let us know of any feedback and submit info, trivia, links or pictures to be included.

We haven’t actually solved this, have we…

The listing is most likely just wrong. They surely meant 87 min, and as that is a Pal length, the resulting 91 min are close to the 92 min of Western all’ Italiana.

The DVD is supposed to be uncut.

Btw from where is this 97 min listing?

it’s what we had in the /DVD subpage, not sure if I put it in there from amazon or somewhere or the back cover of the DVD. At any rate, we should ideally have as much player-confirmed runtimes in the swdb as possible.

New poll for this one, too. Top of the page on the original post! :arrow_up:

1 Like